I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I got fat eating mostly homegrown foods, but sometimes when I think of the foods I used to eat, and enjoy, as a child it makes me cringe. Bologna, deviled ham, Spam, frozen Salisbury steak, Hamburger Helper, TV dinners, trans fats out the wazoo, just so much non-food food.
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A whole pizza (market pantry, spinach and goat cheese), jalapeno poppers (with cream cheese filling), doritos, a pint of Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk, and, of course, diet coke...in one sitting...

Yes, it was pathological. Still working on it.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I got fat eating mostly homegrown foods, but sometimes when I think of the foods I used to eat, and enjoy, as a child it makes me cringe. Bologna, deviled ham, Spam, frozen Salisbury steak, Hamburger Helper, TV dinners, trans fats out the wazoo, just so much non-food food.

Lol thanks for reminding me of exactly my childhood!

I've always been petty skinny, but I could take down a totinos party pizza and like a bag of chips.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Late night toast sessions - easily six slices of toast, thickly spread with plant oil spreads and peanut butter. Well - bread is good for you, right?
    - oh and the reason? - I'm carbing up for the morning session tomorrow - yeah right!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to, just not in abundance.

I used to eat entire pizzas on my own.
    I used to go to two or three different fast food joints to create my own three course meals.
    I could eat an entire large bag of Doritos sweet spicy chili with a jar of Tostitos spinach dip in a sitting.
    I could eat an entire XXL Hershey bar with almonds. I'm talking the HUGE one.
    Once a week I'd buy brownie mix. I'd prepare it according to the box, then sit down at my computer and eat the batter with a large spoon. An entire box of batter.

I have no idea how I made it to 410 lbs without any peers (parents, doctors etc) mentioning it. I was bullied throughout childhood and most of young adulthood but I really, honestly didn't know WHY I was because I didn't view my eating habits as abnormal. Funny thing is no one of importance called me out on my weight until I started losing it.

87 lbs down so far and it's nice to know I can control my future.
    Great job! I find it interesting noone cares to say anything until you want to change and be healthy and then they want you to be as you always were before. It makes it tough sometimes.
  • chantalebelle
    Options
    jade2112 wrote: »
    I used to just slice cheese, put it on a plate, microwave it and eat it with a fork. Like, several times a week.

That is pretty bad.

but delicious
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    where to even start

Burger King and McDonalds, Wendy's twice a day.

huge chocolate bars in one sitting, ice cream pints in one day, (the small containers that have four servings per container.)

too many to list really...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Entire box of crackers (like Chicken in a Biskit or some such) with an entire can of Easy Cheese. Also I'd stuff croissants with potato salad and eat it like a sandwich; like 3 or 4 at a time. WTH?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I used to go to sheetz and get a two pack of entenmenns chocolate donuts, tasty kake cream filled ho hos, cherry pepsi, and sometimes a chocolate bar, or kitkat, or reeses cup. Id sit and try to eat it all before I got home so I could hide the evidence on the drive home which was about 5 minutes. Before that I was addicted to sheetz chocolate chip cookies and had to eat two two packs a day. Before that hostess cream in the middle muffin things ( which I cannot eat anymore bc they are nasty tasting to me now). Lets see hald jars of nutella just huge spponfuls or sandwiches. Pb half jars. Half or whole packages of oreos. Whole portions of cakes cookies or brownies earen all day til gone.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I declared Friday's "Cheesecake Friday". I would get home from work on Friday, make a cheesecake, and I would have the whole thing eaten by the next day. Not even kidding. My boyfriend would wake up in the night and bust me eating it.
    Now I have an occasional slice, not an entire cake.

I also used to eat so much bread and peanut butter. I would easily have 8 pieces of toast with peanut butter, and would drown it down with huge glasses of milk. I easily ate my days calories in just peanut butter toast. Probably more actually.
    I still eat it, just not quite so piggishly.
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used to just slice cheese, put it on a plate, microwave it and eat it with a fork. Like, several times a week.

I only got this far, but wanted to say that I did this too!! I gave up dairy for the Whole 30 last year and it broke my habit. I think I've done it once in the past year.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I used to mix a whole pint of sour cream with a packet of lipton onion soup mix and eat it for dinner with a jumbo bag of sour cream and onion chips. Eating a whole Domino's pizza was also a regular occurrence.

Oh... and 3-4 egg and cheese on a bagel sandwiches from a deli near my house when I was in college. I could eat all 3-4 within like half an hour.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I would fill a bowl up with a lot of ice cream & pile it either a lot of cereal, ten cookies, two or three brownies, or two or three pieces of cake. Or when I ate ten candy bars.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Mygsds wrote: »
    Here's mine.. We love turkey or chicken. Made my own homemade dressing , put dressing between thick slices of bread and then cover the whole thing with tons of gravy with extra butter on the top. I too would eat a entire roll of cookie dough in one sitting. I'm now 62 lbs lighter and 21 to go, but get nervous with Thanksgiving around the corner. I can't believe I was ok with that way of eating. Felt so ashamed afterward, but ready to do again next time. Thank God for MFP..

I'm so curious about this one...what was the point of the "extra butter on the top"? Could you even taste it? It just seems like the kind of thing that the gravy flavor would cancel that out, so I'm just wondering why put it, or was there an actual improvement in the taste?

No, In those days, I thought I had to put it on everything. Glad those days are done....

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I used to eat only TV dinners. The cheap Banquet ones too. No wonder I had stomach aches every day.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    My biggest weakness is box cake, like Betty Crocker. If I made a funfetti cake with funfetti frosting I would eat 2/3 of it within 24 hours and my hubby was lucky if he got any.

I love Taco Bell but I haven't been there in months because I can't make the macros work for me at only 1300 calories a day. I would drop 1000-1500 calories easy on lunch there, and I only maintain on 1700-1800 a day.

If I bought a "theater box" of Candy at Walgreens (or 3) I would eat it all within hours.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    My bike rode off with any qualms I ever developed about eating "unhealthy" things... portioning aside, I'll still eat all the same things I used to.
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1/2 pint of ice cream in one sitting right outta the carton. That's not even the worst, welcome to the life of a binge eater...
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    About 12 Weissbiers. Regularly. Now if I have six - which I did the other night - I pay for it the next day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Well, everything I used to eat I STILL eat. So... nothing.

This, except for pickles. When I was in my teens, I used to get crazy pickle cravings and would sometimes eat an entire jar. I think I ate so many that my body got sick of them - I'm not a fan anymore. I don't dislike them, but I don't seek them out either.