1000 pound club

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    You're advanced, congrats! I'll get you a medal.
    But first, we dance.

Second to last lift of the workout, I was quite gassed.

That looked brutal. Is that your max or close to it? How's your sumo look?
  • little_simon
    little_simon Posts: 37 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My best total is 1,455 (converted from kg)

502lb squat
    375lb bench
    579lb deadlift

Wilks 372.042

Also have a 253lb standing overhead press. :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    But first, we dance.

I was tired, 405 is usually less grindy, one form fault from that I'm working on is not to hurry putting the weight down (obvs), and use a lower starting hip position to make sure there's no rounding in the upper back.

435 is current max, 455 was barely missed. So my 1rm might be somewhere around 450 right now. Sumo, it's just not working for me, I'm getting a lot of hip stress and I can drive it up to 365, but after 365 I just lack the hip strength and flexibility to get it off the ground.

It also is a festival of pain in my hips once I let go of the bar.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    VGibs1981 wrote: »
    Did we decide it was 700 for women? cuz I'm there now: 255 squat, 155 bench, 320 DL=730.

I'd like to know this as well...

Earlier in the thread I thought about that but then I remember there are some out of this world strong women on here I know would one day love to be at 1000.

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Is this a fairly accurate table?

aRg0C.png
    my last meet would be a 370.25 wilks and if i wouldnt have went overboard on my last deadlift and went with what i know i could pull, it would have been 381.70. now that im training for my Worlds Qualifying meet im looking to drop to 275 and total 1625+ or a 420.00+ wilks.... ill take those numbers

• dbmata
    Options
    Dear god.

Can I hump your leg until some of that raw strength is taken up by osmosis?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    VGibs1981 wrote: »
    Did we decide it was 700 for women? cuz I'm there now: 255 squat, 155 bench, 320 DL=730.

I'd like to know this as well...

Earlier in the thread I thought about that but then I remember there are some out of this world strong women on here I know would one day love to be at 1000.

Already there for 700, targeting 830-850 for the end of January, would adore being at 1000 in July, but odds are we are just going to push one lift hard and let the other two ride along.
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    But first, we dance.

I was tired, 405 is usually less grindy, one form fault from that I'm working on is not to hurry putting the weight down (obvs), and use a lower starting hip position to make sure there's no rounding in the upper back.

435 is current max, 455 was barely missed. So my 1rm might be somewhere around 450 right now. Sumo, it's just not working for me, I'm getting a lot of hip stress and I can drive it up to 365, but after 365 I just lack the hip strength and flexibility to get it off the ground.

It also is a festival of pain in my hips once I let go of the bar.

I understand that completely. I sumo with relatively high hips which sacrifices a lot of bar speed off of the ground but doesn't hurt my hips at all. If I get my hips really low I can really break the floor easily but my hips pay for it. Having had two serious hip injuries in the past couple years (unrelated) I really wasn't interested in pushing it. #gettingoldsucks

On the bright side I managed to pull 495x3 last night and may have had one in the tank if I had been willing to fight for it. So I can't complain too much.
  • dbmata
    Options
    damn I need to catch you.
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    damn I need to catch you.

Good luck, my DL is my best lift and shows no signs of slowing down. Having said that, you probably already out-squat me (see above-mentioned hip injuries) so I can't talk too much there.
  • dbmata
    Options
    My knee is still a concern with that one. Doc's appt in 1.5 hours to discuss it, actually. I'll angle for some TRT so I can say hasta to mere old man strength.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Dear god.

Can I hump your leg until some of that raw strength is taken up by osmosis?

you talkin to me, lol.....
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My numbers:

Deadlift: 425
    Squat: 415
    Bench: 285 <--Hangs head in shame.
    Total: 1125
    4.9 x BW.

I haven't been lifting heavy that long. I have only just started doing Deadlifts & Squats a little over 13 months ago so I'm happy with the progress. I'ts been a while since I tested my 1Rep Max on each lift as I've been trying to work on my form for DL and depth for Squat.
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    My knee is still a concern with that one. Doc's appt in 1.5 hours to discuss it, actually. I'll angle for some TRT so I can say hasta to mere old man strength.

Good luck.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Last I went for PRs was about 5 months ago:
    Deadlift: 610
    Bench: 415
    Squat: Haven't PR'd in a long time but did singles the other day at 500. I know I am atleast in the low to mid 500s.

Fun times, I train mainly for hypertrophy but sometimes ya just got to push it
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for this during 2015. Well, in metric, so 450 kg, but I'm sure I can stretch that to 455 to go over an imperial ton. DL 200 kg, squat 150 and bench 100 and that's that. My calculated 1RM for those lifts are around 160, 150 and 90 at the moment, so hitting the target shouldn't be an impossible feat by any means.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Retested all of my lifts this morning and am now firmly in the 1000 lb club at a BW of 190.
    Stats from 9/17
    SQ - 365
    BP - 235
    DL - 385

This morning 12/19
    SQ - 405
    BP - 245 (almost had 255)
    DL - 405 (think I could have done more but was running out of time to recover)

Total 1055, Wilks score 312...not bad for only 6 months of lifting if I do say so myself
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Sweet McCloud. And for six months, you must be floating. Like on a cloud.
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are beasts. Maybe in a year I can join all of you.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Sweet McCloud. And for six months, you must be floating. Like on a cloud.

"...like on a cloud." I like what you did there...very punny LOL

In seriousness, I am flying pretty high right now. If I would have had a little more time to recover in between tries, I really think I could have done more. I think I could do at least another 10 on the squat if not 20, another 5-10 on the bench and I've gotten 425 about halfway up on the deadlift before, but I always do it at the end of my lifting days, so I think if I did it at the very beginning I could make it.