Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ron: I really cracked up during dinner about your pregnancy story! thanks for sharing....I wanted to respond last night but my phone makes it so difficult.

Anne: There are times I seriously feel preggers!! usually when i'm swollen and when I wake up in the morning and my hips are sore. Oh, and when i bump my stomach with something like yesterday while getting clothes out of the washing machine my belly was so in the way i couldn't quite reach to the bottom (we have a top loader) and had to kinda bend sideways to get everything out :laugh:

AFM: I finally got in a 30 min stationary bike ride it felt great! Although it was very slow because i was sore from a fall i caught myself from in the May snow we got. I'm okay just sore.
    So I had two dreams last night both were regarding my fears. The first i dream't that our house which is under construction caught fire :( it didn't burn down but we had to replace some of the framing etc. and the second was the worst in the dream I was w a close friend who recently had her baby and we were finally spending time together and i found that I had started bleeding while 30 weeks pregnant and for some reason i jumped into the shower thinking it would stop it which it didn't then on my arms a weird rash or skin deformity started (this is my phobia hives, skin bumps, and rashes) that looked like sesame seeds and well to best describe it the top of an everything bagel EW!! and I get goose pimple everytime i think about it now. :sick: It was so creepy and strange. I really didn't want to go back to sleep after so i'm with you julie and ron for a restless night.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The sleepy grump returns. :laugh:
    I took a new bump picture and I feel gross about it. I haven't felt "cute" the whole time but I'm definitely not loving the way I look right now. It doesn't help that I've yet to have a single person anywhere ask if I'm pregnant. And, yes, as of yesterday I'm STILL getting the "REALLY?! I can't even tell!" responses when I tell someone who didn't know. :grumble: I'm still feeling like I look really fat instead of pregnant. I really hate that this is still bothering me but I have body image issues to begin with and this isn't helping at all. I mean, I get it -- I look pregnant to me because I know what I looked like before. Like Mel pointed out a few days ago, loooottttttttssss of non-pregnant women (and men! :tongue:) are the same shape as me right now. I know that's why no one says anything -- they're terrified I'm just an unfortunately shaped fat person. I'm not looking for reassurance or anything, I'm just venting.
    /gripe

:smile:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    pmaria- I know what you mean about the weird dreams. The other night I had a dream that I gave birth to Emma at my current gestation, which is a tiny fear of mine. She came out at 4lbs, though, and I was able to take her home soon after delivery. It was really weird. Then last night I had a dream that my sister hid one of my tennis shoes right before I had to pack and leave. She wouldn't tell me where it was and the whole family thought it was funny when I was obviously really mad. I ended up kicking her butt so that I could get my shoe back. SO WEIRD! I woke up tired and in a really bad mood from that one. After my morning shift, I went straight back home and took a two hour nap. I've come to realize that I need to grab sleep whenever I can get it. Between the crazy dreams, the sore hips, and the constant tossing a turning, I get very little sleep at night. My husband says I should skip naps so that I can sleep better at night. I had to explain that I'm not going to sleep well at night regardless.

I tried to wedge something smaller under one side last night so I could sleep on my back. It didn't work. Just felt uncomfortable. Maybe if I just force myself to stay that way til I fall asleep...

Julie- I'm sorry you are having body issues. I am getting there too, but at least I had a good run of feeling cute. If you are anything like me when I have body image issues, I know that nothing we say is going to make you feel better. One thing I keep telling myself is that I am so thankful I lost the weight before getting pregnant. I can't even fathom weighing what I did before MFP and adding what I've gained during this pregnancy to that. Just imagine how you would feel if you hadn't lost so much beforehand. This is probably pretty great in comparison. I'm going to say this again, though. You look like a pregnant person, not a fat person. I think people think they are giving you some sort of compliment by saying they can't tell. They are seriously mistaken, but yeah. I bet they think they are making you feel good by saying something like that.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Littlespy... you are not alone AT ALL. I feel like I look not pregnant and have gotten very comments. But apparently this past weekend my weight ****ed (i am carrying high and all weight gain has clearly been in the baby area), but yesterday my good friend told me I finally look pregnant.

