Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well I am almost finished with Ripped in 30! I am on day 4 of Level 4 but took about a week off due to sickness. I am going to get heavier weights and do it again. I have also received 6 week 6 pack for Easter so I am going to incorporate that as well. I am going to work my *kitten* off this month so I can be down at least 5 more pounds. How are all the rest of you doing? Ps week 4 is SOOOOO much better than week 3!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What is better the 30 day shred or ripped in 30? I see ripped in 30 is newer. Is it a new version of the shred. Please let me know what you think.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I noticed that ripped in 30 was cheaper than the shred even though its newer. Any ideas why?
  • karenbonina
    Options
    30 day shred, or ripped in 30.
    which will have better results?
  • faith7210
    faith7210 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi everyone I just bought Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30. I start tomorrow! I was does it really work? Do you follow her dieat plan? I also got a couple of her other dvds. Are you just doing her dvd or going to the gym also?
  • faith7210
    faith7210 Posts: 41
    Options
    Oops I meant to say does it really work?
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Well I finished up lvl 4. I was sick so only did 5 days. But I have to say this dvd really does work! But I do also go to the gym 3 times a week also.

I am going to restart lvl 1 again this week. I will post how many pounds and inches I lost this month. But loved this dvd.

30 day shred is easier if you dont workout often start with that because it will build muscles you will need for ripped in 30.
  • mislove68
    Options
    Ok first let me say i burn about 3500-3750 calories a week so I dont just do this video. But I do think this as alot to do with my results. I like to think of this video as what a personal trainer would but you threw for a half hour each day! cant just do this alone imo. additional cardio is needed. I didnt follow her foods but I do try to eat cleaner and drink 12+ cups of water a day.

So here is my results:
    Starting weight 138.6
    ending weight 130.0

Waist
    starting 29"
    ending 28"

Hips
    starting 36"
    ending 35"

Belly button
    starting 33"
    ending 30"

Right thigh
    starting 22"
    ending 20.5"

Left thigh
    starting 22"
    ending 20.5"

Bust
    starting 30"
    ending 29"

Saddle bags
    starting 38.5"
    ending 37"

Calfs stayed the same

never lost anything off arms until now
    right arm
    starting 10.5"
    ending 10"

Left arm 10.5"
    ending 10"
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ok first let me say i burn about 3500-3750 calories a week so I dont just do this video. But I do think this as alot to do with my results. I like to think of this video as what a personal trainer would but you threw for a half hour each day! cant just do this alone imo. additional cardio is needed. I didnt follow her foods but I do try to eat cleaner and drink 12+ cups of water a day.

So here is my results:
    Starting weight 138.6
    ending weight 130.0

Waist
    starting 29"
    ending 28"

Hips
    starting 36"
    ending 35"

Belly button
    starting 33"
    ending 30"

Right thigh
    starting 22"
    ending 20.5"

Left thigh
    starting 22"
    ending 20.5"

Bust
    starting 30"
    ending 29"

Saddle bags
    starting 38.5"
    ending 37"

Calfs stayed the same

never lost anything off arms until now
    right arm
    starting 10.5"
    ending 10"

Left arm 10.5"
    ending 10"

AMAZING!!!! so happy for you!!! see it was all worth it :)
  • mislove68
    Options
    I was going to cut my workouts down a bit this month but since I looked at my results I changed my mind.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well level 2 of Ripped in 30 got off to a rough start...my dvd player DIED mid workout my first day of L2!!!!!!!!! Bought a new one today and now my dvd skips during that same portion of L2 :sad: :angry: SERIOUSLY?!?! But I made it through and I was so ticked I decided to do L1 today as well. The back-to-back workout was fabulous!! I felt great afterwards :happy:
  • muffindowd
    muffindowd Posts: 55
    Options
    I have this DVD and haven't tried it yet!! I did the 30 day shred for 66 days (I will never forget that number ;D) leading up to our wedding and had really fabulous results with it. I started using MFP and doing the elliptical 4--45 min 5-6x a week about 5 weeks ago. I am definitely losing weight, but I want to kick it up a notch!!

@ mislove68 - What do you do at the gym and how do you combine it with this DVD?? I remember being so exhausted every time I finished my Jillian workouts that I can't even imagine doing the elliptical in addition to it...but maybe that's what I should do!!

I'm trying to figure out the best balance of cardio and strength...continuing on in my very serious efforts on the elliptical, but adding in this video too.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread:love: I just started the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and I love it:smooched: :bigsmile: Week One day2 and I think this is just what I need to help me get through a plateau. I have No More Trouble Zones and Blast Fat Metabolism and I love both -I love this one because it is shorter. Can't wait to hear everyone's results:happy:
  • joe143bkg
    joe143bkg Posts: 1
    Options
    Day 5 of week 1, felt a little stronger today, is everyone working out 7 days a week? I had to take thursday off from it and wondering if i should at least do 7 days of week one or move on to week 2 after 6 days? just wondering
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi, all! Just found you all thanks to Gemini_1980 :bigsmile:. I hope I'm not too late to join in. I just started Ripped in 30 today, and i like it better than 30DS, or maybe I'm just happy for the change.
  • jmav87
    jmav87 Posts: 11
    Options
    How effective is Ripped in 30?? I began today week 2 and I'm also doing part of 6w6p but I don't see much difference and I'm trying really hard to eat healthy. Sometimes people tell me I should eat more cause I only eat 3 times a day and very small portions, the thing is that I have a weakness for bread and sweet things like cookies.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I plan to start ripped in 30 today and would like to finish in 30 days. I have already completed the 30 day shred but took longer than 30 days. I also recently attempted insanity but it was not going well so I am hoping this will get me back on track. I am leaving for my first Hawaii vacation on July 2 and would love to lose a few pounds and tone up before my trip!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    So a few posts ago I announced that I started Ripped, and that was this past Monday, however, I weighed in on Sunday, and the scale hadn't budged although I worked my butt of all week. I started Ripped the next day, but couldn't shake that discouraged feeling, and I have not worked out since Monday :( I am going to start again today, but I'm probably going to do Zumba and other workouts for the next couple of days and then start over with Ripped on Monday.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stephinow - It will take more than a week to notice differences. Just because the numbers on the scale don't change does not mean that your body isn't changing. Try taking your measurements every 2 weeks and see if there are changes.
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    I am also doing the Ripped in 30 exercise DVD. I am on Week 2 day 5. I thought Week 1 wasn't so bad and I agree with previous posters that after doing 30 DS it seemed a bit easy. However, week 2 the first few days kicked my butt. I am definitely sweating profusely when I'm done. I can only imagine what week 3 will be like. I work out twice a day. I go to the gym every morning and take classes plus do cardio. When I get home I do Ripped in 30 and then walk the dog for either 1 or 2 miles (depending on time and weather). While the pounds aren't flying off (I have already lost 43 pounds since January) I am definitely losing inches and have become very toned. Jillian definitely kicks your butt and I would recommend this DVD.