women who dont shave

Options

Replies

• veronakings
    Options

I wouldn't consider myself a feminist. You're just misinterpreting almost everything I've said thus far..because you assume I'm a feminist

why are women so afraid of calling themselves a feminist? feminism is wonderful, and endlessly interesting. something you might be interested in learning about is intersectional feminism. also, just saying, whether or not a dude cares about shaved legs is NOT a feminist issue. it's just obnoxious. like who cares what this man thinks?? anyone?? nah

This. Too many people equate feminism to misandrogy and assume all feminists are out to put men down. I think this is why so many people hesitate to refer to themselves as feminists. The definition of feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. That's it!

ETA that both men and women can be feminists. That's pretty cool, too.

anytime men hear about equality they assume that not being in power means they will be oppressed. it's like, no, wait... equality... means...
    talk about a generalization... and clearly there is much more to the feminist movement then faqing equality - obviously men agree women are equal in value and utility - they are however different. and there are various waves of feminist - you clearly are totally out of sync with 3rd wave feminist -

'The third phase of feminism began in the mid-1990s and is informed by post-colonial and post-modern thinking. In this phase many constructs have been destabilized, including the notions of "universal womanhood," body, gender, sexuality and hetreronormativity. An aspect of third wave feminism that mystifies the mothers of the earlier feminist movement is the readoption by young feminists of the very lipstick, high heels and cleavage proudly exposed by low cut necklines that the first two phases of the movement identified with male oppression. Pinkfloor expressed this new position when she said; "It's possible to have a push-up bra and a brain at the same time."

The "grrls" of the third wave have stepped onto the stage as strong and empowered, eschewing victimization and defining feminine beauty for themselves as subjects, not as objects of a sexist patriarchy. They have developed a rhetoric of mimicry, which reappropriates derogatory terms like "slut" and "*kitten*" in order to subvert sexist culture and deprive it of verbal weapons. The web is an important aspect of the new "girlie feminism." E-zines have provided "cybergrrls" and "netgrrls" another kind of women-only space. At the same time — rife with the irony of third-wave feminism because cyberspace is disembodied — it permits all users the opportunity to cross gender boundaries and so the very notion of gender has been challenged.

This is in keeping with the third wave's celebration of ambiguity and refusal to think in terms of "us-them" or in some cases their refusal to identify themselves as "feminists" at all. Grrl-feminism tends to be global and multi-cultural, and it shuns simple answers or artificial categories of identity, gender and sexuality. Its transversal politics means that differences such as those of ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, etc., are celebrated but recognized as dynamic, situational and provisional. Reality is conceived not so much in terms of fixed structures and power relations, but in terms of performance within contingencies. Third wave feminism breaks boundaries.

Where feminism will go from here is unclear, but the point is that feminism, by whatever name, is alive and well both in academia and outside of it. Some older feminists feel discouraged by the younger generation's seeming ignorance of or disregard for the struggles and achievements of the early movement. They see little progress (the pay gap has not significantly narrowed in 60 years), and are fearful that the new high-heeled, red-lipped college grrls are letting us backslide. This, however, is not likely the case. There have always been feminisms in the movement, not just one ideology, and there have always been tensions, points and counterpoints. The political, social and intellectual feminist movements have always been chaotic, multivalenced, and disconcerting, and let's hope they continue to be so; it's a sign that they are thriving.'

lol did your friend write that for high school English class?
  • veronakings
    Options
    did you write that for highschool English class?
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »
    I love these kind of threads where if you disagree with the norm, you're the enlightened, morally correct one, and everyone else is just a stupid sheeple. Pssttt that's intolerant of you :wink:

I shave. I'm blonde so you can't see it anyway, but I love the feel of my sheets on smooth skin.

^^^^This^^^^^ +1

I deal with this kind of attitude with a niece of mine. I love her to pieces but she does think she and people like her are enlightened and we are the intolerant ones. They think we are judgmental and trying to stereotype. From where I sit they are. They are the ones that cannot let people have their opinion and then just let it go. No they feel a need to "throw up" all over us about how we are wrong and they are right. They act like we look down on them but in reality it is reverse.

She also doesn't believe in shaving. She has been posting on her Facebook page about it. Again, her choice, no on cares, but why does she have to make sure everyone is aware of it.

i mean, why do you even have to comment? if you don't care. maybe no one would call you intolerant if you just left people alone?

Pot meet Kettle!!

Am I picking on someone?? Oh, that's right, it is for you and your friends to keep "hammering" someone about their opinion but do not turn the table?

