Holidays & Cookies

Options
There are delicious cookies upstairs where I work. I really want to eat some. I told myself, If you use the stairs you can have a cookie.

Guess what....I don't want the cookie that bad. Not that I don't want the exercise, I just hate the stairs at work. Creepy stairways...yikes.

So, I ate a pineapple lifesaver.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    There is cheesecake in my break room... I have been avoiding the break room like the plague.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    One of our vendors sends us freshly baked, warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies every year for the holidays. Another sends boxes and boxes of See's Candy. I took one cookie and put some of the chocolates in a little baggie (and logged it all). When those are gone I'm done!
  • mightygirlruns
    Options
    I love holiday cookie season! I'm planning to spend all day baking on my day off next week. I'll probably freeze what I don't give away.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I love holiday cookie season! I'm planning to spend all day baking on my day off next week. I'll probably freeze what I don't give away.

Same here! My favorite part about Christmas is getting to bake :)

Now to find people to give it all to... I get more than my share of it by munching on the cookie dough hah.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i love this time of year. all the fun baked goods making appearances in the office! i had 3 mini cupcakes for breakfast. they went so well with coffee.

joker-yum.gif?w=560
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I spent this last weekend making sugar cookies from total scratch. Not very sweet at all, perfect alongside tea with milk. Im going to spend weekend after next making lots of them! This way I can easily control what Im eating when Im eating cookies this winter!

I want to make a batch with nuts and toasted sunflower seeds next time. Im not good at self-deprivation, But im Excellent at compromise and bargaining!

10846369_10155089876420107_8362488091059725432_n.jpg?oh=6afaccab98a01d655f7c3e0b97856561&oe=5503F480&__gda__=1430481109_2ccc0d870d2f3b75c2b49ac0c88342ef
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some Lebkuchen and gingerbread boys and girls with DD this weekend, as well as some banana sourdough bread and "Christmas pudding" muffins (new recipe I haven't tried before). Hadn't thought of freezing the excess cookies (although I freeze everything else..)

Ah! The smells of the holidays!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I just made curried shortbread cookies yesterday. Not too bad since they only have 1/4 cup of sugar for 24 cookies and the spice satisfies so you don't mindlessly chow down.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ermagerds. Cookies.

I need to cook some cookies today, I think I'll make my austrian crescents.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    COOOOKKKIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

want cooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just got my annual cookie tray from my mom last night. I put anything my husband won't eat at all right into the freezer. Anything I can't eat due to allergies or disinterest, I left out for my husband and I left one or two things out that we'll both eat that we can pick at over the next week.

At work, we're constantly getting goodies from other law firms. We normally get two huge italian cookie trays. We freeze one and bring it out in February when we're all here with our families for hockey night. We also get cookies and truffles and chocolate in general. It's so tasty and I'm dreading it this year. Last year I wasn't watching what I ate as closely.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Next wk ,will bake pinwheel & oatmeal raisin cookies & make dhs fav candy,peanut brittle.He loves that,so will freeze some/share some.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I was going to make maple bacon bourbon cookies last night for a work bake sale, but my husband talked me out of sharing them with that many people, said he would rather me just make them this weekend for us!

Somehow I think this thread has taken a turn the OP was not expecting...
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Cookie baking took on a completely different feel after my daughter's celiac diagnosis a few years ago.
    1) If I bake non gluten free cookies, I must be extremely careful when I bake--flour cannot go everywhere, I have to be very diligent about cleaning it up, & making sure it doesn't settle on everything in the kitchen.
    2) my celiac daughter can no longer help me, since breathing in the flour would possibly make her sick & it's not as fun doing it alone.
    3) Gluten free substitutes (flours, etc) are more expensive

On the other hand--

A lot of my recipes can be adapted using the gfree substitutes, & it's made us a little more creative & open to other options. We've done cocoa powder cookies, almond paste & meringue cookies too.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I was going to make maple bacon bourbon cookies last night for a work bake sale, but my husband talked me out of sharing them with that many people, said he would rather me just make them this weekend for us!

expand upon this concept eh?

I just pulled one of my bellies from the freezer to start curing.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    This is me.

giphy.gif
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    COOOOKKKIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

want cooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

ovuycqqk1xfr.jpg

Made at 6 am today. Probably a bad call......
  • WinoGelato
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »

expand upon this concept eh?

I just pulled one of my bellies from the freezer to start curing.

Well this is what I was thinking:

http://heatherchristo.com/cooks/2013/09/13/bourbon-maple-bacon-and-pecan-cookies/

Pics aren't that much to look at though:

9735907698_ac5e0da52f_z.jpg

Found this while I was digging up the recipe - it has a lot more to offer in the wow factor I think...

BourbonBaconBrittleTall.jpg

http://bakingthegoods.com/2013/12/23/three-wise-men-bourbon-bacon-brittle-recipe/

ETA damn those links are hard to get in there...
  • dbmata
    Options
    you just stimulated thought.

Imagine a chopped pecan and bacon caramel sandwiched between two butter cookies, kinda like a porcine alfajore.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    you just stimulated thought.

Imagine a chopped pecan and bacon caramel sandwiched between two butter cookies, kinda like a porcine alfajore.

Had to google alfajor. Is that like the predecessor to the Oreo?

Then I consulted my friend Pinterest. Found this - which the eyes on it make it look stupid, and I think there could be better macaron's than walnut for this but...

2011maplebaconmacaron.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1318268634825

http://www.cakespy.com/blog/2011/10/20/walnut-macarons-with-maple-bacon-bourbon-filling-recipe.html"]cakespy.com/blog/2011/10/20/walnut-macarons-with-maple-bacon-bourbon-filling-recipe.html