I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Replies

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I used to put sugar on everything (grapefruit, strawberries, and even Capn' Crunch) That is the way my parents taught me to eat it. I didn't know any different. Though I still love sugar I just don't crazy anymore. Strawberries taste awesome in their natural state.

My grandmother taught me eat watermelon with a lot of salt. When I started focusing on my health. I was amazed how I was presumed to be taught to eat healthy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Well, everything I used to eat I STILL eat. So... nothing.

I eat whatever I want, too, but just less of it.

As, it seems, do many people on this thread.

I was trying for sarcasm. That is hard to type.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

I eat whatever I want, too, but just less of it.

As, it seems, do many people on this thread.

I was trying for sarcasm. That is hard to type.

we need a sarcasm emoticon.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    akboy58 wrote: »
    An entire bowl of California onion dip, with an entire bag of Ruffles to go with, all at one sitting. Yikes.

^^This. The "Party" size bag, too. After I had a huge dinner (and lunch, and breakfast). Now, I still eat whatever I want, just not "everything" I want, and certainly not everyday in that quantity.

But my singular "past ghost" is those dang Ruffles and French Onion dip. I just do not buy party bags (and ABSOLUTELY no onion dip! LOL). I'm definitely in the "everything in moderation" camp, but NO Ruffles for me. Ever. (Did you know they're delicious dipped in BBQ sauce and ranch, too? OMG, heaven...

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited November 2014

Kind of this. Fish stick are a lot nicer fried. Fries are a lot nicer fried. I just eat less and within my calories these days as I want to protect my deficit and get to target. The food would taste as nice as it ever did. All the time im on the cardio I keep thinking if only human beings were twice as efficient at burning calories.....

Chips am sure I could eat ten small bags.
    Whole cheescake/trifle
    A lot of chocolate
    Between 15-20 spare ribs, which was very nice. Lot of protein.

I do miss not having massive plates of fried rice , chilli beef or sweet and sours that I cook. Its too much hassle in cooking for the size of portion id get at the moment.

Such a shame I cant eat without consequence. I'll be back....
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Half a Little Caesars's pizza, McChickens for a snack, half a box of pasta ( for a 5'2" girl)...
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    My two low points: One eating so much junk until I felt my stomach "tear" and it hurt for about 1-2 years after that. And the second was a more recent one: 2 medium pizzas in one sitting (yep...I'm pathetic....)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    jade2112 wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    A whole bag of Doritos, a six pack of beer, AND a half bag of the jumbo Hershey's kisses. In addition to whatever the meal was.

Mostly I'm just in awe of how many calories I used to eat in one day. The sheer volume of food. I couldn't eat that much food now. You never really realize how much you are packing away until you start to track it. I personally was like, "Good Lord, woman. Pig much?"

Just a question. Did the beer work or did the food soak up all the alcohol making it just, as one might put it, empty calories?

As you suspected, it didn't even do that much for me. I wasn't even buzzed how I wanted and so I was just wasting my calories. It was a bummer.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    The worse thing I would eat was a potato chip sandwich. 2 slices of white bread with lots of mayo and a bunch of sour cream and onion pringle chips. I also ate way to much sweets. I was once proud of eating and drinking nothing but chocolate for one day. Don't understand why I was proud of that. smh

i thought the melted cheeseplate guy was wining but this sandwich took gumption, you are now in the lead.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Gotta go people, I just heard kiddo scream "PANCAAKES!" like "TIMBERRR!"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    giphy.gif

now I hear hubs saying..."mm. MM!"

me: Extra butter please!

