Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    d51thm5lga0o.jpg
    ...And this is what he came home from work with today, Chocolate Covered Oreos by Godiva! nslgyiz8w7ww.png
    :D
    Oh and, my Christmas Stargazers came yesterday!
    Thanks Tom <3 You indeed are the BEST :)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Robin, the bobbin will tangle if you don't hold the threads for the first few stitches as you begin sewing. Just pull both threads out behind your work and get a firm hold on them for a few stitches. After so long not being used, its too bad you can't have the machine serviced. That can cost $75-$100. Be sure to oil it good before you start to use it. I'm sure you can find YouTube instructions for that. Use a quality sewing machine oil. Also be sure you have good sharp needles. Size 12 or 14 are good for most fabrics. The bigger the number, the larger the needle.
    How's that for a bunch of unsolicited advice? Good luck.
    Kaye
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That I get right to work on my to-do's at home tonight after work and we have the basement all set for tomorrow's new flooring installation. We're getting new carpet and vinyl down there. It was probably time for the carpet to be replaced soon anyway, but as a push, our sewer backed up and got onto the carpet on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Yuck! So, the last few weeks have involved packing up all of the kids toys that are down there and all of our other junk so that my husband could start ripping out the old stuff and we still need to make room for the new. The flooring guy is coming tomorrow, and it still looks like hell down there. And the main floor is full of Christmas. My inner neat freak is freaking out! I hope the installation is quick and painless so I can get my house back to my neat-nik standards!!

• humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back into this thing! I was here last year this time and had lost a few pounds, but went by the wayside and gained it all back. Now, as I am looking toward being a first time grandma next month (YAY!) I need to get into some sort of better condition and health in order to be able to keep up with this baby girl when she starts moving around! My friend tells me it requires constant movement and energy!
    As I scroll thru , I see some folks who were on here last year- Hello!......... and some new ones--happy to make your acquaintance!. I will hang around and read posts and get back into this discussion!
    Camille
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @hansea~Hooray for the loss! I’ve found that if I have something to do when I get home I need to get to it immediately—once I hit the couch it’s all over! :wink:

@Camille~Welcome back!

@Amy (Mrs. Morgori)~Any cookies left?! :lol: Shame on Tom for bringing home such indulgent foods, but yum! Flowers are beautiful. Such a lucky girl. :smile:

@Pedi~Welcome! Its good to set small goals for yourself, I did that at first also—makes this whole process seem less daunting.

@Niki~Soup looks delish, thanks for sharing the recipe.

@Mara~Snacks for me usually involve some kind of carb and a protein. This morning it was non-fat yogurt with almonds and this afternoon it’s an apple and Luna bar. Other good options are veggie sticks with hummus, celery stuffed with peanut butter or a low-fat veggie cream cheese.

AFM~Not much to report. My Wednesday wish is for things to let up at work, too much going on—don’t see that happening any time soon though. :frowning: Looking forward to some down time next week—we only get Christmas Day off so taking the 26th off to have a long weekend.
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks to everyone for their snacking ideas!! I will surely use them this week....as holidays approach.
    Hello @ pedidiva and humble heart...I don't believe I have seen you yet. I'm new, but enjoying reading the posts. Thanks to all of you for your kindness always.
    Rock on!
    Mara
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Robin... No, technically not a new doctor. They pooled all the doctors who have offices at the county hospital into one health team recently. So when they called to book my physical they gave me the option of using my own doctor or the female nurse practitioner. I chose the NP instead of my GP, I think I would feel much more comfortable with any doctor other than my own. (Plan next year is to change doctors for sure).

I am happy to say that I had a very good day today! For the first time in months I turned on the radio, sang along to the songs on my way home from work. I smiled more at work, I laughed. I am finally lifting out of this depressive fog I've been in since September. A friend posted something on Facebook this morning that really struck me and made me think about how I was handling the breakup and loss of my boyfriend. I've clung to his memory too long and I've finally let go... and am moving on. This post is about anything you get out of it. The first time I read it, only 2 lines jumped out at me. Later after reading it again, I found an entirely different meaning.

"HEY YOU"

yes, you. stop being unhappy with yourself. you are perfect. stop wishing you looked like someone else or wishing people liked you as much as they like someone else. stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks. love them. without those things you wouldn't be you. and why would you want to be anyone else? be confident with who you are. smile. it'll draw people in. if anyone hates on you because you are happy with yourself then you stick your middle finger in the air and say screw it. my happiness will not depend on others anymore. I'm happy because I love who I am. I love my flaws. I love my imperfections. they make me me. and 'me' is pretty amazing.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just popping in tonight.

I will second Kah's wish that things calm down at work and in life.
    The project my kids are working on this week is great but it is wearing me out. I am totally exhausted by the end of the day. The good news is that tomorrow the kids should be finished, then we can go back to the classroom. My students have been making stop motion video this week based on Newton's first and 2nd law of motion. We have been spending time teaching the kids how to take multiple photos with mm of difference between pictures, downloading and tomorrow we will be editing the movies. This should be interesting to see how they put the videos together to make them somewhat realistic.

