Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Good morning everyone. Went of a nice 4 mile run this morning, which is unusual because I did just 3 miles last night, and usually take a break in between runs, but felt good today ans the weather was beautiful, so why not. Now, off to errands, chores, coaching, and Christmas shopping!
  • MikePXstream
    Tough weekend for my family. We lost our best family companion yesterday. He was with us for 12 years, helped raise my children, helped train our other dog, and protected us. We was the most loyal dog I have ever had.
  • MikePXstream
    Hi, I am a mother of 2 (almost 3 years old and 3 month baby) - I recently joined a gym and I am trying to work out as often as I can - I will be going back to work soon so I know it will be extra challenging to find time for myself. I cook mostly during the weekends and make quick meals during the week.

Good for you. I need to get better at food prep. I try to at least once a month. i need it to be once a week.
  • clandrum1984
    clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
    Mama to three beautiful babies (ages 5,3 and 5months). Looking for support, encouragement,other people who need to lose a significant amount of weight (all while leading normal daily schedules) :smiley:
  • MikePXstream
    Mama to three beautiful babies (ages 5,3 and 5months). Looking for support, encouragement,other people who need to lose a significant amount of weight (all while leading normal daily schedules) :smiley:

Welcome to the party!
  • MikePXstream
    How many of you meal prep? That is one of the hardest things for me to do. But, I have discovered that when I do, I eat way better for the week. It takes me about 1-2 hours on Saturday to get most of my meals ready for the week. but it is so worth it. I work Sun-Thur, that is why I prep on Saturdays. Roasted potatoes, hard boiled eggs, fresh veggies, turkey meat balls, just to name a few.

How about you all?
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Well don't know how you do all that and keep up with so many friends but would love some help if you wouldn't mind another challenge.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2014
    How many of you meal prep? That is one of the hardest things for me to do. But, I have discovered that when I do, I eat way better for the week. It takes me about 1-2 hours on Saturday to get most of my meals ready for the week. but it is so worth it. I work Sun-Thur, that is why I prep on Saturdays. Roasted potatoes, hard boiled eggs, fresh veggies, turkey meat balls, just to name a few.

How about you all?

I try... B) Last weekend I made lasagna and shepherds pie. I prepped same veggies for both dishes and put both in the oven at the same time. We ate a serving of the lasagna and froze the rest, we still have leftovers of both meals. Today or tomorrow I will make individual pizzas (just dough and sauce) and pre-bake it then put in the freezer..Then when i want to eat that I put some toppings and bake for another 10-15 minutes..
  • MikePXstream
    Here is an article shared with me by a team mate of mine. Good stuff and touches on food prep as well as other beneficial nutrition tips. bit.ly/1r30eH9
  • MikePXstream
    Well don't know how you do all that and keep up with so many friends but would love some help if you wouldn't mind another challenge.

It's all about scheduling and making appointments for myself with the different things I need to get done.
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member

How about you all?

This is what I need to start doing, I would benefit from this a lot. Thank you for some ideas.
  • MikePXstream
    Hey everyone. I hope you have a safe and fun New Years Eve with your friends and family! Chat with you next year ;-)
  • Hi, everyone! I'm a single mom to 5. I find my issue is coming up with healthy meals that every one will eat. Often times I am making myself something separate to eat, which can be very frustrating. I am constantly trying to come up with new ideas. 1 kid won't touch veggies at all, the others will sometimes. One, luckily will eat just about anything. Anyone is welcome to add me, and hopefully we can help each other along this journey.
  • MikePXstream
    Dessalena wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I'm a single mom to 5. I find my issue is coming up with healthy meals that every one will eat. Often times I am making myself something separate to eat, which can be very frustrating. I am constantly trying to come up with new ideas. 1 kid won't touch veggies at all, the others will sometimes. One, luckily will eat just about anything. Anyone is welcome to add me, and hopefully we can help each other along this journey.

I sometimes fin myself cooking something different for myself. My kids are picky eaters too. No matter how many times I try to encourage them to try something new, it never works well. My wife too. Not big on vegetables. Well, not the ones I like. She is fine with mixed veggies, like peas, carrots, corn, and green beans, but tomatoes, bell peppers, and such - not so much. So, I just keep trying and eventually, hopefully, they will see the light!
  • MikePXstream
    It's Thirsty Thursday! well, that's what I call it. This is the day I encourage myself and others to focus on hydration. sure it should be something you do everyday, but if you are not a regular at it, then make today the day to start. The goal is half your weight in ounces. so, if you weigh 200 lbs, then your target is 100 ounces. Too easy right? I have 24 in so far. share how you do today. Have a great day everyone!

xnycnj1asglx.gif
  • learnlaughlove
    learnlaughlove Posts: 5 Member
    Hey. Saw this group. I use to use MFP way back when after u had my daughter. Was going good and somehow dwindled. Anyways I guess I'm "new" again lol, I'm a single mom of 2 kids. Daughter is almost 4 and my son just turned 1 last month. I promised myself that along with them this year I would also take care of me. Feel free to add me!
  • I am a first time father with a daughter who at 9 months has me wrapped around her finger. Before she was born I really did not care about fitness at all and just saw it as a way to one up my co-workers and tease my wife. But after a witnessing the ravages of a stroke and coming to terms with my inherited High Blood Pressure (i.e. random nose bleeds and splitting head aches) I think its time I do some preventative maintenance.

My first question is where do you find the time to work out without feeling like a jerk due in part my wife is wanting to workout to.
  • MikePXstream
    I am a first time father with a daughter who at 9 months has me wrapped around her finger. Before she was born I really did not care about fitness at all and just saw it as a way to one up my co-workers and tease my wife. But after a witnessing the ravages of a stroke and coming to terms with my inherited High Blood Pressure (i.e. random nose bleeds and splitting head aches) I think its time I do some preventative maintenance.

My first question is where do you find the time to work out without feeling like a jerk due in part my wife is wanting to workout to.

I schedule mine like an appointment for myself. Monday through Friday I set aside time between 4:30 - 5:30 to get my workouts in. This is immediately after I get home from work. I am not a morning person, so getting up extra early is not going to happen. Saturdays I schedule it between 9:00 - 10:00 usually, depending on what I have going on. I put them in my google calendar, so it shows up on my phone, tablet, whatever. My recommendation is find a time that works out best for you and your wife an start scheduling them. If you miss that time, then try to get it in later that day, or schedule a make up for the next day.

• @MikePXstream thanks for the advise. When you put it like that It feels less like I'm hauling @$$ out the door as soon as she gets off to get a quick 30-45mins in.

• MikePXstream
    @barebones_fit‌ my pleasure. Hopefully that will help you out!
This discussion has been closed.