What's your biggest weight loss / fitness pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    pet peeve... Not being able to snack all night!
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    sheepotato wrote: »
    I hate when someone who is an adult says they don't want to drink water or eat something healthy because it's 'boring.'

You are not a toddler, you do not need sprinkles and purple food coloring on your chicken.

I don't drink water because it's exciting, I drink it because I need it. How empty is the rest of your life that you need exciting beverages daily?

So because I flavor my drinks and prefer not to eat boring *kitten* my life must be empty? How shallow are you that that's your only logical conclusion?

I'm sorry that you felt like my rant was a personal attack against you, it wasn't. It was in response to seeing numerous posts about people not wanting to drink water (usually trying to justify drinking only diet soda or counting soup as water intake), or eat any vegetables at all.

It wasn't my only logical conclusion, it was a hyperbole. You know that you have more in your life than your flavored water, don't let me upset you.

Yes, sticks and stones. You shouldn't use the fact that your targets should know "they're better than that" as a reason to just say whatever. "People" are made up of individual, living, breathing, feeling human beings, some of whom you managed to call toddlers and empty lived. But frankly yeah, I wanted to let it go. But then it kept getting quoted over and over again by people lauding your post, exactly as written. This is what we do? Okay

Get thicker skin.

Her post was spot on, there is no reason adults should refuse to eat vegetables or drink water because they are "boring." Sometimes as adults you do things you don't always want to do because it can benefit in ways other than tasting good.

So if you found veg or water intake challenging because you didn't like the taste, that means you're a toddler and your life must be empty, that is your position? One question I have that is based on several probably incorrect assumptions then - how did all these veggie loving adults get fat in the first place? I've found they've cut out a *kitten* ton of calories for me

Not everyone on here is fat or has ever been fat, including myself, there are other purposes for MFP in addition to being a weight loss website.

That said, finding vegetables or water "challenging" who cares? Not everything is going to be easy but it is well worth the small sacrifice to just eat the damn veggies and drink the damn water.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I hate when someone who is an adult says they don't want to drink water or eat something healthy because it's 'boring.'

You are not a toddler, you do not need sprinkles and purple food coloring on your chicken.

I don't drink water because it's exciting, I drink it because I need it. How empty is the rest of your life that you need exciting beverages daily?

So because I flavor my drinks and prefer not to eat boring *kitten* my life must be empty? How shallow are you that that's your only logical conclusion?

I'm sorry that you felt like my rant was a personal attack against you, it wasn't. It was in response to seeing numerous posts about people not wanting to drink water (usually trying to justify drinking only diet soda or counting soup as water intake), or eat any vegetables at all.

It wasn't my only logical conclusion, it was a hyperbole. You know that you have more in your life than your flavored water, don't let me upset you.

Yes, sticks and stones. You shouldn't use the fact that your targets should know "they're better than that" as a reason to just say whatever. "People" are made up of individual, living, breathing, feeling human beings, some of whom you managed to call toddlers and empty lived. But frankly yeah, I wanted to let it go. But then it kept getting quoted over and over again by people lauding your post, exactly as written. This is what we do? Okay

Get thicker skin.

Her post was spot on, there is no reason adults should refuse to eat vegetables or drink water because they are "boring." Sometimes as adults you do things you don't always want to do because it can benefit in ways other than tasting good.

So if you found veg or water intake challenging because you didn't like the taste, that means you're a toddler and your life must be empty, that is your position? One question I have that is based on several probably incorrect assumptions then - how did all these veggie loving adults get fat in the first place? I've found they've cut out a *kitten* ton of calories for me

Not everyone on here is fat or has ever been fat, including myself, there are other purposes for MFP in addition to being a weight loss website.

Yeah, no big shock there. Hey, have a good day, okay?

• Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    same to you.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Pretty basic. "You can't eat that, you're on a diet!" or "That'll make you fat." Or even, "That's your goal weight? That's too small!" coming from someone who ain't my doctor/knows nothing about my body or health in general lol.

