Where's the milk ?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee at all. I don't eat cereal very often.
    I do sometimes use milk in cooking or drink a glass of milk. I have logged it.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I usually have organic fat free milk with my breakfast every day. Either a cup of milk to drink, on my cereal, or in a smoothie. It hasn't hampered my weight loss effort at all and with a family history of osteoporosis I need the calcium. Fat free milk is a good source of vitamin D and calcium and it does have a little protein.

22975671.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yeah, milk's great. I sometimes have it as a pre workout drink or with a protein shake or smoothie. (I usually prefer yogurt or cottage cheese, but not because of any anti milk sentiment, just because I do find eaten calories more satisfying than ones I drink.)

But I also don't like it in coffee--makes it thicker than it should be and dilutes the taste, although it's not as unpleasant as sweetened coffee--and think it's weird for the OP to be suspicious that people must be using it and not logging.

I freely admit to not logging the 5 or so calories in my coffee, though.

(And now I'm off to get another cup.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Don't drink milk. I log my 2 tablespoons of half and half for coffee
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with fat free half & half (and log it).
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've never been a huge drinker of milk & usually only have it with my cereal (Silk Almond or Coconut), in a smoothie, or if it's about to go bad I'll have it with my dinner to use it up.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I logged my milk this morning! :P
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ick! Milk in coffee?? haha
    I use International Delight .. right now it's Hazelnut, usually French Vanilla.. and I don't use sugar.

If I have milk in my cereal or protein shake, I log it. That's up to 110 calories!
    I'd rather not just drink a glass of milk though. I do like almond milk in cereal and shakes though!

FTR, I'm surprised no one has made the 'milk is evil' argument! hehe
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I love milk and drink plenty. I log it too. I drink it as a snack on it's own (pretty satiating actually), alongside a sweet snack, as my beverage with supper or mixed into my protein shakes.

I drink my coffee black these days.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I always log the milk in my coffee and tea.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee every day, but do not put milk in it. I use flavor creamers for the most part. That's all I need.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i log my milk and almond milk. I log and weigh every thing. I drink in the morning 2 or 3 normal coffee, black And in the evening i take a nice coffee, like i call it. A cup of boiled low fat or skim milk with instant coffee. Nice and strong.
    Next to this i drink my water ( with or without lemon or lime) and sometimes a nip of Ice sparkling ( one bottle over the whole week) Just for some other taste.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I drink milk in coffee nearly every day. I don't log the coffee itself, just the milk.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee often but when I do, it's with creamer that I do log. However, I like my protein shakes with 2% nonfat, which I do log. It does add some extra calories but I like the extra protein too.
  • JLCrunch
    JLCrunch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee and if I do, rare as that may be, I treat myself to a flavored creamer which I log. I measure and log the milk I do enjoy with my tea, cereal and protein shakes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk in my Diet Pepsi. :s

We truly don't need dairy in our diets, but I'll be damned if I give up yogurt, cheese and ice cream!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with milk. I cut the sugar out years ago, but I still like a little bit of lowfat (1% or 2%) milk with it. I can't stand cream, mind you. I'd prefer to drink it black if there's only cream available.

But yeah, I log my morning coffee with 30ml of milk.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I use soy milk in my coffee and I log it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't drink milk. I use unsweetened almond milk on my cereal and oatmeal.
    Although, I don't drink much of anything except water now. Prefer to chew my calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    No coffee or milk for me, at least not as a drink. I've never liked the taste of either.

I do use milk for cooking sometimes.