• kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Exercise:
    Mon - nada. I stayed home from the gym because hubby had off and he ended up welding in the driveway until 9:30 so I could have gone anyway...
    Tues - swim 1 mi / 45 mis / estimated 350 burn
    Wed - Spin / 45 mins / estimated 400 burn
    Thurs - nada officially, but burned about 350 cleaning for 2 hours
    Fri - swim 1 mi / 45 mins / estimated 350 burn
    Sat - chase after 3 kiddos - 800 calories!
    Sun - who knows what? 400 cals

(Side note, I THINK perhaps because I upped my weight listing by 20 lbs from 155 to 175 on my Body Media Fit a couple weeks ago it might be showing a higher burn count than it was calculating at a lower weight so that might explain the extra cals Sat and Sun.)

Some probably good news too:

My SIL let me know that she has to be down here for a conference on June 6. One week before I am due! So, I am sending my 3 yr old home with her (his cousin wants to take him to the water park!) for a few days then she will pass him off to my mom who will keep him for a few days and come down a couple days after the baby is born. So, providing it is not more than a week early we will not have to worry about what to do with him when I go into labor or have my husband miss the birth in the waiting room. Some people say he will be emotionally scarred being sent away and replaced with a new baby, but I think he's adaptive enough that it won't affect him. Heck, last time he went away for 2 months and we moved while he was gone and that didn't phase him! :laugh: :laugh:

Also, I just signed him up for a summer Mother's Day Out program for 2 days a week. I was worried that starting in 2 weeks his program was over and I would have him here all day every day all summer, while working, and in 2 months, working with a baby here! That will help a lot! It runs all summer long and I might have another program I can put him in just on 4 or 5 of the summer Fridays. :happy:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :)

hope you join us soon! baby dust.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice comments about our nursery. I'm not much of a typical baby stuff/pastel pink kind of person. I struggled choosing a paint color even as light as that one. The glittery decorations happened by happy (IMO) accident. I couldn't find any wall decorations that I liked, really. And the wall decals I kind of liked were incredibly expensive. I made all of those decorations out of a $5 pack of glittery sticky foam sheets from Walmart. :laugh: I'm so cheap. But then again, I like them way more than any of the expensive decals so it's definitely for the best. I'm thinking about painting some glow in the dark stars on the lower ceiling, too. Not sure if that will happen or not.

Danielle -- I got the chair at Burlington Coat Factory. It was the only one the store near me had left (and they weren't getting any more in stock). I loved it from the second I sat in it. I was still talking about it a month later so hubby made me go back and ask them about it (it didn't have a price tag on it the first time we saw it since they didn't have any more in stock -- they ended up selling me the floor model for 50% off the regular price!). Otherwise I would have never been able to afford it.

Joonz -- sorry shipping sucks. With Old Navy, they ship for free as long as your order is over $50. I'm sure that's just US shipping, but I wonder if shipping to Canada would be cheaper if you ordered $50+? Maybe not. Also, does Babies R Us not ship internationally (I'm sure if that's an option you would've already considered it -- just grasping at all straws)? Prices of products on Canadian sites are probably just based on outdated exhange rates or something. :frown:

History -- As you well know, every pregnancy is different so my fingers are crossed MS doesn't stick around for you this time (or ever show up in the first place!).

sthorp -- Enjoy your day! I have a 4 day weekend coming this weekend. :smile:

Jenna -- have you tried loading up on B6 to see if that helps your nausea? I didn't find out about that remedy until my nausea was pretty much over, so I figured I'd pass it along to you now in case no one had told you about it.

AFM -- Monday. :frown: I was already dreading it because I knew I had to conduct new employee orientation today. Not only was I dreading orientation (which has actually turned out to be just fine, of course, as it always does -- not sure why I have so much anxiety about it after doing it for 4 stinking years!), before I even got settled at my desk this morning I was informed that one of my favorite employees passed away yesterday. :cry: I get so attached to my employees on medical leave. A huge part of my job (IMO) is to find every way possible to protect their jobs and find a way for them to get paid while they're out so they can focus on getting better instead of focusing on unpaid bills or possibly losing their jobs. She always went out of her way to express her appreciation for everything I did for her -- more than any other employee I've ever worked with. She was truly a wonderful lady.

