What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine was buying a pair of size 14 jeans. I've never been that size as either a teenager or adult. My highest size was 24.

I recently bought a pair of 14's as well, after getting up to a 26. Isn't it a great feeling?
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    cqbtqv398ft0.jpg
    This vintage etsy buy came in the mail today, and IT FITS!!
    The dress is amazing, you fit into it perfectly!
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Went to McDonald's drunk and came out with nothing but a cup of water

How on earth did you manage that? I commend your will power it's much higher than mine.
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a weird dent at the top of each thigh. Does anyone else notice weird dents/body shapes when they loose body fat? I only noticed as I was walking to the gym it's when my leg that I have the weight on is just moving behind me there is a dent about and inch and a half below my hip. Later that night I realized that it was because of muscles and loss of fat. Also this morning I extended my leg in the air and poked my thigh "When did they get so firm?" All great confident boosts especially as I haven't stepped on the scales for almost 2 weeks.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I tried on a mens Walking Dead t-shirt yesterday that I absolutely loved, not expecting it to fit because it was a size small - the only size the shop had left - and in mens clothing I normally wear a medium (I started mfp wearing an XL.) I was amazed to find that it fit! A teeny bit clingy at the lower part of my abdomen where I carry most of my fat, but still a fit, I was over the moon! I had to buy it, even though it's not exactly t-shirt weather now, lol.

1454676_10152464887001497_5526273961031938390_n.jpg?oh=17526a32261632cda9811570e0068f54&oe=55069AA6&__gda__=1426706422_38d6fef85ef34738a4f3727f9d621cd6
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Awesome shirt!! ^^^^
    Today my NSV is my 50th day of logging with MFP! Woop!
  • HanreCornelius
    HanreCornelius Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I fit in my little black dress again whooooohoooooo y3pr8skxh7du.jpg
    wgydd0gy17e9.jpg
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just realized not only do I not have to shop in the big mans section anymore, I can't shop in it. The smallest size is now too big
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    I can go up a flight of stairs and not be totally out of breath this week.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    More success in the gym for me! Yesterday, I was able to clean and rack carry double 20 kg kettle bells! (That's a total of 88 pounds - 44 lbs per kettle bell.)
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    cqbtqv398ft0.jpg
    This vintage etsy buy came in the mail today, and IT FITS!!
    The dress is amazing, you fit into it perfectly!

Thanks cblue315! I was so pumped to put it on and have it actually fit. I had taken my measurements, and it should have fit, but when it came out of the package I said “no way!” haha Now I just have to find somewhere to wear it! haha
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've kept my lifting training for 2 1/2 weeks. Looking forward to each lifting day :-)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Had 700+ extra calories to eat to reach my net goal, so had a mars bar and ENJOYED it without feeling guilty! Sounds ridiculous, but that was the first guilt free chocolate I have had in over 4 years!!!
    me wrote:
    You do know you don't have to reach the net goal MFP sets, right?
    And that MFP overestimates calories burned? Safer not to eat them back, or only have 1/3 to 1/2 once in a while.
    MKEgal I think your comment to Rodderick89 was kind of rude she is proud of her accomplishment and treated herself she doesn't need you to tell her how things work if she has been eating back her exercise calories and is still losing weight then it is working for her. Nobody cares for a know it all!
    assault wrote:
    I'm glad someone else picked up on that. This is a 'victories' thread. Please don't bring down someone else's accomplishment regardless of it you think it is a success or not.
    How was I taking away from her treating herself & enjoying her candy?
    She probably only had about 1/2 of those 700 calories, and it sounds like this is a rare thing, which is what I recommended. (Actually, my doctor & dietician said not to eat back ANY exercise calories.)

And I've seen so many people here (usually newbies) who don't understand. Most appreciate knowing how MFP works, including the errors, so they can be successful. Sorry you don't see the value in knowing the truth. Maybe after you've been here a while you might.
    BTW, the ad hominems should stop. Attacks are not appropriate.

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My victory yesterday was that someone at the family gathering I attended, whom I hadn't seen probably since last DEC, came up & asked if I'd lost weight, was amazed when I told her how much, said I look great, look like a different person.
  • happymommy321
    happymommy321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just bought new jeans from the misses section, NOT the plus size section for the first time in 7 years. I am on cloud 9!
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I fit into S/XS scrub tops, depending on the manufacturer's vanity sizing.
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MKEgal. I think your post was right on with the advise of not eating back exercise calories. I also know you did it to be healpful and not rude or mean. I also believe not all calories are equal. If all you eat for one week is 1500 cals a day of birthday cake you will loose weight but not get healthy. Eating back exercise calories, especially in candy, is not a good idea. The problem I think is that this is not a forum for for advise, but rather a place to make people feel better sharing there victories.
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was able to buy size 12 jeans at Old navy. I remember the last time I bought that size was the weekend before I started high school.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k turkey trot yesterday.... ran the whole time!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I purchased a winter coat in a size Medium!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!