What TRULY Gets under your Skin? Just Really ERRRKKSS You?

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Just because something is difficult, doesn't make it a sport. I'm not saying one way or the other on what is or isn't a sport. I'm just saying that just because something requires athleticism and is difficult, that doesn't make it a sport in my opinion.

According to the dictionary: a sport is an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

Not the dictionary I use.

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options

According to the dictionary: a sport is an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

Not the dictionary I use.

[/quote]

This kind of trolling really gets under my skin. lettin it go....
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    People who spell lose as "loose". I actually had to cut down on reading posts because it. There are way too many people that do that on here, and it makes my skin crawl every time!!

This drives me insane.

• Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    People who never go to the dentist/get teeth cleaned then complain when their teeth hurt and they have to shell out $$$$ for procedures they never would have needed if they just went even once a year. You did it to yourself!!!!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Misogyny.
  • jessupbrady
    Options
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    people who don't watch their children in public! It's like hello?? Do you watch the news?? People steal these tiny humans! Plus your kids breaking stuff! WATCH THEM!!

This!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    when a news announcer says something like "he is accused of murdering two prostitutes or the body of a prostitute was found" can't manage to say the womens name makes me sooooo sooo upset every single time "no big deal its just another dead hooker everyone"

so i guess in general seeing the stigma,violence & disrespect sex workers have to face everyday gets on my nerves big time
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

This kind of trolling really gets under my skin. lettin it go....

Are you kidding me? I'm not a troll.

My apologies that you thought so.

• jessupbrady
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    when a news announcer says something like "he is accused of murdering two prostitutes or the body of a prostitute was found" can't manage to say the womens name makes me sooooo sooo upset every single time "no big deal its just another dead hooker everyone"

so i guess in general seeing the stigma,violence & disrespect sex workers have to face everyday gets on my nerves big time

When they remove the personality from the news like this; whether it be a person's status, race, religion, anything to get out of using a name.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Concerning fitness, people who allow their dogs to roam free, especially dogs that like to bark, chase, and/or attack runners, cyclists, kids, dogs properly on a leash, etc.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

When they remove the personality from the news like this; whether it be a person's status, race, religion, anything to get out of using a name.

Also perhaps the family of those killed have not been yet notified either... no one wants to hear a family member of their has been murdered with everyone else watching the 10 o'clock news.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Girls that think it's my obligation to put the toilet seat down...

I live with three boys. I gave up and lift the seat when I am done.

My peeves are water on the floor and being told never mind.

If you get water on the floor, wipe that ish up! I cannot tell you how many times my boys have busted their bottoms because they are too lazy to wipe it up and too energetic to just walk.

When someone starts to say something and then changes their mind it drives me insane. Just give me the information!! Once you started you better finish. I will lose my *kitten*.

• JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Women who don't shave their legs

Yes this and underarms, ladies I beg you.... in the gym... yes for the love of God please shave...they give you razors...J...D...I
  • jessupbrady
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    Also perhaps the family of those killed have not been yet notified either... no one wants to hear a family member of their has been murdered with everyone else watching the 10 o'clock news.

I couldn't imagine that! it would be so horrible.
    On the topic of news, I also hate news channels that repeat the same stories over and over every 60 minutes instead of talking about other things that have happened in the world.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »

and you totally ignoring the last sentence i said of what really gets under my nerves and only focus on the symptom of it

nioce
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an incredibly P.C. environment where you would practically get fired for saying "handicapped"...I'll admit it was very over the top in a lot of ways, but a lot of the preferred language really stuck with me. So it bothers me tons when people who in my view "should know better" (like teachers, social workers, medical personnel) make errors in this realm. For example, a teacher saying, "We have a bunch of downs kids at the school where I teach". I know it doesn't TRULY matter if she calls them "several children with Down syndrome" but it still really gets under my skin to hear some of this stuff.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Misspelling. (i.e. "erk" vs. irk)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    HYPOCRISY...