16-17 154-735
    18-39 332-896 ng/dL
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Is getting T levels checked part of a normal physical, or do you have to pay extra for it typically? I've never had it done, but I'd be curious to see what mine were. I just assume they're fine since I want to smash weights and everything else in my site if you know what i'm sayin...

I requested is specifically, it's not normally done.

There's a few indicators like fatigue that had me concerned, so I asked for it, and my doc said, make it so.

Yeah, fatigue is generally the first indicator. Generally feeling like a bag of **** and weakness are big signs.

I should have mine tested then lulz... wonder if they would give me shots for that.

I'd be okay with it. I want bigger lifts damnnnnit

Just be careful with that. If I get a little too much on the protocol, I grow hair, might get a little uneven emotionally, and a few other fairly benign side effects*. If you do that, things can go south really quickly (or at least that's what I've heard).

*(Well, I guess there's that whole liver damage thing at too high doses for too long to worry about too.)

I thought liver damage was with oral dosing only.

That actually sounds right. I just know that my doctor freaked out a little at my high test results and ordered the test to confirm.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    What is the average t level for us 23 year olds? 230000000x10/\4th?

I don't think they've invented numbers that high yet. Fricken kids. :D

Don't be jelly brah. ;)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    jelly bra.

Silicone-Bra---Beauty-equipment-10531513562.jpg
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    after my working sets of 325x3, 335x2, and 405x1 i finished off with a 225x20 close grip burn down set. have to admit, it felt really good. great overall chest/tri pump...
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options
    I was at the gym yesterday just doing a light workout alone and I was watching what looked like two 18/19 year old kids at the benches. They loaded up what I think was 350 on the bar. I was resting between sets so I just sat up and watched to see what was about to unfold because I knew it would be absolutely impossible for either of them to push that weight.

After getting each other all jacked up, one of them started the lift. He brought the bar down 3 inches and freaked out then his friend deadlifted the bar back onto the rack. Then they celebrated as if it was a clean lift. I started laughing then went back to my workout.

TLDR: Watching people ego lift is comical.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Is getting T levels checked part of a normal physical, or do you have to pay extra for it typically? I've never had it done, but I'd be curious to see what mine were. I just assume they're fine since I want to smash weights and everything else in my site if you know what i'm sayin...

I requested is specifically, it's not normally done.

There's a few indicators like fatigue that had me concerned, so I asked for it, and my doc said, make it so.

Yeah, fatigue is generally the first indicator. Generally feeling like a bag of **** and weakness are big signs.

I should have mine tested then lulz... wonder if they would give me shots for that.

I'd be okay with it. I want bigger lifts damnnnnit

You're already basically become a man with all that lifting (I see through that makeup that only *kitten* clowns wear in the gym) so you might as well complete the transformation.
    Don't tempt me.... I've seen some damn beautiful men as women- perhaps I can have more better lifts- AND still rock my clown make up ;) LMAO
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    priscilla, queen of the desert. nuff said.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I recently had them done a few years ago from doc request. He and an endocrinologist cannot figure out what my body is doing with my testosterone. Also the range of T levels is so broad.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I was at the gym yesterday just doing a light workout alone and I was watching what looked like two 18/19 year old kids at the benches. They loaded up what I think was 350 on the bar. I was resting between sets so I just sat up and watched to see what was about to unfold because I knew it would be absolutely impossible for either of them to push that weight.

After getting each other all jacked up, one of them started the lift. He brought the bar down 3 inches and freaked out then his friend deadlifted the bar back onto the rack. Then they celebrated as if it was a clean lift. I started laughing then went back to my workout.

Maybe he felt like that 90 degree rule that non lifter use or he though he was doing a negative.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jlclabo wrote: »
    after my working sets of 325x3, 335x2, and 405x1 i finished off with a 225x20 close grip burn down set. have to admit, it felt really good. great overall chest/tri pump...

Nice!
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited December 2014
    Options

That's when you get the camera out because a YouTube moment is about to happen! But yeah, they will go home and tell all their friends they benched 350. Reminds me of a coworker who tried to tell me her 17 year old son could bench 450 at 160lbs. I've seen the kid, he is about 5'10" and skinny. The only way he got 450 was with some big guys foot in his forehead.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    priscilla, queen of the desert. nuff said.

Now I want to play ping pong for some strange reason! ;)
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    How much does bodyweight play into this? I can 1RM 135 bench press (barely) but I only weigh 130... I know it is a good amount of weight for a woman anyway, but I was thinking that someone who weighs maybe 150 -175 probably thinks it is easier? Just curious if higher goals are "better" if you weigh more? Or is it irrelevant since it is all pretty much chest in this case? For a man, 225 is good goal if you weigh 225 or less? Men are stronger in chest so maybe a little different for them?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    How much does bodyweight play into this? I can 1RM 135 bench press (barely) but I only weigh 130... I know it is a good amount of weight for a woman anyway, but I was thinking that someone who weighs maybe 150 -175 probably thinks it is easier? Just curious if higher goals are "better" if you weigh more? Or is it irrelevant since it is all pretty much chest in this case? For a man, 225 is good goal if you weigh 225 or less? Men are stronger in chest so maybe a little different for them?

yes- you're weight/size plays a part of it- there is a reason why people use things like Wilkes- it essentially will equalize the comparison between different weight classes/genders etc.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options

Yes, bench press is very much proportionate to body weight. I suspect it is somewhat of a bell curve. As you get heavier, your bench will probably be stronger, but once you reach a certain weight, your bench will begin to decrease again as your overall fitness begins to drop.

No matter what videos you see or what comments you read, a 225 bench press is really good for most men. The average Joe walking around on the streets will not be able to bench 225 pounds unless he begins training. The average woman will not be able to bench 135 pounds either under the same circumstances.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Yes, bench press is very much proportionate to body weight. I suspect it is somewhat of a bell curve. As you get heavier, your bench will probably be stronger, but once you reach a certain weight, your bench will begin to decrease again as your overall fitness begins to drop.

No matter what videos you see or what comments you read, a 225 bench press is really good for most men. The average Joe walking around on the streets will not be able to bench 225 pounds unless he begins training. The average woman will not be able to bench 135 pounds either under the same circumstances.

That I can agree with but can the average lifter bench those? What would qualify someone as an average lifter? Yes we can try to compare us exercisers to people who don't but that is not a good comparison.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You're looking at this the wrong way...

Guy on the bench was spotting the other guy's partial deadlift.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That I can agree with but can the average lifter bench those? What would qualify someone as an average lifter? Yes we can try to compare us exercisers to people who don't but that is not a good comparison.

From what I see in the gym, ages 20-50 I've seen about half bench 2 plates. 185 give or take 20 pounds seems to be what is average in my area. 225 max is probably right at the 50 percentile if even. I've only seen two girls ever use the bench so it is probably much less than 50% that can do 135 but I have no idea honestly...