Ripped in 30 Challenge - May 2011

Options
We're almost done with our April 2011 30 Day Shred Challenge!!! Everyone has been doing such an awesome job... why go for JM's Ripped in 30 in May? I've been talking with Reyna99, and we're hoping to get a similar supportive, motivated group going for May.

We're going to start May 2nd so we can get a day of blissful rest before going for another 30 days. Since May has 31 days anyway, we'll still have a full 30 days left :)

So get your DVDs, and get ready to go from shredded to ripped! So cheesy, I know, but I couldn't help myself.

Replies

• TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    How do you join? Do you have to do the 30 Day Shred vidoe or can you complete your own workout :)
    I have the video, but I must say, I have not finished one level all the way. Plus I rotate between running and my husband's P90x videos to keep from getting bored.
    T
  • Jhensley2011
    Jhensley2011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am going to committ to doing this as well. I've had the dvd for some months now and have used it occasionally. I do love the workout they provide, just need to get into a routine and set my mind to it. Make it a habit. Did you see an improvement in weightloss/strength when doing it for 30 consecutive days in April? I find doing anything consistently for that long to be extremely difficult but I will try. I guess what I need to know is this...since there are 3 levels, do I do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days, and Level 3 for 10 days? Or are the levels of difficulty broken up differently? THanks for your help in advance!

j
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi-
    How do you join? Do you have to do the 30 Day Shred vidoe or can you complete your own workout :)
    I have the video, but I must say, I have not finished one level all the way. Plus I rotate between running and my husband's P90x videos to keep from getting bored.
    T

With the Shred, we each aimed to do the full 30 days and posted our progress as we went along through April. We're going to try and do the same thing here with JM's Ripped in 30 - just try and do it daily throughout May (of course not everyone can get it in everyday, but it's helpful to have the motivation and support of other people posting).
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for Ripped!! So ready for something new!:happy:
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Me-me I'm in!!

So we take measurements, weigh in Monday morning and post. Check in daily. and Weigh ins on Mondays.

Shredded to Ripped...LOVE IT!
  • xaintes
    Options
    I am going to committ to doing this as well. I've had the dvd for some months now and have used it occasionally. I do love the workout they provide, just need to get into a routine and set my mind to it. Make it a habit. Did you see an improvement in weightloss/strength when doing it for 30 consecutive days in April? I find doing anything consistently for that long to be extremely difficult but I will try. I guess what I need to know is this...since there are 3 levels, do I do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days, and Level 3 for 10 days? Or are the levels of difficulty broken up differently? THanks for your help in advance!

j

I noticed a huge difference even after 7 days of doing it consistently... I lost about 8 or 9 lb on here in March, but wasn't really exercising. I started April only doing the Shred everyday, and I could feel myself getting stronger. I started added other exercises to my routine because I finally had the energy and strength to do so - it was awesome! Doing it everyday has really made a difference, and it gets easier.

For the Shred, I did each level for 10 days. Not sure how I will do Ripped though! There are four levels, so I'm thinking of doing each a minimum of 7 days, and depending on how I feel, doing two of the levels for 8 days.
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Im in! I am so ready for a new work out. I started 30ds before our last challenge so I ended a week earlier.
    Im debating if I should up my weights to 5lbs.

See you all on Monday!!!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I wont have finished 30DS....I'll either finish that at 25ish days, start ripped late, or do both for a few days - eeeek!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I plan on starting the weekend of May 7-8th. Currently working on completing 30 Day Shred. I am going to use Ripped in 30 five days a week, with 1 week per level. That’s the plan for now…will adjust based on how I feel. It'll be nice to know how others are doing & to share tips.
  • reyna99
    Options
    Morning ladies!
    Day 1 Level 1 done :) I felt great this morning and like the new challenge!!
    not to happy with the scale this morning
    starting weight 156.2 ( think its lot of water weight from the weekend)
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete. I enjoyed this workout , was ready for the change. After just finishing Level 3 of the 30DS, my endurance is so much better, that I was able to do the entire workout without a break. Although I, in no way, did everything perfect. So I have plenty of room to grow.

Is everyone planning on doing this 30 days straight? Jillian recommends 5 - 6 days per week and taking a day off. I dont know what to do!!

Starting weight this morning: 166.0. And I am going with my ending measurements from Saturday. Everyone have a great day!:happy:
  • xaintes
    Options
    I'm going to do my workout tonight - got in late last night after flying back from Boston!

Also, I think I might wait until Wednesday to do measurements & weight because I'm sure I'm retaining enough water to fill a kiddie pool (exaggeration.. but still!)
  • reyna99
    Options
    Day 1 complete. I enjoyed this workout , was ready for the change. After just finishing Level 3 of the 30DS, my endurance is so much better, that I was able to do the entire workout without a break. Although I, in no way, did everything perfect. So I have plenty of room to grow.

Is everyone planning on doing this 30 days straight? Jillian recommends 5 - 6 days per week and taking a day off. I dont know what to do!!

Starting weight this morning: 166.0. And I am going with my ending measurements from Saturday. Everyone have a great day!:happy:
    I felt like it was "easier" after doing Shred.
    I might take sundays off, but wog (walk/jog) on that day or something
  • pinklion721
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 done! Wow that was easy. I knew 30ds was making me stronger but I flew through that work out.
    I hope everyone has a great Monday! See you all tomorrow.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Okay - count me in, too! I did Week 1 Day 1 this afternoon and a short kickboxing workout off of the OnDemand channel, too.
    I was at 122 when I weighed in this morning. I'm counting on you ladies to keep me motivated :wink:
  • pinklion721
    Options
    Okay - count me in, too! I did Week 1 Day 1 this afternoon and a short kickboxing workout off of the OnDemand channel, too.
    I was at 122 when I weighed in this morning. I'm counting on you ladies to keep me motivated :wink:

Welcome! You can add me if you want! Most of us have been together since april 1 doing the 30ds. If it wasn't for this group I wouldn't have pushed my self as hard. I hope you find the same motivation here!!

Good luck
  • reyna99
    Options

Welcome!!
    Looks like you have met your goal AWESOME!! we are here to motivate and encourage each other :)
  • xaintes
    Options
    Just did Day 1 of Week 1! Late I know :p
  • skates1980
    skates1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im so excited to get started. i gave up the scale a week ago and am focusing on measuring and seeing changes in my clothes rather than a number. i am 31 yrs old with four kids. i currently weigh 151 at 5'6". i may weigh on june first or i may just say goodbye to the scale forever. i am buying ripped in 30 tomorrow and am anxious to start. i have done 30s and bl bootcamp so i know all about the butt kickin jillian and bob do. i am soooo ready to do this!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I did day 1 of week 1 level 1 today. I just finished up p90x and wanted to change things up a bit before my next round of p90x. I need a place I can report back to and to be held accountable :)

SW for RN30-148