No Grain...No Pain!!!

Options

Replies

• heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Is everyone getting excited about weigh in tuesday!?!?!?!/

Wish I could say that I was... I peaked on Friday and I'm still up 4 pounds from my original weigh in weight. Not sure WHAT is going on other than I didn't renew my Rx for IR and the 3/4 days without it my weight went haywire?

But that's OK - takes time off the meds to see if you can be without them esp doing a PB lifestyle. Hugs to you lady!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am back from Napa and ready to stick to my goals. I am going to the store after body pump tonight, so any advice is appreciated. Anyone have any tasty meal ideas? I plan to make a crustless quiche to eat on for breakfast all week.
    It's almost 10:30 here and I haven't eaten anything yet, I am just not hungry.
    I was pretty good yesterday but traveling so I had eggs for breakfast, shrimp tacos for lunch, they were on corn tortillas, which I know isn't really ok, but anyway, I had salad and steak for dinner.
    Tonight I might just pick up a rotisserie chicken.
    I cannot decide if I should try to go dairy free or not, who has thoughts about why/why not? I would like to do kefir for breakfast and milk in coffee but I can drink green tea and not worry about it. I don't eat a lot of dairy, but I would miss it...
  • amysj303
    Options
    No havn't tried the Miracle noodles but I would beware of anything "product" claiming to be a miracle or zero carb/cal ... I would read the ingredients list for GMO cos I *think* there probably alot in there! Real clean eating is always best!
    Wouldn't spaghetti squash be ok as a substitute? I would like to try it. I will miss pasta too.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day. I created a free lil website to keep our stats and such on, here's the link.

http://nograinnopain.weebly.com/index.html

I honestly don't have much knowledge on what I'm doing when it comes to the website, i kinda just winged it! So if anyone on here knows more about it and has the time to play with it, we could add recipe's, pics, and just about anything else on there we wanted. but if someone is handy at that stuff just let me know and i'll give you the password and such so you can jazz it up a little. i don't really have the know how or the time! but hopefully it will get the job done! please private message me if you need to make any changes. or if you would like to add your starting weight from your entire weight loss journey, and i'll add that in there.

Can't wait to see how everyone's first week went tomorrow!! and since i see we have a lack of people really talking, i'm interested to see how many people won't be weighing in. I hope everyone comes back :(
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day. I created a free lil website to keep our stats and such on, here's the link.

http://nograinnopain.weebly.com/index.html

I honestly don't have much knowledge on what I'm doing when it comes to the website, i kinda just winged it! So if anyone on here knows more about it and has the time to play with it, we could add recipe's, pics, and just about anything else on there we wanted. but if someone is handy at that stuff just let me know and i'll give you the password and such so you can jazz it up a little. i don't really have the know how or the time! but hopefully it will get the job done! please private message me if you need to make any changes. or if you would like to add your starting weight from your entire weight loss journey, and i'll add that in there.

Can't wait to see how everyone's first week went tomorrow!! and since i see we have a lack of people really talking, i'm interested to see how many people won't be weighing in. I hope everyone comes back :(

Thanks for doing all of this, Kim! I am grateful to have all on this thread for support. I won't be weighing tomorrow- but when I do I will share the results :)
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So I've been logging on mfp and it's been saying I am way over my cholesterol. I know this is because I eat a lot of eggs but Adkins says that o shouldnt worry. I can't really help that. So should I be worried or just leave it be
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    So I've been logging on mfp and it's been saying I am way over my cholesterol. I know this is because I eat a lot of eggs but Adkins says that o shouldnt worry. I can't really help that. So should I be worried or just leave it be

Watch the doc "Fathead", and google the Weston Price foundation, and google Dr. Eades. What we have been taught about cholesterol is horribly misguided and inaccurate. Don't be scared of the cholesterol you eat at all. :)
  • Meganne1982
    Options

