Dropping pounds with inspiring pals [CLOSED GROUP]

Options

Replies

• pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had some great NSVs this week... Congratulations to all. Virgo, I think that you should add that food plan to your NSV! That looks like a lot of work. Let us know how having the month planned out at once works out for you :smile:

My NSV... With Easter dinner and seeing extended family I haven't seen in a while, I got a lot of compliments on how good I look. But of all the people I've seen this past week, I think the best was the parents of the father of the family I babysit for (I should add now that I've been babysitting this family for almost four years and I kind of feel like I am part of their family). The parents were in for the weekend and they told me how good I looked. I don't know why that made me feel the best out of everyone but it did.

Sunday Goals:

Last week my goal was to do my morning/evening yoga routine each day, and I only missed Friday night because I was too exhausted and just went to bed instead. This week my goal is to drink more water. I used to drink 10-12 cups a day, but then I went on vacation in March and that totally screwed me up. Now there are days where I only just barely make 8 cups. I need to step it up.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    This week my goal is to drink more water. I used to drink 10-12 cups a day, but then I went on vacation in March and that totally screwed me up. Now there are days where I only just barely make 8 cups. I need to step it up.

I think I need to make water my goal too. I actually had 2 days last week that I barely made 3 cups for a whole day! I'm probably horribly dehydrated.
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sunday

I think my goal this week is to keep drinking plenty of water and to work on my soium intake. I am going to stick with my new diet and let my body adjust. and this week is the first week in my no meat for this month.
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sunday

I think my goal this week is to keep drinking plenty of water and to work on my soium intake.

I am right there with ya! I made homemade waffles this morning, and now that i've sat down to calculate it all they are RIDICULOUSLY high in sodium... Here goes to drinking 10 glasses of water today! :)
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are to do my aerobics DVD 5 days this week and I want to shoot for losing 5lbs. I know that's a little high, but I want to have something to shoot for and I think I can achieve it!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to stick to my no meat diet along with Chrystal. However, I forgot that it was today that we started because I have been super busy with homework, school and applying for jobs that it completely slipped my mind until I logged onto here. SORRY :embarassed: So I ate two pieces of ham for lunch :devil: but it won't happen again, I swear! Tuna for me...

I am also going to try my best to exercise at least five days a week this month and I hope I can do it!
  • chrystal559
    Options
    My goal for this week is to stick to my no meat diet along with Chrystal. However, I forgot that it was today that we started because I have been super busy with homework, school and applying for jobs that it completely slipped my mind until I logged onto here. SORRY :embarassed: So I ate two pieces of ham for lunch :devil: but it won't happen again, I swear! Tuna for me...

I am also going to try my best to exercise at least five days a week this month and I hope I can do it!

Hey girl dont worry. Torrow is a new day... I was so tempted... I wanted a roast beef sandwich.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :smile:. I didn't eat so well this weekend... Saturday I went into the Bronx with family for dinner at this fabulous Italian restaurant, and I wanted to be able to enjoy my dinner since I rarely go into the city to eat. I didn't log anything... although, I ate a small breakfast, and I don't really think I went over my calories (and if I did, it wasn't by much). But of course, while we were there, my parents bought all sorts of good things like fresh cheeses, sausage, Italian bread, cookies, and pastries... Now our house is full of delicious and high-calorie foods. Last night my brother and sister-in-law came over for dinner and my parents made ravioli. So I'm pretty sure that yesterday I was indeed over my calories.

Regardless, I did have a 2 pound loss this week, but I feel the need to crack down on myself this week. I feel like two weeks ago I had to crack down on myself and that lasted about a week. Haha... Seriously this time, back to eating healthy foods this week, and exercising a lot. It's supposed to rain, which could be a problem, but if it does I'm going to do my yoga videos instead.
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    Good morning all! I unintentionally took most of the weekend off since I had access to MFP only through my phone and that can be annoying when posting on the boards. I'm ready for the week to continue on though!!! I'm doing some kind of exercise daily for the month of May - well starting today, yesterday was a bust for a couple of different reasons...but I need to up my exercise in a big way.