But I still have the B shape going on and just look heavy (not pregnant). UGH...
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Lynn- I wish I could go nesting crazy and get some more stuff done. It sounds like you had a really successful day! There are so many little things I want to buy and organize before the baby comes, but there are two more showers coming up in June. I don't want to spend our money if they are going to give us some (which I know they will). I went ahead and registered for everything I wanted at BRU this weekend. It made me feel like I accomplished something. My husband's parents gave us his old rocking horse. It needs sanded and repainted. That will have to be my project this weekend. If I do something for the baby, even something silly, it makes me breathe easier :smile: I'm sure you know what I mean.
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    meokk- I know what you mean about it being hard to wait to tell. As soon as that pee stick said positive, we told our parents and siblings. That was 4 weeks. We made them swear not to tell anyone, which I was surprised they ended up sticking to. We were going to try to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone else, but as soon as I got back from my first doctor's appointment, I figured we had waited long enough. I think it was something like 8 or 9 weeks then. I understand the fear with the rate of miscarriage being higher for the first trimester, but I figured you can't live in fear and, should the worst happen, I would need the very people who I hadn't yet told the news to to support me. (That was a very awkward sentence :laugh: )
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Okay I'm going to stop being a board hog now. I'm at work and should probably start... working. Welcome to the newcomers! I'm so excited about how busy this board is!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We told our family and close friends right away. There are about 4 people at work and about 4 at church that are our close friends that know! It's so hard not to tell but we had such a traumatic experience last fall we didn't want to tell everyone again like we did then.
    My apt isn't until the 19th and I'm just itching to get there!

I actually got up and made it to the gym this morning, almost not though! My 2 year old is sick so I know my husband wants to go in to work this afternoon when I get home (he's with him today) so I figured I better go early. Well I decided to take little man's temp, he had a fever, but he peed the bed so I had to change him and it woke him up. He wanted nothing to do with my husband when I took him downstairs to our bed but we convinced him Mommy needed to go do something and i'd be back. Did a nice leg workout and did "the beast" some yellow and gray precor machine for 25 min. LOVE IT!

If DH decides not to work tonight i think I'll go to Body Attack! Woohoo! I love that class.
    I do lesmills classes but haven't done combat since the last release came out.

So I have a hard time remember who says everything on here without going back and looking at each! lol I have a response to so many people but by the time I'm ready to respond I forgot it all!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Renee- you are so close! Hang in there!

Lynn- WOW it sounds like you had a very productive day! I need more of those!

Pmaria- that sounds like a restless night! I have had weird dreams too. I wonder why pregnancy makes you do that.

Julie- Like others said you aren’t alone. I feel sort of cute right now but I am sure that’s going to change soon. I really feel sad when I see pictures of me and my flat skinny stomach pre-pregnancy or think of how I could run 13 miles no problem… I worry more about getting back to that afterwards. You really do look pregnant but I never would ask something just because what if they aren’t!

Autty- I know! I usually type mine on word and copy and paste it over because I have the same problem! Sounds like you got a good work out in! I remember that feeling to get to the first apt. We will be thinking about you!

AFM: Has any gotten a swim suit for this summer yet? I am going to the beach 1 month from today WHOO HOO. And I got one maternity swim suit but I hate all the other ones I have found that don’t cost a ton. I just want like a plain black one or something. Anyone else found anything they like? I feel like I need one more for the trip.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Anne: i went swim wear shopping and found this really cute one and it was red well it was not so cute on even though it was maternity so i'm convinced that black is the only way to go. Dresses are the same way for me i felt like i was wearing a tent each time and felt so huge in the fitting room. :(
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Is the 140 heart rate pretty accurate? I've gotten some pointers from 2 of the teachers (who taught through their pregnancies) about scaling back on the jumping, knees and such. Anyone else do the Les Mills classes? Any input/ ideas/ recs?