Watch the doc "Fathead", and google the Weston Price foundation, and google Dr. Eades. What we have been taught about cholesterol is horribly misguided and inaccurate. Don't be scared of the cholesterol you eat at all. :)
  • MissKim
    Options

wouldn't worry about it at all. enless you have high cholestorol or your on meds for it or something. but if not, no biggie.
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I weighed in because I could SEE that my belly fat increased. I am up 4.4 pounds in a week of perfect low carbing :/. My waist measurement is up 2", my hips .5" and the rest 1/4". Only my neck remained unchanged. Not sure what went wrong, but I'm thinking maybe low carb doesn't work for me personally :( Or at the very least, maybe I should be cutting back to around 100g, but not nearly like I have been.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Agreed! Eggs are great for you. I just had one for lunch! I think they contain the good for you cholesterol. There is LDL (bad) and HDL (good). Often microwaveable meals are often really high in cholesterol and those aren't a good option because they're processed. Individuals watching their cholesterol are often suggested to stay away from those. However, there is speculation on how important it is to even monitor cholesterol and the medications to control it as you'll hear in the Fat Head documentary... I need to watch that again. Correct me if I'm wrong people :)
  • ka_42
    Options
    Hmmm. I weighed in because I could SEE that my belly fat increased. I am up 4.4 pounds in a week of perfect low carbing :/. My waist measurement is up 2", my hips .5" and the rest 1/4". Only my neck remained unchanged. Not sure what went wrong, but I'm thinking maybe low carb doesn't work for me personally :( Or at the very least, maybe I should be cutting back to around 100g, but not nearly like I have been.

Crazy! Maybe if I muster up the will power I'm looking for and cut carbs like I'd like I'd get the same results! That would be a big disappointment. :(

editing to say... Maybe your body is telling you you're super hot just the way you are Jessica!!! Your progress is an inspiration!
  • MissKim
    Options

what has your calories looked like??? i'm a firm believer in calories do matter too. they just aren't everything.
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, so usually I get together with friends and watch Weeds and we take turns hosting and there is dinner, drinks, popcorn and candy. I'll be hosting this week and I am not sure what to make. I am not drinking for two weeks but have stuff for my guests, I am just wondering about a recipe or takeout that might fit the bill. Suggestions?
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options

what has your calories looked like??? i'm a firm believer in calories do matter too. they just aren't everything.

I am with you on that one Kim. I was over my MFP goals by 200-300 per day, but I am incredibly active. I've been wearing a bodybugg, and most days I was at a caloric deficit of about 500-600 cals. Even with substantial wiggle room for error, that still shouldn't have had me gaining! And I measure EVERYTHING with a food scale to the gram.
  • IndyCarfan
    IndyCarfan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I watched the movie Fathead several weeks ago and it completely changed the way I think about food and diet. I started cutting calories and eating low fat last November and managed to lose almost 15 pounds, but I was miserable and just starving all the time. Now I'm trying to eat about 65% fat, 25% protein, and 10% carbs and it's tough getting that much fat every day! But, I've already lost 6 pounds and I feel so much better.

Name: Meghan
    Kids: 2 girls, 10 and almost 5
    Pets: none, I'm allergic to everything
    Married/SO: happily married
    Eating Lifestyle: high fat/low carb
    Starting weight: 153 when I joined MFP, now 147
    Goal Weight: 135
    Goals for this 8 wks: I would like to lose 5 pounds.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I am with you on that one Kim. I was over my MFP goals by 200-300 per day, but I am incredibly active. I've been wearing a bodybugg, and most days I was at a caloric deficit of about 500-600 cals. Even with substantial wiggle room for error, that still shouldn't have had me gaining! And I measure EVERYTHING with a food scale to the gram.

Are you close to your goal weight now? I read on here somewhere that the closer you are to your goal weight (within 10-15 pounds, I think) the smaller the deficit should be. Once I hit 142, and only have around 15 left to lose, I stalled and have lost and gained the same 4 pounds. Once I changed to a 300 cal deficit, I started losing again. It is a lot slower with ups and downs, the closer I get. But I am sticking it out. It is incredibly hard to eat 1350-1500 cals a day, when it seems like I already eat a lot, but I try. Some days, like today, I don't get anywhere close. It is just trial and error, I guess. Last Tuesday, I weighed 140, by Friday I was 136 with 2 inches each off my upper and lower waist. I peaked today, back to 140 with no loss of inches. And probably won't see any difference tomorrow. But usually I bounce around for a week and a half, then finally drop, then bounce the next couple weeks with a couple more pounds. Frustrating, but we will get there!
  • ka_42
    Options
    ok, so usually I get together with friends and watch Weeds and we take turns hosting and there is dinner, drinks, popcorn and candy. I'll be hosting this week and I am not sure what to make. I am not drinking for two weeks but have stuff for my guests, I am just wondering about a recipe or takeout that might fit the bill. Suggestions?

That sounds fun! Guacamole and veggies to dip would be a tasty low carb party snack! Thats all I can think of though... :ohwell:
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You can change your goals so that you don't have to see red.