rate my diet plan!

Options

Replies

• coruscatti
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    But it also didn't say "rate my diet plan from a nutritional standpoint" either. From your own comments and what you say you wanted to hear, that's how it should have been worded. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't post a vague topic and then expect people to read your mind about what context the answers should be.

As I said, most people can tell the difference between connotation and denotation.
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    Goodness! This is what I'm talking about... no one was mocking you, they were just messing around, you could be an adult and choose which posts to comment to or you could be a troll and engage, engage, engage. Why would you think after someone posted something facetious that all of a sudden they would response constructively to your attitude? You seriously ignored all of the positive things I said in my comment and attacked something that someone else said, I merely summarized. You are very literal and petty, stuff your face, be happy and carry on.

Oh ok so it's ok for them to "mess around with me" by calling my diet plan "disgusting" and "negative 10 out of 10" but if I call them out on it I'm a "troll." Flawless logic.

I'm not overly literal...if anyone's overly literal it's the people who interpreted "rate my diet plan" as "say anything negative about my diet plan that you want, regardless of whether it's useful or kind."

Especially on a DIET FORUM food is a sensitive topic and people should know better than to call someone's diet "gross." Honestly some eating disorders have been triggered that way. Let me ask you a question if I was 300 pounds and posted a "sample diet plan" would people be "messing with me" by calling it "deeply unappetizing"? I sure hope not because that might just discourage someone enough to make them give up on dieting.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    coruscatti wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Out of ten, I'd rate this intake plan at 0/10.

Lacks substantive value, interest, or factors related to longevity.

Is that an actual rating of my diet plan or some kind of play on words?
    I see no punny statements in my post.

I attempted to answer as kindly, matter of factly, and honestly as I could.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've finally figured it out... OP is hangry....
  • coruscatti
    coruscatti Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    Options

Ok then care to give specifics on why you feel my diet lacks nutritional value that I could use for further planning and optimizing my diet?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I've finally figured it out... OP is hangry....

Gotta be it.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Ok then care to give specifics on why you feel my diet lacks nutritional value that I could use for further planning and optimizing my diet?

I never wrote nutritional value.

I wrote substantive value. I see issues with adherence. Nutritional value? Well, what you need is between you and your RD.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    It took 5 pages for someone to notice hangry. . .ugh.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    I was writing out something for the OP about the diet and their diary but it seems pointless when someone isn't seeking advice but affirmation. OP I'd rate the diet a 6. My bias, but no sugar, coffee, or creamer in the AM and you're down 3 points before you walk out the door. Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

I'm sorry :cry: I've failed as an MFPal, I know...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I was writing out something for the OP about the diet and their diary but it seems pointless when someone isn't seeking advice but affirmation. OP I'd rate the diet a 6. My bias, but no sugar, coffee, or creamer in the AM and you're down 3 points before you walk out the door. Good luck.

What's the other point lost for??
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

I'm sorry :cry: I've failed as an MFPal, I know...

It is okay; a holiday is coming and some folks are trying to figure out if they can consume 10,000 calories or not.

• LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    But it also didn't say "rate my diet plan from a nutritional standpoint" either. From your own comments and what you say you wanted to hear, that's how it should have been worded. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't post a vague topic and then expect people to read your mind about what context the answers should be.

As I said, most people can tell the difference between connotation and denotation.
    Goodness! This is what I'm talking about... no one was mocking you, they were just messing around, you could be an adult and choose which posts to comment to or you could be a troll and engage, engage, engage. Why would you think after someone posted something facetious that all of a sudden they would response constructively to your attitude? You seriously ignored all of the positive things I said in my comment and attacked something that someone else said, I merely summarized. You are very literal and petty, stuff your face, be happy and carry on.

Oh ok so it's ok for them to "mess around with me" by calling my diet plan "disgusting" and "negative 10 out of 10" but if I call them out on it I'm a "troll." Flawless logic.

I'm not overly literal...if anyone's overly literal it's the people who interpreted "rate my diet plan" as "say anything negative about my diet plan that you want, regardless of whether it's useful or kind."

