What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• bbastin55
    bbastin55 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the last notch on my belt. The belt that didn't fit me seven months ago.

Just had the same thing happen to me! What a great feeling!

• Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a couple.
    1) When I started C25K I had a friend running with me. In the early weeks she was having to really encourage me and cheer me on. As the weather got colder she had to stop running with me b/c she didn't have any cold weather running gear. On days that get to at least 40F she can run. We finished C25k a week and a half ago and she was having trouble but we took our run to a nearby park that has hills so it was hard for both of us. Our neighborhood is very flat. We ran together again yesterday doing speed intervals to help improve our 5K time. I was having to coach/encourage/cheer her on. We both laughed at how the roles have changed

2)I've been wearing size 14 jeans for a while now (though they've been getting steadily bigger and hard to keep up). I couple weeks ago I accidentally pulled some size 12s out of my drawer. They were tight and I had a definite muffin top but I could zip them. I tried them on again two days ago and they fit perfectly!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I walked yesterday even though I didn't want to. Millions of excuses why I shouldn't have to. Changing mindset to do it anyway.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I only have one pair of black pants and I bought them before I started this journey. They were tight and I probably needed the next size up but was NOT going to buy the next size up!

I put them on today for the first time since being on MFP and they are WAY too big. Sadly I didn't notice this until I put them on after the gym so I'll just deal with it. Happily, they are WAY TOO BIG! :)
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a party coming up this weekend, and I had to go shopping since there is NOTHING suitable left in my closet that still fits. Here is my result: Dress size 16 (previously 22), shirt size M (previously 1X), and the kicker: Bra size 38C (previously 40D).

I'll be the happiest girl at the party!
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Took a good look at my current sport coat in the mirror today, and found I could wrap it halfway around myself, so got fitted for a new one. Traded my size 48 for a 44 -- woot!
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    just ran for 10 mins - 5 weeks ago, i struggled on 60 seconds..
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    PR'd my deadlift at 225lbs today! :D

TWO PLATES!
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k last weekend! :D

I ran (slowly) the whole way through and didn't stop or walk once. Finished at 46:09 but it was a huge achievement for me.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Congrats, everyone on your NSVs!

I had to share mine and was going to start a new post, but figured this was as good of a place as any.

Today, my office ordered a boatload of pizza for some visitors we have in town. Instead of chowing down and carb-loading, I nommed on a huge bowl of salad. I don't feel that I'm losing out or missing out on not having pizza. But this is an NSV for me because prior to doing some research, listening to some amazing and knowledgeable folks, and REALLY changing my mindset, not choosing pizza and thinking I was relegated to a salad would have been a huge bummer for me. I would have grumped around about not "being able to eat the damn pizza".

Now, I truly have begun to look at food as fuel for the body. I'm eating within my macros, and learning what foods I need during what time of the day and if I'm working out. Plus, I don't feel like I'm missing out, because I know at the end of the day when I get home tonight, my boyfriend and I are going to brave the chilly tempts to grill out (lean cuts of steak, ftw).

Taking a little bit of time to read and research has really helped me make better food decisions and feel GOOD about what I'm eating. I know I snagged the salad instead of the pizza, but (like I just mentioned), I don't feel like I'm starving myself or missing out. I just know that I can eat a lot more and feel a lot better with the appropriate food choices.

Prior to the research, I felt like I needed to cut out all carbs, and that all fats were bad. I would berate myself for sneaking even a tiny slice of pizza. After taking the time to talk to people and really read up on things, I've learned that I could have had a slice of pizza if I wanted... or I can still toss a few croutons on my salad and not feel guilty. It's truly everything in moderation, and if it fits in my macros.... why not?

Bonus? Learning about the right foods has helped open up my kitchen to a TON of new foods and food preparations. I went to culinary school and have always loved to cook... now's just another great opportunity to experiment with new flavors and foods.

TL;DR - Turned down pizza and got a salad. Didn't feel guilty for adding a few croutons and am learning that food is fuel and I don't need to beat myself up over food choices as long as they fit in with my daily plan.

Thanks for reading my long-winded, rant!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of size 40” jeans today…a long way from my 60” – NSV = a bit tight but I can button and zip….getting closer to goal!
  • Curveegirl40
    Curveegirl40 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fitting with ease on all of the rides at Disney!!
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Prior to the research, I felt like I needed to cut out all carbs, and that all fats were bad. I would berate myself for sneaking even a tiny slice of pizza. After taking the time to talk to people and really read up on things, I've learned that I could have had a slice of pizza if I wanted... or I can still toss a few croutons on my salad and not feel guilty. It's truly everything in moderation, and if it fits in my macros.... why not?

Yeah, girl! I know exactly what you mean. I L.O.V.E. cookies, and used to feel super guilty for wanting a lil cookie every single night before bed. Guilt. Every day. It was so stupid! Now I feel awesome having a cookie or TWO because it fits perfectly into my macros!

I have two: First, I had to drop my calories/macros because I have lost enough weight that my BMR has dropped! Whoa!

Second, I picked up a base layer for running yesterday, and when I put it on, realized it was TIIIIGHT. Old me would have either returned it or just sworn to only wear it with something loose over it. But I realized yesterday that I actually look... fine. It is a little tight, and at certain angles you can still see some belly flab, but... I look perfectly fine. Fit. Not like a chubby girl in too-small workout clothes.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I have two: First, I had to drop my calories/macros because I have lost enough weight that my BMR has dropped! Whoa!

Second, I picked up a base layer for running yesterday, and when I put it on, realized it was TIIIIGHT. Old me would have either returned it or just sworn to only wear it with something loose over it. But I realized yesterday that I actually look... fine. It is a little tight, and at certain angles you can still see some belly flab, but... I look perfectly fine. Fit. Not like a chubby girl in too-small workout clothes.

Congrats on dropping your macros and losing weight :smile: That's fantastic!

Also congrats on the shirt - I do the SAME thing. Even with some of my shirts I've had to get in the mindset of say "no...I do NOT need a cardigan". LOL. If you've got any good tips on base layers or running capris that don't lose its elastic after 2 wears, msg me and let me know! :smiley:
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I fit comfortably into a pair of size 30 jeans last night. That hasn't happened since I don't know when. Probably 20 years ago coming off a 6 month deployment aboard US Navy aircraft carrier. Not sure I would have been comfortable in 30s even then.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    My tight jeans, you know the ones I have to shimmy and shake and kick to get them past my thunder thighs and big butt, are now sliding up with ease!
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Was able to wear my size 10 skinny jeans again. :) They're by J Brand (whose pants are on the tight side, I'm normally a size 8 Petite in any other brand of pants).
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just ran the dreaded W5D3 on the c25k programme - 20 mins flat.
    - Hurrah!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    my boss is about a decade younger than me. about a decade ago we used to play hockey on opposite teams.

today at the end of the day we were talking and he said he has to start eating better because he cannot let me weight less than him. right now im about 10lbs more (give or take)
  • lnikf
    lnikf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is being able to fully button up this cardigan! I've never been able to do that until today. It's a small victory since I'm only 15 pounds down and I have a lot more I want to lose but it's a victory nonetheless :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!