I feel bad that you don't see the difference. I'm sorry that you have to deal with people who like their body hair. I'm sorry you feel being ok with body hair makes you think in some way that they're looking down on you. No one here said boo about people who shave..yet tons of people had some pretty mean things to say about the people who don't. There's no pot here to meet your kettle..
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No it was written by Martha Rampton professor of history at Pacific University she is the director of the 'Center for Gender Equity'
  • veronakings
    Options
    seriously. it's so obnoxious that a discussion between women about women has become, as usual, about men's opinion of women's bodies. like, ick, knock it off.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

I wouldn't consider myself a feminist. You're just misinterpreting almost everything I've said thus far..because you assume I'm a feminist

why are women so afraid of calling themselves a feminist? feminism is wonderful, and endlessly interesting. something you might be interested in learning about is intersectional feminism. also, just saying, whether or not a dude cares about shaved legs is NOT a feminist issue. it's just obnoxious. like who cares what this man thinks?? anyone?? nah

I support equality period.. So I am a feminist in some regards. I will look it up..as in intersectional feminism. I tend to not label myself.

it is much more than strictly equality so I recommend looking into it - for example the foreign women I am friends with certainly feel they are equal to men but are NOT feminist - they wouldn't be bothered about holding a door or chair for them, paying for a meal etc. Nor would they have some B/S assumption that the above was done by the man all for the goal of going through the motions of procreation.

• Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    maddyk91 wrote: »
    I love these kind of threads where if you disagree with the norm, you're the enlightened, morally correct one, and everyone else is just a stupid sheeple. Pssttt that's intolerant of you :wink:

I shave. I'm blonde so you can't see it anyway, but I love the feel of my sheets on smooth skin.

Nah I get it if people thinks it is unattractive but I was more miffed at the malicious adjectives he used to describe the people who don't shave. That's where I interpret him as intolerant. :)

This. Shave if you want. Don't if you don't. There's no need to call people who don't dirty or tell them they won't get a psychologically healthy mate because of their choice.

Yea I can get 100 psychologically healthy mates anytime i want

brah knows nothing bout my game

IDK my gf is a psychologist and males who derive sexual excitement from female hair have what is called a hair partialism and trichophilia or 'hair fetish' and it is a personality disorder usually developed early on in life - so I agree maybe you can have a HUGE gang bang of 100 'mates' but they will not be psychologically healthy - that is a fallacy

:D:D:D:D

Thank you for making my day with this post.

I wonder what fetish your psychologist is fulfilling toying around with you?

• MrTolerable
    Options
    masochism ;P lol jk
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    seriously. it's so obnoxious that a discussion between women about women has become, as usual, about men's opinion of women's bodies. like, ick, knock it off.

The original post said nothing about excluding the male perspective. This topic is open to anyone who wants to post. The OP didn't say she was looking for JUST female opinions. This is not meant to offend you, I promise. Just pointing out a fact about the thread.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Go back and read the original post. The poster was female but she said she wants peoples opinions of woman not shaving. People are men and women. She did not limit the discussion to female opinions only. So men's opinion of the women's body was part of the discussion from the start with an invite from the original poster.

• MrTolerable
    Options

Go back and read the original post. The poster was female but she said she wants peoples opinions of woman not shaving. People are men and women. She did not limit the discussion to female opinions only. So men's opinion of the women's body was part of the discussion from the start with an invite from the original poster.

Hear hear!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Hey, so.... how painful is a brazilian? I'm thinking of getting one done.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

I support equality period.. So I am a feminist in some regards. I will look it up..as in intersectional feminism. I tend to not label myself.

it is much more than strictly equality so I recommend looking into it - for example the foreign women I am friends with certainly feel they are equal to men but are NOT feminist - they wouldn't be bothered about holding a door or chair for them, paying for a meal etc. Nor would they have some B/S assumption that the above was done by the man all for the goal of going through the motions of procreation.

Yeah. I'm not into that. No need for door holding, chair pulling out, meal paying, bs assumptions..no.

I'll definitely do some research.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Good luck. Ever see 40 year old virgin?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options

Not bad. I prefer them. They aren't fun but last much longer.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Yeah. I'm not into that. No need for door holding, chair pulling out, meal paying, bs assumptions..no.

well read up and fingers crossed you dive into the third wave because now the feminist are back into the lipstick, shaving, high-heels rocking da pushup bra all regardless anyway. lmao
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Good luck. Ever see 40 year old virgin?

Ahhhhhhhh Kelly Clarkson!
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    my gf said it is not as bad as ppl make it out to be.
  • veronakings
    Options

when you saw it was a bunch of women supporting each other and building each other up, did you just feel like you couldn't stand for it and just had to butt in with your male opinion? i mean obv anyone can say whatever they want, but maybe like think about tact? respect?
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

well read up and fingers crossed you dive into the third wave because now the feminist are back into the lipstick, shaving, high-heels rocking da pushup bra all regardless anyway. lmao

Reading up isn't going to magically change the way I already am.