Especially on a DIET FORUM food is a sensitive topic and people should know better than to call someone's diet "gross." Honestly some eating disorders have been triggered that way. Let me ask you a question if I was 300 pounds and posted a "sample diet plan" would people be "messing with me" by calling it "deeply unappetizing"? I sure hope not because that might just discourage someone enough to make them give up on dieting.

Just get a sense of humor, you're on a message board not in therapy if someone says to you your food looks boring and that sends you into a downward spiral towards an ED then you have more issues to worry about then if you're gonna get a 10/10 on your diet plan, jeez.
  • coruscatti
    Options
    If you post on the forums expect 75% criticism or personal relativity. If that's not what you want then post to your friends list, if they don't say what you want to hear then unfriend them.

I find searching the forums for something similar to see responses before putting myself out there to be most productive because most of the time people ask questions, get responses and then get defensive. By just reading someone else I don't take it personally, but still gain from what is written.

Plus asking about specific food choices in terms of "rate my diet plan!" I think you already think that what you are eating is healthy/know it and just wanted other people to agree with you on how well you are choosing foods. However, the vast variety of people on this site and different macros and diet patterns that people on this site follow prove to generate mostly criticism on the forums because we are all quite different.

Hmmm wish I had known that before I posted...I have never been on a forum before that had this kind of culture. Although looking back on it I have seen a lot of non-constructive criticisms on other peoples' diet plans, so maybe I should have known better.

Well I know my diet is on the road to being healthy but I wanted to know if maybe I was eating too many legumes or too much dairy or not enough dairy, for example, or if I might be missing out on some micronutrient. The "too many carbs" thing might have some merit to it and I am going to experiment with adding more protein next week for that reason.

I don't care if someone follows a different plan from me as long as they're healthy.
  • coruscatti
    coruscatti Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey op, sorry for the not-so-helpful responses. Honestly it sounds fine to me , but I do think that maybe you are overthinking things a bit too much! eating almost exactly the same thing every day would drive me crazy but you know yourself better than anyone of us.

also I think other people on this thread are over exaggerating- seems you take days off from logging which to me shows you aren't overly obsessed or anything.

I would give it a few weeks and see how you're feeling, then tweak it from there! Also, what about hard boiled eggs for lunch? You don't have to refrigerate. Or maybe you could get a thermos that will keep your food warm so that you can bring soups and things. Just a suggestion!

Idk, I mean maybe I should add variety but I don't know where to start. There's already a lot of limitations due to my refrigerator situation at work. I feel like if I had to introduce variety I would just get overwhelmed and end up not doing anything. It might be something to think about though.

Hard boiled eggs are ok but then there's the odor factor....Thermos might be ok too, does it really work as advertised?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey.
  • LeenaJean
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wanted to know if maybe I was eating too many legumes or too much dairy or not enough dairy, for example, or if I might be missing out on some micronutrient.

Yes.

• coruscatti
    Options

Just get a sense of humor, you're on a message board not in therapy if someone says to you your food looks boring and that sends you into a downward spiral towards an ED then you have more issues to worry about then if you're gonna get a 10/10 on your diet plan, jeez.

"Boring" is one thing. "Gross," "disgusting," "extremely unappetizing," and "negative 10 out of 10" are quite another. Those are actual phrases people used to describe my diet...if you look in the previous pages.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

What's the other point lost for??

A general blandness and lack of creativity. I can eat lentils, but throw a smoked turkey leg, carrots, celery, garlic, and some other items in a slow cooker and I may have given it a 6.4. . .maybe. :)

• LeenaJean
    Options

"Boring" is one thing. "Gross," "disgusting," "extremely unappetizing," and "negative 10 out of 10" are quite another. Those are actual phrases people used to describe my diet...if you look in the previous pages.

I did look at the other pages, ONE person said negative 10 out of 10 on like the first page and you honestly cannot get over it. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with this, it's tough to be a troll :(
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yes... They are opinions... Those things people give when you ask them to 'rate your diet'...