I eat what I want within my cal goals. Nothing I used to eat is off limits, but then again I did not have the creativity of chip sandwich lady or the devotion of melted cheese plate man.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    The thing thats really made me wary is pizza, because unless I have a whole one its not that filling. One slice is underwhelming. I am always in for the extra toppings as well, so when you look at the calories its thousands, especially if it was at home. Cheese, meat and flour all go towards making it calorie heavy.
  • AshleySuperstar
    AshleySuperstar Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2014
    For me it was full bags of chips, sometimes with dips (entire containers of dip) all in one sitting.
    Rice, white rice. Oh my god I ate loads of that. With butter and soya sauce.
    Full bags/bars of chocolate and/or candies.
    SODA! as a Canadian I go shopping in the states a few times a year and I get soda that we can't get around here and the calorie count.. I can't even! -I'm going again soon I must limit myself this time around.
    :\
    I should say I still do enjoy these things just in smaller quantities. I may slip now and then but I'm human. I just start over.
  • Whole gallon of ice cream in a day. Whole box of Little Debbie snack cakes in one sitting. Large bags of chips and jar of queso at one sitting. Entire box of mac & cheese with a can of tuna added plus hot sauce and lots of ranch dressing added (this was my dinner almost every night for years). 4 hot dogs with mayo for breakfast, then 3 bologna/cheese sandwiches with mayo for lunch. Large Papa Johns pizzas. I once ate the whole Mcdonald's Big Box Meal (2 Big Macs, 2 Cheeseburgers, 4 sm. fries, and 10 chicken nuggets) 25 hot wings and a large fry from my favorite wing place. (I still eat wings on my "reward day"-just now I have 5 and a side salad :smile: ) 4 or 5 trips to the Chinese buffet or Golden Corral buffet. And haven't done this one in about 8 years since I was diagnosed with diabetes-but drink a 12 pk of Pepsi a day. Now I may only drink 3 diet Pepsi's in a week. Yea, I can plainly see how my fat *kitten* got to 548 lbs. But I started my diet Oct 13 this year and at last weigh in on Nov 10 (4 weeks) I was at 496 (52 lbs lost) :smiley: It's amazing how we didn't really see it when we were doing it. Or maybe we did, and just didn't care anymore. Either way, I thank God for MFP and everyone here that has supported me and encouraged me.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    One large pizza...loaded with cheese and triple meat, then a half gallon of ice cream with a jar of hot fudge sauce. Now I'm down to three slices of pizza and no ice cream.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Is it sad that I still eat some of the things people mention here as a "low point"? I still eat the whole 100 g chocolate bar in one setting every now and then. I still eat a whole can of pringles, or fried things (heck, I ate 600 calorie worth of fried eggplant today).

What I can't believe I used to eat is the things that I don't really care for but ate "just because they're lying around". I don't like salt and vinegar flavored chips for example, but used to eat a family pack just because it was in the pantry. Now instead of grabbing random things "just because" I make sure I really like and want whatever I'm eating. Calories are a precious currency to me now, and only the worthiest and tastiest of foods get to have a big chunk of them.
  • HewmonFemale
    HewmonFemale Posts: 5 Member
    Gosh there's a few I used to overdue it with.
    -Takis Fuego chips. I'd eat a whole bag at a time.
    -Ice Cream (and I'm lactose intolerant).
    -Pizza, I'd dip it in ranch dressing.
    -Buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing.
    I used to eat this on a regular basis. Now I have them once in a blue moon.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    rcookenc wrote: »
    Whole gallon of ice cream in a day. Whole box of Little Debbie snack cakes in one sitting. Large bags of chips and jar of queso at one sitting. Entire box of mac & cheese with a can of tuna added plus hot sauce and lots of ranch dressing added (this was my dinner almost every night for years). 4 hot dogs with mayo for breakfast, then 3 bologna/cheese sandwiches with mayo for lunch. Large Papa Johns pizzas. I once ate the whole Mcdonald's Big Box Meal (2 Big Macs, 2 Cheeseburgers, 4 sm. fries, and 10 chicken nuggets) 25 hot wings and a large fry from my favorite wing place. (I still eat wings on my "reward day"-just now I have 5 and a side salad :smile: ) 4 or 5 trips to the Chinese buffet or Golden Corral buffet. And haven't done this one in about 8 years since I was diagnosed with diabetes-but drink a 12 pk of Pepsi a day. Now I may only drink 3 diet Pepsi's in a week. Yea, I can plainly see how my fat *kitten* got to 548 lbs. But I started my diet Oct 13 this year and at last weigh in on Nov 10 (4 weeks) I was at 496 (52 lbs lost) :smiley: It's amazing how we didn't really see it when we were doing it. Or maybe we did, and just didn't care anymore. Either way, I thank God for MFP and everyone here that has supported me and encouraged me.

So happy to hear of your 52 pound loss.

I'm wishing you the best.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    -half a Tombstone pizza. Last time I did it it tasted like cardboard
    -I would sometimes get a fresh mozzarella ball and eat it as a meal. Yeah, the calories on that weren't that great.

Ice cream remains in my life, but no more than two servings at once (and it depends on how many calories I have remaining)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Chocolate binges. Wow.