It will be another early night even though there is still work to be done.

Grading goals:
    60 more unit 3 test must be done by Friday
    116 marble labs
    30 Christmas cards to write for kids (I think the school believes we have all the free time in the world.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@lauriek--that sounds like a really great project. I'm wondering if you find that teaching the kids to use the technology takes away time to teach the science content. Has there been any decrease in the amount of content you are required to teach to allow for that time? In my district we are really struggling with integrating the technology skills is challenging. I can learn to use it, but finding the time to teach the students to use it cuts into the time I have to teach the English skills that they need. I'm wondering how schools in other areas are handling the same issue. Hope you get that grading done--hang in there! Just a few more days! :smile:

@mara--I think everyone else covered my "go to" snacks. Hummus is one of my favorites--love it so much I sometimes eat a double serving with triscuits as my meal instead of just limiting it to snacks. I also love cottage cheese, goat cheese and crackers, and nuts as savory snacks. If I'm in the mood for something sweet I'll have a small piece of dark chocolate, a little peanut butter mixed with hershey's special dark chocolate cocoa powder, or a frutare mango bar.

@kelley--good for you for taking the extra day to get a long weekend!

@camille--welcome back!!

@hansea--I hope the flooring installation goes smoothly. Those types of projects are always such a mess, but it's so nice when they are finished.

I think I missed a few of you but will catch you next time. I'm also wondering how susan's move back to Atlanta went. I may have to text her if she doesn't pop in to update us soon.

AFM--today was a pretty good day at work. Still navigating all of the absences as my AP kids try to finish their group presentations--2 of the 3 classes are done. I also can sympathize with laurie about how tiring projects can be. After running up and down the stairs for all of my AP classes last week so they could work in the library to research these presentations, this week it's my juniors who are doing research. The library classroom wasn't available, so I'm using a laptop cart and book cart to allow them to research in my classroom. It's a lot of running around to gather the carts from other teachers who are using them other class periods. Then during class I feel like I'm being run ragged as 30 kids vie for my attention/help throughout each class period. I will be glad when they are finished on Friday.

Despite that whirlwind, it felt like an easy day b/c I actually got to come home after work instead of heading to a meeting. I went to the gym and did some lower body and core work, then 2 miles on the treadmill. My shoulder has been suspiciously not hurting the past few days, so no upper body work in hopes that it's finally healing. If not, then it's off to the doctor over the break.

Foodwise, I ate a lot of crap today but still managed to stay under calories. Tomorrow will be another challenge b/c there are a lot of leftovers from today, plus I'm going to dinner with a friend before we go to the BOE meeting to take notes.

Wed Wish:
    That everyone who has been ill or hurt is on the mend and all better for the rest of this holiday season.

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 16/17 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 4/17 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 64/66 AP essays
    2. x/16 analysis activities
    3. x/66 Tone tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--meeting
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    @ Tanya: Great news. I love your quote. Very inspiring. I can see why it helped you turn a corner. Keep on rocking, girl!!
    @ Skinnyjeans...thanks for the ideas for yummy snacks...never can have too many.

Yesterday was a good on track day, especially considering that I brought the wrong lunch and had to rethink the day on the fly (not my specialty). Lost a pound and a half this week. I'm in a good space, though I am HUNGRY for snacks. Will have to plan in some of your most awesome suggestions.

Take care and keep on keeping on. You guys are all awesome!
    Mara
  • kah68
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okay, I'm almost ashamed to be posting another cookie recipe. :blush: But this one comes from a healthy newsletter I get--the nutritional stats aren't horrible and these are super easy. Besides, who doesn't :heart: Nutella?!

I think peanut butter could easily be substituted if you don't like almond butter. Also, you can use regular sugar if you don't want to go to the expense of raw turbinado sugar.

EASY 5-Ingredient Nutella Almond Cookies

Servings: 12 • Size: 2 cookies
    Calories: 158 • Fat: 10 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 4 g • Sugar: 13 g
    Cholesterol: 16 mg • Sodium: 43 mg

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup Nutella
    • 1/2 cup chunky almond butter
    • 1/3 cup raw sugar
    • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
    • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    • cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven. Spray two nonstick baking sheets lightly with cooking spray or use a silpat.

In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients with a spatula until well combined. Spoon 1 level tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.

Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.

Bake until golden around the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Let cool before removing.

