Where's the milk ?

Options
Like many of you, I like to look at other people's diary.

It occurred to me that I have never seen someone logging milk (except in large quantity, with cereals).

So the big question is: of all the MFP members, am I really the only one drinking coffee with milk ?

I know many don't drink coffee at all, and I know it may be only a coincidence, but still ... No one else than me is logging some milk ?

Confession: everytime I see one of these "Plateau" or Not losing- Help !" posts with OPs swearing to God they log everything, I am always tempted to ask if they drink coffee ...
But I refrain myself. o:)

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've come to enjoy mine black with one splenda. But I still log it, all 4 calories.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Maybe those people drink their coffee black?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee. I no longer drink milk. I prefer to eat my calories. If I use milk, it's with cereal or in a recipe.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

It occurred to me that I have never seen someone logging milk (except in large quantity, with cereals).

So the big question is: of all the MFP members, am I really the only one drinking coffee with milk ?

I know many don't drink coffee at all, and I know it may be only a coincidence, but still ... No one else than me is logging some milk ?

Confession: everytime I see one of these "Plateau" or Not losing- Help !" posts with OPs swearing to God they log everything, I am always tempted to ask if they drink coffee ...

I don't drink coffee, I don't eat much cereal anymore, I don't drink milk. This does not seem at all odd to me.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee, milk, coffee with milk, milk with coffee... wait, what was the question? :drinker:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    B) 'Don't drink coffee.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I log milk, and I log the cream in my coffee too.
  • SassenachJones
    SassenachJones Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drink milk with my breakfast, but it really eats up the calories and carbs quick. I log the cream in my coffee as well.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Some days I like espresso with skimmed milk after lunch, and I log it. But that's not often, I also rarely eat cereal.

My boyfriend drinks a lot of milk every day, but he's not on MFP. :smirk:
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I not only log the milk in my coffee (and the creamer I use at work), I measure it. My wife thinks I'm a freak.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I log milk accurately b/c I like it and it adds calories. I generally have 2.5 oz. of Hood Simply Smart Fat Free Milk with my coffee in the morning. Also, I measure b/c it makes for a consistent latte taste. I tried 1% milk instead, and the Hood Fat Free tastes so much richer and better, I switched back. :yum::heart:
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I only have one a day (if that) with a bit of skim milk and have never bothered to log the milk. If I was a big coffee drinker I would probably log it as it would add up over time.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee often, but when I do it's always black and always sugar free because I've always liked it that way. Those flavored coffees or coffee with creamers or milk just don't do it for me! They ruin that pure coffee taste!

I do have some milk with my flavored tea though, and I always log it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I log milk because I make a latte every day.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I drink decaf and use 2% milk in it. Rather than measure the milk with every mug of coffee I have in the AM, I measure 1 cup of milk and drink mugs of coffee with some of the milk until the milk is gone. I don't worry about the calories in the decaf. I didn't gain the 60 pounds I've now shed from drinking coffee. It was the cookies I was dunking / eating that caused the gain.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I log the milk I use in my oatmeal. Usually 1/2 cup of it. I don't use it in my coffee, though. Not a fan of it in coffee. But I do log the creamer that I use. I don't drink milk often. With the way my stomach is at the moment (recovery from an ED), it handles milk substitutes much better. I do like the taste of milk, though, so sneak it in my oatmeal sometimes. That's about it.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with just milk, no sweetener of any kind. I prefer not to drink my calories, but I can't drink it black, so I started drinking it that way as a compromise. Now I prefer it that way.
  • LindsNW05
    LindsNW05 Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I used to drink milk a lot, but then I got bronchitis a couple of years ago and ever since then I've had some pretty nasty problems whenever I do drink milk. I still drink it, just not as often I used too, I also use a little bit of half and half in my coffee every morning, some reason that small amount doesn't bother me as much.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black with Torani Sugar Free Syrups generally neither of which I log. On the rare occasions I do add milk into my coffee, I do log the milk. But I don't do that often as the milk almost makes it feel like dessert now since I have been drinking it black for so long now.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I drink a pot of coffee with milk each day. That's around 3 large cups. I have never logged the milk. I still reached my goal weight in a reasonable time and have maintained that weight for over one year. I shouldn't worry about milk in tea and coffee if I were you. Concentrate on eating healthy fresh food and not going over your fat or sodium allowance.