I also tend to do some of the things people find annoying...like pointing out unhelpful eating habits, -but- only when the person in question is complaining about being fat/needing to lose weight and mentions several health issues. -shrug- I'm tryna get better at that since they obviously don't care enough to do better.
  • mollyea97
    mollyea97 Posts: 8 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My dad always trying to tell me how to eat! He doesn't understand that just because his dietician has told him to eat a certain way doesn't mean that I have to as well if I want to be healthy.

I'm meant to be seeing a dietician to sort out an eating plan myself because I have an iron and a B12 deficiency, but according to him that's ridiculous because eating foods that are high with those nutrients won't get me back to normal levels, only supplement pills can do that .

He also tells me that I can't eat carbs after 4pm because he believes that your metabolism stops completely at night.

He has extremely low thyroid levels and doesn't understand that my needs are not the same as his.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What gets me is seeing young people playing cellphone games... or reading anime at the gym... I know it none of my business how they choose to spend their time at the gym.. but still makes me want to rip the phone out of their hands and stuff it down their throats...

If you are going to pay all that money to go to the gym at least sweat... or stay home....

(I know i'm off topic a little but had to get that one out there....)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If you see me on a cell phone at the gym, I'm probably recording my workout. Just sayin'
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    people who care what other people at the gym are doing and judge their level of activity.... or how they choose to stay amused enough to finish.

i seem to remember when i started all i could do was light cardio and light weights. and when i was injured i showed up anyway, and did whatever i could without hurting myself again. while i did that i read magazines and books... because those particular machines are boring as heck,... but they are better than nothing.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So if you found veg or water intake challenging because you didn't like the taste, that means you're a toddler...
    QFT!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Food Bragging. Yes!

That's more an MFP thing than a weight loss one, though. I have never heard anyone do food bragging in real life.

wassat?
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    people who care what other people at the gym are doing and judge their level of activity.... or how they choose to stay amused enough to finish.

i seem to remember when i started all i could do was light cardio and light weights. and when i was injured i showed up anyway, and did whatever i could without hurting myself again. while i did that i read magazines and books... because those particular machines are boring as heck,... but they are better than nothing.

Exactly. This too!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    So if you found veg or water intake challenging because you didn't like the taste, that means you're a toddler...
    QFT!

No surprise there either...

• dbmata
    Options
    QFT!

Just agreeing with the truth you typed. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    edited December 2014
    Options
    QFT!

Fairly shocking that even you felt the need to clean up portions of the derogatory post. But no, your agreement with rude posts in general is not surprising

• dbmata
    Options
    QFT!

Fairly shocking that even you felt the need to clean up portions of the derogatory post. But no, your agreement with rude posts in general is not surprising

Sweet random attack against someone agreeing with you. LOL.

I was ignoring your vitriolic and generally negative post and just agreeing with the part that was correct, you know that. :) No need to get angry.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    QFT!

I was ignoring your vitriolic and generally negative post and just agreeing with the part that was correct, you know that. :) No need to get angry.

Uh.. Calling an adult a toddler was something I disagreed with, clearly not a position I was taking. Sorry if I confused it for you, but if you felt I was negative I rather you would have just said so or left it alone. The honesty is better IMO.

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Friends who constantly talk about wanting to get fit/lose weight and ask for advice and never follow through.

People who use the word tone.

Female friends who are scared to lift heavy because they might bulk up or want to lift light with high reps for the same reason. I'm literally standing in front of them going "well I lift heavy and have done so for about 2.5 years, do I look bulky to you? Are you saying I'm bulky?" Why does eveyone think they're the exception to the rule
  • dbmata
    Options
    QFT!

Uh.. Calling an adult a toddler was something I disagreed with, clearly not a position I was taking. Sorry if I confused it for you, but if you felt I was negative I rather you would have just said so or left it alone. The honesty is better IMO.

See, even a stopped clock is right twice per day. You were right. I'm sure you'll be right once more soon.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    QFT!

See, even a stopped clock is right twice per day. You were right. I'm sure you'll be right once more soon.

There's the dbmata I know and don't love. Welcome back :)