Midsummer Meltdown - 4/25 thru 6/21

Options

Replies

• catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Meal #2 in first day of challenge--lunch at Wegman's!! Well, at least it was sushi...The not eating out challenge is just not going to happen for me--but I liked the idea of simply changing it slightly to avoid the worst food offenders (and yet brunch on Mother's Day is already is already beckoning--and who wants just eggs and dry toast).

For the folks who maintained or gained a bit--I gotta say I really admire you! Posting it is very courageous and trusting. With that kind of accountability to yourself and the refusal to give up, there is no way you will not reach your goals.

Here's to today--may it be wonderful!
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    Awesome Week!!!! This water drinking is helping alot!!!

SW 4/26/11 143.2.0
    5/03/11 141.6:smile:
    GW 6/21/11 136.0
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this weeks challenge. Although with Sunday being Mother's Day, I asked my husband to make us a meal. My girls are 7, 6(her b-day is today!), 4, and then my sons are 17 months and 3 months. They love doing things in the kitchen and this would be much better and if it's nice maybe a date to the park and the kids can run off some exercise. I'm still challenging myself the water and the strength training will come in handy this week. looking to try and tone my arms at the time. :)
  • wildkiger
    wildkiger Posts: 25
    Options
    Challenge GW -- 150.5

SW -- 155.5
    Week 1 -- 157

Not a great start, but fluctuation is the norm for me. I've done a lot of exercise and weight-training-type exercise this weekend, plus I have been a bit over on sodium, so it's not too surprising. Better luck next week.
  • slackeyj
    slackeyj Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi,

I had a good week but I think my start weight was artificially high becaust of some water retention. I am looking forward to this weeks challenge although I did already have subway for lunch today. I feel like that is okay because I really do eat in more than out as it is. Here are my numbers.

SW-178
    CW-173.8

Yay!

Really, great challege for this week for me. I need the motivation to do weights and resistance training because my cardio is so limited right now.
    Good luck everyone!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    oops, messed up before
    My CW is 151.5
    SW 186
    Goal weight for 6/21 is 138
  • butterflyinamber78
    butterflyinamber78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    start weight- 170
    week 1- 169

hmm... had grab and go sushi for lunch today from the commisary before I knew what the challenge was. Upside, I did abs and arms at the gym this morning--Does this make me half psychic? Hmm. Half psychic... "I forsee much weight loss and sucess in your future. And a llama, theres definately a llama somewhere...":wink:
  • crazycouponlady
    crazycouponlady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW (26 Apr) ~ 167
    Week 1 ~ 160.5
    Week 2 ~
    Week 3 ~
    Week 4 ~
    Week 5 ~
    Week 6 ~
    Week 7 ~
    GW (21 Jun) ~ 145

I am trying to get on track - I keep starting and stopping. This has been my first week of Atkins low carb diet with moderate exercise. Next week I will start exercising harder! It is so hard to not eat all of the glorious looking breads, sweets, potatoes...
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Current weight 176 (Week 1)

Phew! I started weight training last week and have been worried about what my weight would be!
    Best bit - already started on this weeks challenge :)
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Checking in for week 1!
    I failed abysmally at gettingin my 10 glasses and 30 mins in everyday. :ohwell: Was not a great week fitness wise, but I'm gonna push myself harder to achieve my goals.:wink: Will be checking back in for this weeks mini challenge.

Starting Weight on 04/26: 189.9lbs
    5/03: 188.3
    5/10:
    5/17:
    5/24:
    5/31:
    6/07:
    6/14:
    6/21:
    Challenge GW: 163lbs
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge. I've cut back on how much I go out already but I've been wanting to cut back more and this will help. I try to get some strength in most days so I'll just set up an alternation routine that handles me all week long LOL!! Good luck everyone!
  • downby15
    downby15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all. This past week was rough. I had finals and I started a new job. I didn't get to the gym much at all, after making a habit of going 5 days a week. I'm trying to get back on track, but it's tough. I unfortunately didn't lose anything, but I also didn't gain, so I'm happy about that.

SW (4/27): 131
    CW (5/3): 131

GW (6/21): 125
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think I can handle the strength training part, but I will severly miss my cowboys salad this Friday (I get one every Friday.. like clockwork..lol). other than that it should be easy not to go out.
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    Tuesday---no eating out here today!!!! I had to do cardio today since I did strength training yesterday, but I do strength tomorrow!!! Trying to still get as much water in as possible! Hope everyone else is doing great!! Keep up the good work!!!:smile:
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The new challenges look really good. I really do need to start adding some strength building exercises!
    Ok it looks like i'm going to be the first to weigh in.
    SW 257
    CW 256

@ ravenclawseekergirl: 1 lbs loss is great. good to see you're overcoming the life/family challenges :)
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat out, and today it was still the same hihi :)
    For the exercise part, I'm leaving for the gym now for my "Fesses de fer" class at the gym(Iron Butt) lol in french! This is cardio and strenght training :) good afternoon everyone!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    SW: 170
    CW: 168.5

haven't had 1/5 lb loss in 1 week since I first started, so I'm very happy about this result!

As far as this week's challenge, I'm big into strength training. I've always enjoyed the variety of things to add to cardio in my workouts, but since I've been with MFP I've even progressed to being able to do push-ups from my toes (and 10 in a row at that). So I"ll be getting strength in too.

Eating out can be a soft spot for me, as I'm on the road a lot for work and I have to pass a lot of food temptations. MY hope is to succumb to the eating out temptation no more than once this week. And if the rumor that it is indeed mother's day this weekend if true, then if my hubby offers to take me out for that, I will gladly accept and just be smart about it.

Thanks for the great challenge Catie!
  • paronomasha
    paronomasha Posts: 54
    Options
    Great job everyone!

My weigh in:

SW- 224
    Week 1- 222
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    HELLLOOOOOO, WEIGH IN!!!

My week had it's ups and downs...but food was good throughout. Killed it with the water, which has really not become a problem for me. In fact, I'm going to try to maintain my 10 a day. That's my new standard. Workouts weren't bad...4/7, I think (thanks TOM :tongue: )

Ok, so here goes...
    MM SW: 198
    MM W1: 195 :bigsmile:

I'm SUPER HAPPY for 3 lbs, especially with TOM and massive job stress for the last few days!!

Good luck this week, and rock out the challenge!!
    Oh, and I hardly eat out, and I'm doing BL for the Wii, so that's a ton of strength work! YAY!! (I actually did a T-Stand last week, and was totally stoked!!)

Oh, again...(I'm brain dead, sorry) Congrats to all! Whether you shed weight, stayed the same, or gained...you are all still here, still logging, and I KNOW you had triumphs this week!!! GREAT JOB!!!
  • NancyPav
    NancyPav Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weel, I'm looking forward to challenge #2 . The first challenge was a hiccup at least as far as water goes. Somehow I can't get past 3 (yes, I know that's nto good but I'm working on it and figure that will continue to be the challenge each week til i get to the mythical 8-10 land). But the execrise part of week 1, that I did and had fun doing. Of course, the #s for the week may not reflect that but there's always weigh-in next week right.
    SW (26 Apr) ~ 146.4
    Week 1 ~ 147.3 (oops gained almost a pound;I can pretend its pms and the sushi lunch right)
    Week 2 ~
    Week 3 ~