Makes 24 cookies.
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LOL Yes, I have cookies left, YAY...so rich, I will have one per day til they are gone...and I'm NOT sharing them! But I am going to make Kah68's cookies for Morgori this weekend while baking with my Mom and Sisters, those sound GREAT and pretty simple :) Thanks for the share.
    Have a GREAT Day and Be Well Y'all <3
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Bake Cookies Day
    When: Always December 18th
    'Ya gotta just love Bake Cookies Day.........
    ..... Christmas is for Christians
    ..... Hanukkah is just for Jews
    .... Ramadan is for those of Islamic descent
    ..... Kwanzaa is for those of African origin
    ..... Native American Day is for American Indians
    But, Bake Cookies Day is for EVERYONE!
    Bake Cookies Day comes at an opportune time. It arrives amidst the major December holidays. It serves as a reminder to bake holiday cookies, if you haven't done so already.
    People, young and old, celebrate this day by baking their favorite cookies. Make a party of it, and bake cookies in groups with family, friends, kids and grandkids. Don't stop at baking just one kind of cookies. Plan to bake a number of cookies. Try a new recipe, or two, or three, or....
    If you bake more than you can eat, good for you! Wrap up gift trays filled with cookies for friends and neighbors. Most cookies freeze well, too.
    Important Note: we are very surprised that Bake Cookies Day is not immediately followed by "Eat Cookies Day". We did not even find an Eat Cookies Day. So you can, and should, eat them everyday!.

“The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs…one step at a time.” ~Joe Girard

Tom
  • kah68
    Options
    @Karen~Susan has been updating her move on FB. I think her new job is going well and that she’s glad to be back in Atlanta (minus the traffic)—the movers arrived yesterday with her furniture and Cyrus arrives Saturday. Also, her close friend that was battling cancer lost his fight last week. I hope she checks in with us soon, I miss her too.

@Mara~Definitely plan for snacks, helps to get you thru the in between times so you don’t make unhealthy choices if you get hungry. Awesome loss this week! :star:

@Tanya~ What a great post on FB you found; it came along at the right time. I’m glad it put things in perspective for you to allow yourself to emerge from your depression—things are starting to look up. :smile:

AFM~Life is just busy, so far only weight training this week no cardio (luckily I get some cardio in those sessions). I hope I get out of my doctor’s appointment (fingers crossed last this year) this afternoon to make it to the gym for cardio—I need to bake some cookies tonight for work tomorrow, so time is tight.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I just wanted to pop on and say hi and let you know though I am not posting much at them moment I am keeping up with all of you and happy to see everyone doing so well for the most part. As usual with hubby home and the holidays this time of year I barely get a moment to myself but I have been steadily taking off some of the weight I gained back over the last six months so keeping so busy must be working for me. I hope you all continue to do well. Have a great day everyone. :)
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my absence lately! The last couple weeks were a whirlwind of Christmas prep, activities and travel culminating in a nasty bout of influenza (and I had a flu shot!!!) and now pneumonia. My December All-In Challenge is now my All-Done Challenge! Humbug!

I flew to be with my daughter's family to attend the grands recitals/concerts/parties and attend the MoTab Christmas concert and didn't get to do any of it. The saddest bit was missing my 15-y-o granddaughter's final performance in The Match Girl. Also worried I infected the entire household. Grandson is starting to cough. Flew home last night wearing a mask.

Talked son into having an open house this weekend and promised to do much of the cooking and prep, and now too sick. (Last time I make that mistake.) All I can think of is CostCo. Any suggestions?

Enough about me. More than 160 posts later, I can barely keep up. I'll be checking in more now since I'm sidelined.

Stay well, everyone, and have a happy, healthy holiday season.

P.S.-Did lose nearly 3# last week, but who feels like eating when you can't breathe?
  • kah68
    Options
    @Marsha(GW)~Yuck, I’m so sorry for the flu. :frowning: This year’s flu vaccine is less effective because of the mutation of the virus, it only covers us for two strains—people that are testing positive have H3N2 which is not covered under the current vaccine (figures). People are dropping like flies at work—I want to stay home in a bubble. :fearful: And for it to turn into pneumonia, I’m sorry. I can empathize with pneumonia, I used to come down with it anytime I caught a cold, until I got the vaccine several years ago. Wishing you a speedy recovery! I think Sam’s or Costco is a great idea for the open house this weekend--they should be able to take care of everything. I think you can order ahead of time, then maybe send your son to pick it up. Take a look at their websites.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread! I try to surround myself on MFP with those people who have similar goals to me. I find there is less judgment and often more support that way, since we are all going through the same ups and downs of losing this 100 pounds.

Nice to see you all! My name is Rachelle and I am 91 days in to this journey to lose 100 pounds. I started at 317 and have now lost 40 pounds. It's a lot less daunting to look at the number and "only" have to lose 60 instead of 100. I'm 5'9" and big boned, so my ultimate goal is 215, maybe eventually 200.

I'm a happily married mother of an almost 11 month old baby boy. I'm a pescatarian and eat a lot of faux meat in my diet and was just recently introduced to straight up tofu and love it.

Nice to meet you all-- feel free to add me as a friend- like I said, I like to surround myself with people with similar goals!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have pushed the wrong button or something. I'm getting strange horizontal display of your posts, but can't figure out how to get out of here and back to where I can log food and exercise.
    One thing about being sick is that I am losing weight, about a pound a day. I'm sure it will only be temporary.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    How in the world am I supposed to get this thread to show up on my recent discussions?