I emailed a friend of a friend who is a nutrition counselor and works mostly with professional bodybuilders/competitiors. I'm definitely not going that route, but I'm interested in what she has to say - and how she can help me - more importantly how much it will cost! LOL

Hope we ALL have a great week! <3
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I ended up doing homework all weekend, and didn't pay attention to what I was eating. My body didn't like that very much.. woke me up at 6 this morning and started throwing up. Yuck. Not the best way to wake up, especially on a monday lol.

Anywho - I lost 3.5 lbs as of my last weigh-in (friday). Woo hoo! I'm at 213.. if I can hold close to that (or less preferably) for the next week until school is out then I should be pretty set to hit ONEderland in no time this summer :bigsmile:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Was absent this weekend. Home internet is through my hubby's phone, which I didn't have access to on Saturday. Sunday we were out all day long, when I did try to log into mfp, the pages were taking forever to load! It took me 10 minutes just to log in my weight.

We had a chili cook-off today at work. I wasn't going to participate, but my supervisor asked me to do it. He gave me $ to go and buy the ingredients. I made a Turkey Chili. I put the ingredients in the Recipe tab. 213 calories in a serving but sodium was out of this world! Woops!! over 1000mg of sodium. Darn canned tomatoes! LOL!

Drinking lots of water today. I got third place for my chili tho. :bigsmile:

And what in the world are burpees?? I'm about to do a google search, but am afraid of what kind of results I may bet on the work computer! :ohwell:
  • rebecky27
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I ended up doing homework all weekend, and didn't pay attention to what I was eating. My body didn't like that very much.. woke me up at 6 this morning and started throwing up. Yuck. Not the best way to wake up, especially on a monday lol.

Anywho - I lost 3.5 lbs as of my last weigh-in (friday). Woo hoo! I'm at 213.. if I can hold close to that (or less preferably) for the next week until school is out then I should be pretty set to hit ONEderland in no time this summer :bigsmile:

Congrats on the wieght loss!!! But so sory you got sick afterwards!! Hope you are feeling better!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I had a busy weekend, that included a party at a friends. Although I didn't drink, I did eat WAY too much crap. Since being on vacation, I am having a hard time getting back on track and it sucks! This morning I woke up with a horrible headache and was using that excuse not to get out of bed to workout. I logged on here and started reading everyone's status' and posts and found them very motivating! Everyone was mentioning their goals for the day/week/month and I got my lazy butt up and did a quick run. Had to be quick, as I ran out of time staying on MFP so long!

Doing 30DS tonight, did anyone start last night? I'm hoping my knees can deal with it this time around!

~Christina= Your meal calander looks AMAZING!!! I should try to do that, as I only plan a few days (if that) in advance. All your dinners sound so yummy too!

WATER CHALLENGE!!! I'm also having a hard time getting my water in after vacation. I'm starting a challenge! TEN (10) glasses of water a DAY and TWELVE (12) on "tinkle" Tuesday!! Anyone in?? Add me if you like, I'll do water checks through out the day :smile:
  • chrystal559
    Options
    Monday check in

I haven't been doing too good this week. I am up 4lbs. I think it is because of TOM but I also switched up on my diet this week.
    I was told that I was putting my body into starvation mode so I am now eating more calories in the day and trying to exercise less. I can't seem to eat enough when I exercise. But now this week I have gained weight and I am so frusterating. People are saying that my body is just holding onto the calories because I was in starvation mode. It just make my mood all... Grrrrr
    :frown:
    I have been trying to lose weight so bad and been doing ok and then I start eating more because I heard that I was in starvation mode and that isn't working for me.
    My diet has been ok but it is the end of the month and we are out of veggies and fruits. And so I eat alot of carbs at the end of the month. But I get food stamps in 2 days so I am going to load up on food. yeah

So yeah just been discouraged and frusterated this week... I hope I lose this next week or I am going to back to my origanal diet.... Grrrr:mad:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Doing 30DS tonight, did anyone start last night? I'm hoping my knees can deal with it this time around!

