What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Today was a big one for my own encouragement. About a month ago I ran/walked a 5k after finishing the C25K program. Today, I ran/ran (well, jogged/jogged) the whole 5k! My overall pace was slower than on race day, but that was by design. I was going for distance rather than speed and finally made it the whole distance. Yay!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Had another great workout with the trainer today! We worked on pistols, and I had some progress after feeling like I was stuck for quite some time. I still use a step and risers at the bottom of the movement to assist me since I don't quite have the strength needed to do them unassisted yet.

Typically, I have to use 5 risers with the step. Today, I was able to do one on each leg using 4 risers! I tried for a second one on each leg, and didn't have it in me, but I will take one on each side, especially since it is progress! It's amazing how much difference adding a counterweight to the move can make!
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I ran 9 miles (88 minutes). I weighed over 315 lbs in May... I am very proud and I signed up for a half marathon in January!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Getting back into the gym this morning and not buying a huge cinnamon bun.... which I might have today since it will be within my calorie budget.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Increased, enthusiastic attention from my husband. lol. That is far more important to me than anyone else's opinion! XD
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Having to bunch up my yoga pants at the waist and tie off the excess fabric with a hair elastic to keep me from running or jumping out of them! It's time for me to invest in some new workout clothes soon!

I have had to do this too!!! While it was irritating trying to keep them up, I couldn't help but smile!!
  • Pandapotato
    Pandapotato Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    three gym visits in four days! I had to buy a gym bag and a combo lock and i'm feelin' like a REAL gym person. Also am wearing my fitbit today for the first time!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the last notch on my belt. The belt that didn't fit me seven months ago.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    C25K W5D1 done, and it was not a killer..

Biggest challenge was head in to the wind.
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i havent had a Dr Pepper (or any pop for that matter) since Dec. 1st. this is HUGE for me.

Totally understand this! It was one of the hardest things ever when I quit drinking soda a few years ago.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I refused a cupcake today at work. I love cupcakes but found that i can just say no
  • mkoffinas
    mkoffinas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This may sound silly, but my NSV was actually being able to shave my legs in the tub without having to sit on the side of the tub to even have a chance at seeing what I was doing..
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Six month ago I could do 2 push ups. Yesteday, I did 3 sets of 15!!!!!!
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am going so regularly to the gym. In the morning. I feel so proud and accomplished afterwards.
    And I didn't binge for about a month or so! That's insane for me. I even could enjoy chocolate and sweets in general in a normal amound without feeling guilty and then leading to a binge. :#
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started back working out this week after 6 weeks recovering from a broken leg.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I overheard my old boss that hired me August of 2013 whisper to my new boss that I look great! She hasn't seen me in quite some time. I
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Doing StrongLifts 5x5 and am now squatting my body weight and ready to go higher.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I sent a pic to my sister with some new running clothes I was showing off.

She replied saying that I'm looking much fitter these days, and not just because of the clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!