Everyone I've missed -- sorry I'm out of time. Orientation starts back up in a couple minutes & I haven't been to pee in about an hour so I need to do that again. :laugh:
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Here to join your group! I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant at this time. I miscarried in Sept. Had a horrible roller coaster ride from Aug 7th - Sept 17th. Thankful to move on...we weren't going to start trying until May but SURPRISE! We're going to have a December baby instead of feb/march/april like WE planned. God really is in control. There's a Bible verse that says we may have our life planned but God is in control of each step. Totally applies to this situation!
    Anyways, I'm definitely up for an exercise challenge! Except for today! I actually had alarm set for gym this morning but my 4 yr old was having major drainage and growing pains (I guess, he kept crying in his sleep saying his legs hurt) So I was up from 2-3:30. Figured I needed to sleep till 6. Then on top of that I went to sleep in the nurses' office at my school (I'm a teacher) for 30 minutes during my conference time!
    Well glad to have others with the same goal as staying healthy on this journey!
    I gained 40 lbs with my first and 35 with my second. Would love to keep this one under 30!
    I gain weight SOOOO easily! I don't understand why but I just need to remember that just because I got a + does not give me a reason to eat everything in sight!
    Blessings....
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    So my husband gave me a pass to go get an hour prenatal massage! I am going tomorrow after work. I am so excited! I have heard great things about them, and I am just starting to feel less comfortable with my body, more achy and such! It will supposably help me sleep better too. Anyway, I am super excited.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the massage rach... I am curious how they are!

congrats auttyfrmca and welcome!
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    preg emotions are getting to me its killing me im crying over everything.. i just want this all to be done.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Julie- Thanks for letting me know. I planned on probably going with Burlington for our registry (we have a really big one here) maybe I'll find a nice one similar there! I love that rocker though so glad you got it and at half off!

Rachael- I am so so so jealous! I havvvvve to find somewhere around me that does that. You enjoy that massage girlie- you so deserve it! Let us all know how it went too after :wink:

Peanut- You are almost done Mama, hang in there :flowerforyou:

Autty- Welcome and congrats :flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Hystar – I’m glad your ultrasound went well

Lynn – Yea for a good weekend! I watched my hubby mow the grass this weekend too. :laugh: Enjoy your Mondays off!

Pmaria – 3 inches of snow in May? I think I would die. I’m one of those people who is only happy at 70 degrees.

Brittony – your motivation is somewhere with mine. I know I’ve gained too much this month but I still can’t stop eating crap. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

Megan – hope you’re having a great day with Annabelle!

Mel – I need to get something to tell me how many calories I’m burning, thanks for the info.

Julie – I’m so sorry about your co-worker.

Auttyfrmca – welcome!

Racheal – enjoy your massage! I was looking into that, you’ll have to tell us how it goes.

Peanutrenee – I had several mental breakdowns this weekend. I can’t imagine how it’s going to be 20 weeks from now. But you’re so close!!!

Danielle – is your gender scan this week or next? I know you said it was moved up but I’m not sure how far.

Can someone tell me what a jeep stroller is? It is the same thing as a jogging stroller?

So here’s my new "I’m a crazy pregnant woman" story. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and when I go back to bed I see that hubby is sleeping with the blanket covering half his face. In my half asleep pregnant brain, I’m convinced that he’s going to die because his face is partially covered.:noway: (Because 28 year old men die of SIDS all time). So I pull the blanket away from his face and see that his chest is moving up and down, so I try to go back to sleep. After a few minutes I realize I’m not totally convinced that he’s still alive. I get all up in his face to make sure he’s breathing and of course he wakes up – pissed off. And of course I get upset that he’s mad at me, because really I was trying to save his life. This morning he asked me what was going on last night, I told him “nothing, just love me.”:laugh:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, just coming by to say hello, it has been 1 month already since Brooklynn arrived and I miss all of you! Cant wait for you all to have your little ones and join us on the postnatal group. Not much happening there but I am sure once all of you come over we will get it going the way we got the pregnancy group going :happy:
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Danielle – is your gender scan this week or next? I know you said it was moved up but I’m not sure how far.