Let me know how it goes. I started last night...thought I was going to die! Hoping I survive tonight...

My food has been hit or miss...I've been eating almost all my exercise calories back over the last week, maybe that won't be horrible, but the last time I was eating my exercise cals I didn't lose at all.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @chrystal559 - I'm sorry your diet isn't going the way you want. Hopefully this week will turn around. Don't get discouraged. :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

I haven't been doing too good this week. I am up 4lbs. I think it is because of TOM but I also switched up on my diet this week.
    I was told that I was putting my body into starvation mode so I am now eating more calories in the day and trying to exercise less. I can't seem to eat enough when I exercise. But now this week I have gained weight and I am so frusterating. People are saying that my body is just holding onto the calories because I was in starvation mode. It just make my mood all... Grrrrr
    :frown:
    I have been trying to lose weight so bad and been doing ok and then I start eating more because I heard that I was in starvation mode and that isn't working for me.
    My diet has been ok but it is the end of the month and we are out of veggies and fruits. And so I eat alot of carbs at the end of the month. But I get food stamps in 2 days so I am going to load up on food. yeah

So yeah just been discouraged and frusterated this week... I hope I lose this next week or I am going to back to my origanal diet.... Grrrr:mad:

Sometimes it takes the body a while to adjust, I'd say give it another week or two and if you aren't losing anything still then switch it up again for another 2-3 weeks.

Just out of curiousity, how many calories were you eating before and how many are you eating now?
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that I have made it out of the 3's.
    I also want to whine for a second. I am going on a cruise with my Mom for one week starting Sunday, and while i do great with food and exercise during the week I am not nearly as good as I should be during the weekends at all meals.. Especially like last night for instance! TERRIBLE! I ate 2 rolls at Logans! GRR...

Anyways, I am open to any tips you all may have. If you've never been on a cruise they can be a MAJOR food fest! Also, I won't have internet access for a week! So no MFP either :( I am worried that I am going to gain TONS of weight on my cruise. I am planning to jog/walk the upper decks each morning, and watch what I eat!

@ Chrystal- FWIW- My doctor told me that people with more than 75 lbs to lose can eat only 1000-1200 calories a day and will still lose weight... I try to be around 1200-1400 each day and have lost almost 54 lbs on that. I rarely eat exercise calories.

@Neurotic, and all other 30DS people.Y'all have inspired me I'm going to curse at Jillian tonight! :)

Happy Day peeps! :)
  • rebecky27
    Options
    congrats mrs savvy!! so very jealous that you are going on a cruise. I've never been!! Just because the food is there, doesn't mean you have to eat it!! Try to stay busy with all the activities on the ship and shore excursions!!

Where are you cruising to?

I forgot that it was May already!! I will have to start 30DS tomorrow morning! I have two board meetings to attend tonight when I get out of work, causing me to miss my Zumba too! :frown:
  • mds2372
    mds2372 Posts: 53
    Options
    I missed yesterday and I might be rather intermittent this week. Finishing up my last semester as an undergraduate, getting ready for graduation, and packing up my on-campus apartment has me really booked up for this week. I am down to revising one paper, writing one paper, and finishing writing/revising a lesson plan all due Thursday or Friday. I need to be moved out and the apartment cleaned by 6pm on Saturday. So with all this hecticness, my goals this week are to do all of the above and manage my eating (either prevent myself from overeating or prevent myself from doing like today and going all day without eating).

Monday Check-in: Saturday I weighed in with an expected 3lb gain. I have really been screwing up with sodium and eating related to being stressed. I also haven't been doing any intense exercise that really gets my heart rate up.

An update about my walking friend: I am trying to figure out the best way to tell her that things aren't working out and that, to be honest, she doesn't treat me well and therefore I need her to back off and leave me alone. I don't know if that phrasing of it is very good, especially because she holds a lot of power for the future of my professional career and I don't trust that she can distinguish between personal and professional. I wish I could go back in time and not even get myself in this mess.