Herbalife, Advocare, or Beachbody?

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping breakfast.
    Quick, easy, nutritious foods:
    oatmeal, esp. instant
    yogurt, esp. Greek
    fruit
    toast with peanut butter
    eggs (esp. if you hard boil some & have them in a bag in the fridge)
    cheese
    make a smoothie with frozen fruit & skim milk; maybe add a scoop of whey protein or a raw egg or some flaxseed, nuts, or soft tofu
    make-ahead breakfast muffins (scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, bisquick mix)

Eat real food.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-10-06-eat-real-food-700735

Definitely avoid Herbalife! This page has links to info on some of its problems, including liver failure leading to death.
    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss
    Wrong.
    Eat about half your calories for breakfast in order to lose more weight than the usual American plan of a tiny breakfast & big dinner.
    See the last half of this post for the studies:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-10-some-studies-about-weight-loss-667818

51637601.png

This one: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23512957 is a study for women with metabolic syndrome.

This one: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24467926 is a study on animals.

This one: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24809437 is a study on the Mediterranean diet.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I won a box of Shakeology, so I didn't acutally pay for the thing. Taste is not awesome but you get used to it. Also, I add vanilla protein powder (bodyfortress) and greek yogourt to help with the taste/texture. It does fill you up and diminish the cravings. Everyone around me has the flu and I don't even have an itchy throat!! Is it shakeo or not? I don't know, but usually, I catch everything!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    hyde0610 wrote: »
    I know I will be shamed for this, but I really do love the beach body programs. I have only recently started drinking Shakeology and I love the way that it makes me feel. Maybe it is mental, but I make my drink very thick so it feels like I am drinking a milk shake so since I have that in my mind, I don't feel the need to hit up the candy dish at work because I already feel like I had a treat. Also, yes, I know I can buy any work out DVD and it doesn't necessarily have to be beach body, but these are the ones I have stuck with (also tried 30 Day Shred which I didn't stick with). Also, I did the 21 day fix and it was more about teaching me portion control than a "diet". I needed the guidance of the meal plans and groups. It is so much more than "drink this special drink." No one ever gets on Weight Watchers case about paying to attend meetings to check in or paying for their point books, etc. so why the beach body hate? After trying many things (including running like crazy and making my own meal plans), this is the first thing to work for me so I tend to get a little defensive about it.

Are you sure about that? Pretty much everybody I know here would tell you WW is a waste of money too.
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    How about you try counting calories? for free? eating actual food?

This!!!!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning (their school serves all kids breakfast) so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping beeakfast.

I hear ya, I took my protein powder and oatmeal to work and would make protein oatmeal at work once I had a minute to sit down and actually eat.
    Larabar makes an "ok" protein bar (the ALT ones have 10 grams of protein)
    Sometimes I pack some almonds and an apple in my purse and eat while I'm driving.
    You can find a good protein powder cheaper at a health food store.
    I hear quest bars are the bomb but I have some food allergies that prevent me from eating them.
    It sounds like you need something you can put in your purse and eat while driving.

I hear the best time to eat fruit is in the morning, fruit should be eaten by itself because it digests so quickly and won't make you feel all sluggish. Apples have more "wake up" power than a cup of coffee.

• firewomen
    Options
    hola,hay opiniones divididas en torno a herbalife,sin embargo,puedo decirte que es porque no conocen para que esta fabricado, herbalife es un suplemento nutricional,que te puede ayudar a bajar o subir de peso o a mantenerte, pero debes seguir indicaciones para que no haya rebotes,como cualquier otro producto.yo tengo 8 años consumiendolo y lo convino con una buena nutricion,yo lo consumo para baja de peso tomandolo por la mañana y por la noche, eso evita que consuma calorias de mas, de echo toda mi familia lo consume,hasta los bebes..no te hara daño,al contrario,inviertes en salud porque lo que gastarias en sodas,una amburguesa,cigarros o cerveza mejor usalo en buena nutricion,es costo beneficio.solo tu puedes tomar la decicion...
  • trenzalours
    Options
    Personally I believe these are just pyramid schemes. Do they work? Yes. Do you need them? No.

