Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options
Hi everyone! If you want to join this group, please do not join here. Please either message me or write on the wall of this page:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/220125-harry-potter-weight-loss-challenge

This page has already sorted people into houses so we will need to put you where we need a person. Thanks! :)

Members, please weigh in on your House's page each Sunday!

Remember to check the main page for the weekly challenge and HP info/quote of the day!

Heads of houses - Each Sunday post your House's progress on the Main page! :)

Good luck everyone!!

Replies

• UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:
    Dawnkitchen - 167.6 - Slytherin
    Aimssc - 154 - Slytherin
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Shellybeelee – 157.4 - HEAD OF HOUSE
    mjtbb - 219
    Shorty32 - 170
    Arwinsb133.4
    pixieofdoom - 214
    LaurabeeRotten – 245.4
    lauriek70 - 235
    Melk967 - 154
    Charice – 203
    Heathershrinking – 241.5
    ChrissyMay4 – 177
    Fattack - 148
    Nikilosingweight – 387.4
    Paronomasha - 220
    MDS2372 - 277
    Ante_up – 191.5
    lovezumba – 190
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    OK - I THINK THE FAIREST WAY TO ADD UP POINTS IS TO ADD UP ALL THE MEMBERS WEIGHTS, THEN FIGURE OUT THE TOTAL PERCENTAGE LOST FOR THE GROUP. That is the only way to make it fair since the groups are bound to be uneven at some point. I put it in caps to make sure everyone sees it. :)
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Replying so I don't lose the topic :)

Hello my fellow Slytherins! (I was actually at one of the Hogwarts' filming sites this EXACT time last week, and took great pride in informing my boyfriend that that particular college has a scarf that is kinda similar to that of Slytherin house!!)
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Slytherins! Let's band together to use our cunning and ambitious ways to kick butt at this challenge:-).
    Such a fun challenge - I just love HP and can't wait for DH2.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    hello everyone =D..
    so excited to be the head of house for slytherin .
    Hows everyone doing reaching the challenges this week?
    Who is your favorite character from slytherin?
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hola, fellow Slytherins!

There was a Harry Potter fansite called Phoenix Prophecy.net, and I was a Slytherin on there as well, so I'm kinda happy to have been sorted back in to my second favorite house (my first is Ravenclaw, but that's because that is where I think I belong).

My favorite Slytherin is Draco Malfoy. He just cracks me up. He talks a big game, but most of the time never follows through, and you always have to wonder what he's thinking. :]
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Having a good week so far - down .2 lbs from Sunday. I just realized, though, that I gave today's weight as my starting weight instead of Sunday's.
    My favorite Slytherin is Severus Snape, of course! What a beautifully written and complex character.
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    New member - Jennyamy - 190 - Slytherin
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    HEADS OF HOUSES
    You may want to update the list with the new members just to help yourself keep track of everyone. :)
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    new member:
    Prashley - 154.2 - Slytherin
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Slytherins! I look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months :)
    My favorite Slytherin is Severus Snape.
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    new member - lcoulter23 – 323
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    hello everyone =D..
    I seem to be on a 2 pound Yo-Yo recently...I'm back and forth from 192-190 *sigh* I've done my exercise already this morning, but I plan on going back out for another mile if it stops raining tonight. I'm really wanting to break this yo-yo string and drop into the 180's. Fingers crossed this will be that week!
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    I would have to agree that snape is my favorite. i love how complex jk made his character, and how she really hid the truth about snape until the very end.... And malfoy.. well i kinda feel bad for him.. anyone else think that he could be a really good person under different circumstances?? lol
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    new member - Raquelphillips10 - 166
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    hello everyone =D..
    I seem to be on a 2 pound Yo-Yo recently...I'm back and forth from 192-190 *sigh* I've done my exercise already this morning, but I plan on going back out for another mile if it stops raining tonight. I'm really wanting to break this yo-yo string and drop into the 180's. Fingers crossed this will be that week!

Maybe you have gotten too used to what you are doing? try shaking things up a little..change your calories each day a little (ex: 1200 MWF, 1500 Tu, Sat, 1700 Th, Sun) and try doing some different exercise routines or try doing some interval stuff (if you are a walker, try walking as fast as you can for a minute, then slowing down (repeat several times) or jog for a minute).. if your body gets used to it it automatically slows your metabolism down to preserve fuel so you need to surprise it so it doesnt know what to expect and cant get used to it.. :) Maybe that will help you get out of your yoyo :)
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hey all, my name is Laura. I'm glad to be a Slytherin! My favorite Slytherin is of course Severus Snape. He is actually my favorite character in the whole series and I guessed his secret at the beginning of the series (of course I didn't start reading until Goblet of Fire was out.) I also like Draco. I feel bad for him in a lot of ways. I would love it if she wrote about Voldemort's time at school and the rest of his life.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for this, it's ridiculous . Goal weight for the July 14th will be 150! Lets go slytherin! Friend me if you need motivation and accountability! Yayy!
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    new member:
    Elbee1 - 149.4