When I do spin currently I try to stay under 175, but try to average closer to 160. If I hit 180 I take down the intensity for a while since that feels to high for me, while 175 just feels intense, but I can still talk rather comfortably. When i swim I tend to keep it more around 145 / 150 but I think that's just harder to keep up a higher heart rate for me because of less oxygen. Probably similar HR on the elliptical - 150 or 160. Working out at 130 is noting for me - just a fast walk, so I definitely don't try to keep it down there.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    AFM: Has any gotten a swim suit for this summer yet? I am going to the beach 1 month from today WHOO HOO. And I got one maternity swim suit but I hate all the other ones I have found that don’t cost a ton. I just want like a plain black one or something. Anyone else found anything they like? I feel like I need one more for the trip.

No! I have been looking like crazy but haven't found much :ohwell: I need one though- my prime months are July/August/Sept :laugh: ..... :sad:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Had an apt this morning. First mention of my weight so far, but she said "you haven't gained a lot have you" I said "I feel like I have!" ... apparently she was initially a little concerned on how I would measure because when I lied back "my stomach disappeared" - ok I'll take that! :laugh: :laugh: Then she was like... oh, you have a long torso!

I met with anesthesia at the hospital after that. That was probably good because it made me know where parking and Labor and Delivery is since I'm not planning any sort of tour. (Side note, from what i can tell, WOW their recovery rooms are TINY! I am hoping that is not an actual room I saw! It was like 10x10... the hospital I was at last time had the same rooms for delivery as recovery and they were nice and spacious). I've decided I hope I go into labor in the middle of the night so we are not fighting traffic and so we can find a parking spot! :laugh: Anesthesia was very pro epidural and one of their biggest support causes was in case I need an emergency C/S Sounds sort of counter intuitive! I just want to have the option there and wanted to be sure my back surgery wouldn't interfere with it if I decide to get one.

Now I have to take my son in for a physical for registering for preschool. I was so mad last night because I took 40 minutes looking for his shot record which I had 3 minutes earlier and it disappeared! I had to go pick up a new one this morning since we're seeing a new ped today. Frustrating. Same thing happened this weekend when I lost one of my fav shirts. No idea where it went!

I dreamed the other day I woke up and caught my husband watching the royal wedding... god I hope that was a dream! :laugh: :laugh:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Anne - My sister gave me her old maternity swim suit. The top fits AWESOME. Its all black and its a dress style but its 2 piece. I havent tried on the bottoms yet. Worst case I will go get one that sits under my big belly. I wont get to wear it that much though. Memorial Day is my last trip to the beach/their boat. I refuse to travel more than 1 hour away from our house after June 8th.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    No swimsuits for me this summer. *shudder* At least not until after baby is here.

Mel -- I DID wake up and catch my husband watching the royal wedding!!! He wasn't *really* watching it, he just had the TV on & was sitting in the room next to it doing whatever the hell he does when he stays up all night.

I love my homemade laundry soap so much that I've been researching all kinds of similar homemade products. I'll be trying homemade hand soap over the next couple of days. Then, this weekend (as soon as my citric acid comes in the mail :laugh:), homemade dishwasher detergent. Also, as soon as I can empty out a spray bottles, I'll be making homemade fabric freshener. And some day I may even venture into the land of bar soap (but that's a while away I'm sure). Looks like I have a new hobby.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    well heres the question of the day do we ever get all the stuff that we want done? cause it seems the more i get done the more i find to do... lol.. i was up cleaning at 430 and i dont feel that i did alot... but my husband says that im going crazy that the house has be the cleanest its ever been but i feel that its sooo dirty....
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Julie - those people who know you now and before are crazy to not think you are preggo. I've seen enough before photos of you to KNOW that you totally look pregnant now and I've never even seen you in real life !!!!! You look great to me and firmly pregnant, just embrace it, it's not fat - it's healthy baby-growing matter and Maisie (?) needs it !!! What name did you decide on anyway or have you not??