I just went through and read mostly all the posts and everyone is right. You have TONS of options to be able to eat healthy, eat what you want, when you want, and still lose weight.
    1. Make your breakfast the night before; crockpot oatmeal, your own protein shakes, etc.
    2. Skip breakfast and save the calories for lunch/dinner. If you're not hungry right in the morning then listen to your body.
    3. Have something healthy and quick. Like just eat an apple or even try the breakfast wrap ups that they have out there. I know they sell morning healthy choice burritos and that takes like 90 seconds.
    4. All in all you don't need to do anything unless you really want too. Try out all the shakes if that's what you think will fit your lifestyle. None of us live your life so none of us can truly determine what's best for you.
    5. Just eat healthy and be healthy. Your body will love you no matter which method you choose just as long as you stay true to yourself and your body.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna piss your money away, I'll take some too.
  • LadyT_TNT
    Options
    My dad sells Herbalife, I sell Advocare and several friends sell Beachbody Shakeology. In my opinion, the best tasting is Shakeology. I use Herbalife because my dad gives it to me for free...can't beat free.

Hey, she said she wanted reviews from actual customers, not distributors. I don't think you qualify to give a non-biased review.
    How is my review biased when I clearly indicate that I prefer the meal replacement shake that doesn't come from the company I'm a distributor for?