So here’s my new "I’m a crazy pregnant woman" story. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and when I go back to bed I see that hubby is sleeping with the blanket covering half his face. In my half asleep pregnant brain, I’m convinced that he’s going to die because his face is partially covered.:noway: (Because 28 year old men die of SIDS all time). So I pull the blanket away from his face and see that his chest is moving up and down, so I try to go back to sleep. After a few minutes I realize I’m not totally convinced that he’s still alive. I get all up in his face to make sure he’s breathing and of course he wakes up – pissed off. And of course I get upset that he’s mad at me, because really I was trying to save his life. This morning he asked me what was going on last night, I told him “nothing, just love me.”:laugh:

It's FRIDAY!!! @ 7:30 am :happy: No excitement here what-so-ever!! :wink:

Love your "I'm a crazy pregnant woman" story! :laugh: I wonder if you'll have anymore of those haha
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Hey ladies, just coming by to say hello, it has been 1 month already since Brooklynn arrived and I miss all of you! Cant wait for you all to have your little ones and join us on the postnatal group. Not much happening there but I am sure once all of you come over we will get it going the way we got the pregnancy group going :happy:

:noway: I can't believe that she is one month already, Sheri :sad: !! Can't wait to get over to the postnatal and get it rolling just like this one. I WILL get to my ultimate goal weight BEFORE baby #2 :wink: You are doing fabulous BTW- keep up the good work!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Whew, orientation is finally done. Such a long day -- my hat is off to you teachers! I just don't think I could do it daily.

Rachael -- ooooh, enjoy your massage! There was a Groupon for one a month or so ago in my area and I'm really kicking myself now for not buying it. I've never had a professional massage before. I'd probably be too anxious to enjoy it (Yes, I'm that crazy :tongue:).

hykstar -- Yay for getting to see baby again! Is it crazy to you that she weighs over 3 pounds already? It's crazy to me to think the little thing wriggling around in me weighs about that much already.

Lynn -- I'm so glad you had a nice baby shower! And, wow, up past 11! I amazed myself this weekend staying up past 11 every single night (including last night... :yawn: I can hardly keep my eyes open right now). Also, you're supposed to wash lawn mowers? :laugh: Oops. :tongue:

pmaria -- Snow in May, wow! We're surprised if we get snow in January around here. :laugh:

Brittony -- I have the same goal of not exceeding 40 pounds. After my little loss, I'm sitting at 29 gained right now. We need to figure out a way to keep each other motivated since our weight gain and due dates are so close but I'm at a loss for ideas right now. Especially since I'm not doing a great job of taking my own exercise challenge seriously. :ohwell: PS -- my doc told me last week I won't get any more ultrasounds unless there's a reason to suspect something is wrong or I pay for one. I was bummed at first but now I've decided I'll be just fine waiting 10 more weeks to see her again. 10 weeks is nothing.

Megan -- I want to hear all about your day alone with Annabelle (um, when you have a minute to come up for air, that is)!

Ron -- yay for baby moving up a box!!

I'm out of time again. I'll catch all the way up tomorrow.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    yea its bad i try to talk to my husband and hes like ur just emotional... UHHHH yeah so u have to deal with it.. i have 20 days of this and this is the worst its been... u rly want to push my buttens.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Brittony - You are doing really well with your weight gain, try not to get discouraged. You are very active, and I think you will have an easier time getting back to your pre pregnancy weight than someone who put on the same amount of weight as you, but wasn't as active. I'll be there, working right beside you and everyone else and we will all get there together! Hope your appointment went well!

Megan - Hope you and Annabelle enjoyed your day together!

Ron - Yay for moving up a box on the ticker! I can't believe I'm on the second to the last one, I remember being where you are and feeling like it would take forever to get to the end....but it doesn't :noway: :laugh: A jeep stroller is just a stroller and Jeep is the brand, like Graco. I didn't care for any of the travel systems we looked at (price or convenience) or other strollers, so I went with this one. It is the easiest stroller ever to handle. You can fold and unfold it with one hand, and it is all-terrain. I registered for it at Wal Mart and it was $50. Have you bought or registered for a stroller yet? I would suggest going to BRU or wherever and testing them out before you decide. For me, ease of use was a big factor and this one is awesome!

