Is it an issue if I simply don't want to jog?

Options

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Why run when you can drive?

Seriously, running to me is just a way to burn calories. I do it as little as possible. I find it easier just to eat a bit smarter than beat myself up trying to get to 400 calories
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I actually don't have sour grapes at all. I also have nothing against running. I enjoyed it. I enjoy other forms of cardio, too. Of which there are many.

Looks like you don't know the story. Fox never owned grapes because he couldn't reach the branch. So he advised everyone passing by "Don't eat them. They are sour".

Woman, you can't generalize the entire community and call them "BS" if you want people to take your advice seriously and assume you speak with some gray matter.

Girl crush...

Bwahahahaha .... I almost fell off the chair. Crush for Crossfitter. No thanks.

Oh boy. Here we go.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    belgerian wrote: »
    I enjoy running but actually swimming is a better cardio exercise because it increases your VO2 Max and more of a overall workout. But I can go for a run at my lunch time kinda hard to fit in a swim. Not to mention I dislike swimming. But no Running is not required to get fit nor is lifting heavy people do it because they enjoy it find what you like.

How could anyone dislike swimming? :'(
    <-- Hates swimming. Worst swimmer ever.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    hill8570 wrote: »
    "I do not choose to run.." -- Calvin Coolidge, 1928.

If it's good enough for the President of the United States, it should be good enough for you

Don't you think he meant running for office? It would help to put this into context. Then again, who cares?
    You must be fun at parties. :wink:

Fun? I had fun once. It was awful. :wink:
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    • I do not jog.
    • I have never jogged.
    • I do not like jogging
    • Genetically, my family is predisposed to bad knees

Strangely enough, I manage to find enough activities to increase strength and endurance.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think the train split in at least two parts and both went off track in their own directions. Choo choo... Why do I always find these.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I made a decision not to jog anymore, there are lots of workouts that can be more effective or at least equally effective to jogging. So I don't think it's an issue if you don't like to jog. Also consider recovery and injury so there are lots of reason if you simply don't like to jog. Of course there are reasons such as being lazy, if that's the case then it's a different story.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Do what you enjoy. You'll last longer that way.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Never have been a runner. I hate running so I don't do it. I walk and swim and get really good cardio workouts that I enjoy.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    If you see me run, you better run too, because the only way I'm running is if something bad is chasing me.

Me, too. Or there is pizza somewhere that I'm trying to get to.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I despise jogging/running. It is awfully boring to ME. I can see why some folks like/love it, though. I don't mind walking, but for long distances...I find that mind-numbing. If it's a hike with beautiful scenery or something, that is different, but regular suburban walking is just b.o.r.i.n.g to ME.

I prefer cardio that is more interactive like racquetball, dancing, aerobics class, spin class, mountain biking, etc.

If you don't want to/don't like to run, don't do it, and just find something else you like better.
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are getting your cardio from the exercises you noted in your post. You are likely best doing those things that keep you motivated and give you results rather than doing something you despise or are otherwise disinterested. Just stay on course... best of luck ~!~
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I do NOT run or jog at all and I'm in pretty good shape. I alternate my cardio between the elliptical and the treadmill for 30 min. sessions only and I focus on intensity: high inclines / high speeds (walking) on the treadmill and high inclines / high resistance on the elliptical. Works just fine. No need to run if you don't like it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The best thing about running is portability...the worst thing about running is everything else.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have sour grapes at all. I also have nothing against running. I enjoyed it. I enjoy other forms of cardio, too. Of which there are many.

Looks like you don't know the story. Fox never owned grapes because he couldn't reach the branch. So he advised everyone passing by "Don't eat them. They are sour".

Woman, you can't generalize the entire community and call them "BS" if you want people to take your advice seriously and assume you speak with some gray matter.

Girl crush...

I see where you are going - probably my profile pic. That's me and my daughter. Ha Ha Ha Ha

And, so it goes.

I never attacked running as a sport. Ever. But, by all means, attack my sport. That's cool.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Girl crush...

Oh boy. Here we go.

Haha, yeah. I'm used to people attacking CrossFit (and even me for doing CrossFit) on here. It's strange to me that people criticize other people's exercise choice, but so be it.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Girl crush...

I see where you are going - probably my profile pic. That's me and my daughter. Ha Ha Ha Ha

I didn't see your reply earlier, runner475. I already responded in another sub-thread what I meant. The way you seem to have interpreted my comment wasn't at all how it was intended.

I certainly didn't mean for rude comments to be made ("Crush for Crossfitter. No thanks."), as Minx and I are friends.

It's not cool to look down on the efforts of others, no matter what they are, and I hope the topic could get back on track.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Girl crush...

I didn't see your reply earlier, runner475. I already responded in another sub-thread what I meant. The way you seem to have interpreted my comment wasn't at all how it was intended.

I certainly didn't mean for rude comments to be made ("Crush for Crossfitter. No thanks."), as Minx and I are friends.

It's not cool to look down on the efforts of others, no matter what they are, and I hope the topic could get back on track.

tumblr_inline_negr0qDDZm1ritqt7.gif
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    Sure you don't have to run, just know you will have to work much harder cardio wise.

false...steady state does not superseed HiiT cardio in cals burned (and even less time)

Jogging does not have to be steady state. I use intervals, as do many joggers/runners.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    Sure you don't have to run, just know you will have to work much harder cardio wise.

false...steady state does not superseed HiiT cardio in cals burned (and even less time)

Jogging does not have to be steady state. I use intervals, as do many joggers/runners.

But are you doing High Intensity intervals? Many joggers and runners may pace themselves, but they aren't typically doing HIIT. That'd be more sprinters.