I actually thought your opinion was well worded and perfectly within the realm of what she asked for... Good job.

~~~~

How about setting up overnight oats for yourself? Do it at night, grab and run in the morning.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    MissMissle wrote: »
    skullshank wrote: »
    Yet nearly everyone who has quoted what you have said in this forum has been "flagged" as well? Isn't that ironic a little bit?

23ia2j5.gif

It's actually a coincidence. Just like the song!

i'm just here to post gifs.

771123d1360670062t-odd-gifs-h9bf3a82c.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I do not sell Advocare but I am a customer. I use the MNS3 supplement packs. It is kind of expensive. Of course the girl I buy from wants me to start selling it but I'm not ready for that. MNS3 works best for me. if been taking them for almost 6 months. I've lost 54 lbs. It helps curb my appetite and I don't get the strong crazy cravings I use to. It has probiotics in it along with stuff like garlic, Omega 3, green tea extract and all the other typical vitamins and minerals. Spark is great but it to much for me with the MNS3. I have tried their breakfast bars but I only buy them on sale. I know people say don't buy these type of things because it's expensive. But I have a cousin who is a doctor. She has been telling me for years that if you want good supplements you have to spend the money. The stuff in the drugstores are a weaker version. That's why they are cheaper.

I'm not into meal replacement shakes. I do make eggs in the microwave sometimes. Hungry Girl has several recipes or you can Google mug eggs. It only takes 5 minutes prep included. I use whole eggs but you can use egg whites or egg beaters.

While I don't discredit the great job you have done losing 54lbs, it is pretty common knowledge that the ingredients in these products are sub par. Whether a doctor told you that or not (tip: doctors don't know much about nutrition) makes little difference.

Not all doctors are ignorant to nutrition, though I do believe a lot are. My cousin (the doctor) and her husband who is also a doctor do study nutrition among a lot of other things. They are big into eating organic, no GMO, they are big into natural remedies.

You are all free to have a opinion. We all have them. I rarely reply to posts and this is why. The original poster is asking for opinions. We shouldn't be picking each others opinion's apart.

Just ignore them. They have nothing better to do :)

But...but....aren't you doing the same thing? You share your opinions on these boards quite frequently.

Yeah, I post frequently. I don't rip apart/nit pick people's opinions. There's a big difference.

Yes, cause telling someone to ignore a poster (me) when I said nothing negative to the girl isn't nit picky at all....

You clearly didn't read my previous post. Or maybe you did since it was flagged twice for abuse when it's no where close to "abusive." People really need to learn when it's appropriate to flag a post and when it's not.

You are right. I actually did not see your other reply. Wasn't me who flagged you. I only flag the posts I like these days since flagging is pointless on here.

Either way, she said something, I replied (very kindly I might add), she replies and says that this is why she doesn't post on the forums, and you say (with myself being quoted) just ignore them. I don't think I am off base assuming you were talking about me.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    I've had Advocare chocolate meal replacement, it was really good and I stayed full for hours. It was best prepared in a blender, which obviously will take time. I personally grab a cheese stick or ounce of cheese and an apple, it take a few seconds and I can eat it easily in the car.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like the taste of the Advocare shakes best. Way better than the EAS and Muscle Milk and other kinds of shakes I've tried... some are so nasty I end up throwing them away almost unused! Herbalife..eh... they're ok. I've never tried the beachbody ones.

The chocolate Advocare shake with 1/2 a frozen banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter and some ice cubes put through the blender is super yummy.
    I just tried a pumpkin + spices + vanilla shake a week or so ago that was pretty good.
    My husband likes the berry flavor shakes the best.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I need to go back to my spanish studies, it's taking me a lot longer to understand that post than it should.

From my admittedly limited Spanish, the poster is basically saying that it (Herbalife) works for them, their whole family uses it, they've been using it for eight years, but judge for yourself, etc.

In other words, a bunch of hooey. I still advocate eating real food over these shake things. Reminds me of when SlimFast was a big deal - you see how well that worked out.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    No x3- take the money you would have wasted and get decent food from the grocery store
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning (their school serves all kids breakfast) so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping beeakfast.

You're gonna pay too much because of the pyramid nature of the sales forces for these products. IMO you are better off with something from a store or Amazon...Or get a nice protein powder and add some fresh ingredients, it will taste infinitely better and not take much longer at all.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

It takes literally 45 seconds to "poach" an egg in the microwave. Slap it on a piece of multigrain toast, add a slice of cheese, and you're done.

• KTDNLady
    KTDNLady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To answer the original question: I use shakeology and actually like it. I just started using it and I was always very skeptical of these meal replacement drinks. I know it's an MLM scheme, but I bought it because it came in a package with the DVDs I wanted and I wanted to help my friend out. THat being said....
    I like the taste - I usually add berries to it or almond butter. I like that it has 17 g of protein in just the powder before I add milk, nut butter or other ingredients. That's like 3 eggs and I try to get a lot of protein at breakfast.
    - It fills me up
    - my skin has cleared up a lot since using it.
    - while i know I could save a lot of money making my own food, the powder has a lot of nutrients and superfoods that I wouldn't get making it on my own. The powder works out to about $4.50 per day I think.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    KTDNLady wrote: »
    To answer the original question: I use shakeology and actually like it. I just started using it and I was always very skeptical of these meal replacement drinks. I know it's an MLM scheme, but I bought it because it came in a package with the DVDs I wanted and I wanted to help my friend out. THat being said....
    I like the taste - I usually add berries to it or almond butter. I like that it has 17 g of protein in just the powder before I add milk, nut butter or other ingredients. That's like 3 eggs and I try to get a lot of protein at breakfast.
    - It fills me up
    - my skin has cleared up a lot since using it.
    - while i know I could save a lot of money making my own food, the powder has a lot of nutrients and superfoods that I wouldn't get making it on my own. The powder works out to about $4.50 per day I think.

Wow, I didn't know the price of that stuff! Thanks for that info. The price kinda struck me just now.

For 4.50 a day, I can get 2 or 3 dozen eggs. Or I can get a sack of apples. Or I can buy a ton of oatmeal.

Personally, I'd rather buy real food and invest in a good multivitamin.

three egg whites, a multivitamin, a tbsp of peanut butter, and 2 pieces of bread = breakfast at less than $1
    a sweet potato with cottage cheese and a little hummus twice baked = lunch also less than $1
    A couple packs of fruit snacks for snacks: less than 0.50

So I have eaten food so far today and I'm full, and I spent a dollar less than the daily powder, and only about 5 minutes prep last night for the twice baked potato (in the microwave). It takes me less than 5 minutes to make breakfast.

To each his own.

ETA: Or's. Or's make the math work.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    MissMissle wrote: »
    Yet nearly everyone who has quoted what you have said in this forum has been "flagged" as well? Isn't that ironic a little bit?

23ia2j5.gif

It's actually a coincidence. Just like the song!

i'm just here to post gifs.

771123d1360670062t-odd-gifs-h9bf3a82c.jpg

I guess not everyone can handle GIFs

200.gif