Anne Elise - since I'm off to Hawaii I just panicked about bathing suits because my current ones are just a little snug. Not being able to find a maternity suit that I liked or would be suitable for my not-yet-very-large belly I ended up buying mix and match tops and bottoms from Land's End. They have a decent selection and I just ordered a larger size bottom than normal so the waist is larger.
    I'll let you know if they work out once they arrive on Wednesday.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

Mine is at least 2-3 seasons old, since it came in the bag of maternity clothes from my SIL whose kid is almost 2.... but anyway, it's a tankini from Liz Lange maternity (for Target). It's a typical full bottom bikini type bottom that goes under my stomach and a tankini halter top. I like it. It's a little hard to swim laps in because I can't push off the wall hard for fear of losing the bottoms :laugh: but that's OK, that's not cardio swimming anyway, that's just gliding! So i just consider it more exercise to not push off the walls! :happy: It's just started getting to the point where it doesn't TOTALLY cover the very bottom part of my stomach but just a tiny sliver if at all. And I dont care if in the water that part floats around a little rather than stay down, since it's the most practical suit I can have (and free) and I swim twice a week, so it's nice to have.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone on your exercise challenge! Also, thanks to everyone who had nice comments on my picture.

AnneElise: I hope your power returns soon! That would be super frustrating. I can’t wait to see pictures of your nursery though. Good job on the exercise challenge! Way to stick with it. I haven’t really thought about swimming suits. I am hoping I can just avoid getting one all together. lol

Hkystar: I am glad your appointment went well. 30 weeks along, sweet! You are getting close.

Lynn: That’s awesome about your work shower! I think that my work is going to throw me a shower. Sounds like you got some nice things. Oh, and way to go on getting all of that done. Make sure you pamper yourself tonight.

Pmaria: Sorry about the snow! Yuck! That is definitely not fun to have over the weekend. I am looking forward to consistent nice weather here. It seems to be teasing us. But then in Utah it usually skips most of Spring and just goes from winter straight to a hot hot summer.

Brittony: I feel the same in the sense that I am stressing about gaining weight and losing it after I give birth, but then I don’t have the motivation to eat all the right choices. It’s hard. I am glad your dr. apt went well too. It is nice to have someone who is good at answering questions. If you like the new guy better I’d definitely consider switching over.

Mel: That’ll be nice if you have someone to take care of your son when your have your baby! Hopefully it works out as planned.

Julie: I’m sorry you’ve had rough nights sleeping, and I am sorry you had a hard day at work Monday. It’s rough when people die anyway.

Autty: Welcome to our group and congratulations!

Ron: Your story was really funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Danielle: Yay for Friday!! I can’t wait to hear what you are having! How exciting for you.

Peanutrenee: I hope you are having a better day today.

Annebelle: I hope you are feeling better!!

Meokk: Lucky! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Good for you though, I hope you have a great time.

Collinsclan: Good job on the exercise challenge! I remember how hard it was to keep it a secret! I didn’t tell anyone except my husband until I was about 11 weeks! It was rough. When do you plan on telling people?

Remaho80: Welcome! I hope you have good success in ttc.

Newmrsdec: Welcome! I think 140 is a good number, at least that is the number my doctor told me to try to keep my heart rate around. I also think you can listen to your body, just don’t overheat yourself or overdo it.

Ok, so I am sorry I got so behind, and sorry to take up so much space! Hope you have a good night tonight. I will keep you posted on my massage. :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    was hoping to get to the gym tonight since i had Drs apts this morning instead of my usual lap swim. But it's 6:50 and I still am not off work (thanks boss for calling at 6:05... that didn't help). I have to turn in an artist interview schedule before i can leave too and I am waiting on one more confirmation.

But that means no gym yesterday (i generally don't go in the evenings that my husband is not working because it annoys him) or today. I'll have to make an effort to make it on Thursday, usually my off day, this week, especially since I can't go to spin Sat morning because I have a pancake breakfast tickets. Great.... that's opposite what i need to be doing! :noway: Hubby for some reason got me 4 tickets and thinks I will somehow find someone to take with me and my son to use the other 2? How long has he known me? I don't know anyone to take! I'd invite my new across the street neighbor and her 4 yr old, but I've only met her once and she mentioned that she works usually on Saturdays so I don't know if I want to offer to her or not... i hate being rejected even for legitimate reasons. Probably because i always feel obligated to take people up on things so I always figure it'd be a hassle for them to grudgingly take me up on something... Like a super early Saturday morning breakfast.... ah well. I will probably give them to someone at the door. It was probably one of those 2 for $10 or 4 for $15 deals...

Anyway... not looking goon on the exercise this week...