Mel - Sounds like everything will work out pretty easily to get your son to your mom. Now your hubby can sleep in the delivery room instead of the waiting room :laugh:

Julie - I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker. I don't think normal people wash their lawnmowers :laugh: my husband is "that guy" :wink:

Autty - Welcome and congratulations!

Rachael - Enjoy your massage! I had one a month or so ago and it was great!

Renee - Hang in there girl, you're almost there!!

Sheri - Wow :noway: I can't believe Brooklyn is a month already!! Can't wait to join you over on the post natal board, we'll get that board movin along!

Danielle - So excited for your ultrasound on Friday, can't wait to find out if your little Page is a boy or a girl!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options
    Not much here ladies. We were busy this weekend w/ my middles ballet dance recital. Also a birthday party Sunday of a friend. It was supposed to be in the mountains at a park close to our house, but we had a bunch of snow so it was moved to their house. Snow is mostly gone now and just muddy.

I did not get a lot of exercise done this past week. I was sick, but I did d 15 minutes of yoga today and plan on getting more exercise this week. It is getting harder for me to walk, baby has settled nice and low.
  • AnneElise
    Options

Some probably good news too:

My SIL let me know that she has to be down here for a conference on June 6. One week before I am due! So, I am sending my 3 yr old home with her (his cousin wants to take him to the water park!) for a few days then she will pass him off to my mom who will keep him for a few days and come down a couple days after the baby is born. So, providing it is not more than a week early we will not have to worry about what to do with him when I go into labor or have my husband miss the birth in the waiting room. Some people say he will be emotionally scarred being sent away and replaced with a new baby, but I think he's adaptive enough that it won't affect him. Heck, last time he went away for 2 months and we moved while he was gone and that didn't phase him! :laugh: :laugh:

Also, I just signed him up for a summer Mother's Day Out program for 2 days a week. I was worried that starting in 2 weeks his
    program was over and I would have him here all day every day all summer, while working, and in 2 months, working with a baby here! That will help a lot! It runs all summer long and I might have another program I can put him in just on 4 or 5 of the summer Fridays. :happy:

Mel. That's great! Sounds like it may work out perfect t for your little guy. I know you were worried.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Autty welcome and congrats!

Racheal that sounds great. Enjoy.

Ron that is such a funny story. Cracks me up.

Annabelle I am sorry that you were sick. I hope that you are feeling better.

Peanut I have had some really emotional days too...

I am on the iPad again so sorry for not responding to everyone. The tree in our backyard is finally off the wires! hubby's and I just played scrabble and I room a cold shower. Really have high hopes for power tommorow. I felt really pregnant today. Do you ladies have days where you feel more or less pregnant than others? I was feeling the belly today... Felt more pressure low in my belly.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Doctor's appointment went well. The doctor we met today is my favorite by far! I like him better than my normal doctor. He is on call the day Emma is due and it will be his birthday. He said we'll have a lot of fun if she decides to come out on her due date. I may just change over to him as my normal OB/GYN after all is said and done. I think I'd like him as my normal doc for baby #2 when the time comes. My stomach is measuring exactly where it should be. Normal blood pressure this time. My glucose test came back normal, though he did say my iron is at the lowest acceptable number for "normal." I don't need an iron supplement, but a few more red meat meals a month might help (we pretty much only eat poultry, poor husband). What else. He said my lower back pain (the left side-feels like a bone is out of place) and my lady part pain (again left side branching down my left inner thigh) is all normal and due to the expansion of my pelvis. Tylenol and endurance are his recommendations, though I haven't been in enough pain to actually start taking Tylenol yet. I also mentioned my intense hip pain while sleeping and he said that his wife also had that. He made sure to tell me that we don't need to sleep at a 90 degree angle to the bed on our sides. We can put something under one hip just so that our uterus is slightly offset- a 30 degree angle will do just fine. I'm going to try wedging something small under there tonight and see what happens. I knew I didn't have to be directly on one side, but I think the stuff I tried wedging under one hip has been too puffy and tilted me way too much for comfort.

Annnnyway. That's all the new stuff from today. Starting to go to the doctor every two weeks now. It's going to go by so fast!

Thanks for the pep talk Lynn. I'm glad I'll have you ladies to help kick my butt back into shape when the time comes. The doctor said my weight gain to date is acceptable and that he had nothing bad to say about it- so that makes me feel better.