In 19 months, I've lost 262 pounds. New Me, New Life.

Options

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Never get tired of reading your post. wow wow wow...... you are amazing.
  • Eserra0510
    Eserra0510 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! You look wonderful! Congratulations on all your hard work and efforts!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread. But I have to tell you first off, what an amazing writer you are. As I scrolled down to your after pics, I almost cried. I am so happy for you, and you look simply amazing.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing.
  • jackiegiraffe
    jackiegiraffe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    incredible transformation and excellent storytelling! congratulations :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This really helped me! I was in need of some encouragement and this did it.....
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Great job!
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Two things: you paint with words; I could see everything, I walked with you, I watched you in the store and I saw you getting into your truck. If pictures tell a thousand words then your words paint a thousand pictures. The second thing: no, I won't say 'wow' I'll say 'Bloody well done' 'cos I'm English! Oh and where can I read your blog?
  • Axalotal
    Options
    That is an absolutely incredible transformation! Great job and thanks for sharing.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wow I felt your pain in so many ways- my dad was heavy his whole life, his dream was to move to Costa Rica at retirement. We went there in December 2007, and I was at my heaviest weight at that time. But much more capable of moving and living than he was. The trip was a nightmare although he acted like it wasn't (as he should have, it was very expensive). Everywhere we went there was a challenge for steps, slipping (tons of rain), no accomodations for handicap, and that was what he was at 450lbs at 63 with many health issues.
    - We got home, he got very depressed, he knew he couldn't move there alone. Instead, he got worse, and he died. He died at 63 and never lived his life. His death inspired me, and I lost 80lbs. Over the last year I had many things happen including a huge life change and my health went downhill, my weight went back up. But, reading your story, its a reminder that anyone can change their health, especially if its weight related. I am looking forward to getting back to where I was - thank you for your story!

Everyone tells you look amazing, and you do, but I am sure you feel amazing and living life, not walking death
  • rcameron55
    rcameron55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • morningprincess
    morningprincess Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing that, of course now i'm crying at work which is probably not good. . . :'( , but worth it as that was so inspiring, thank you!!!! :)
  • carriejones80
    Options
    My only words are freaking wow!! It is stories like this that remind me that I am worth the change and it is very much so within my reach. Your story was very interesting to read as well. I felt like I was reading a novel. Congrats on your success.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing.
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your post made me full-on cry! Congratulations on such an important, REAL success! You look amazing, and your ability to hold on to your true self while dealing with how the rest of the world reflected "you" back to you is deeply inspiring. Thank you for sharing, and continued success!
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You write so beautifully and express your emotions so well. I'm so happy for your success! I came to MFP as an obese woman because I had a panic attack in an airplane toilet cause it was soooo hard to manoeuvre in those small spaces AND because I had to use an extension seatbelt for the first time ever. I said never again because those things caused me such intense physical pain.

I guess you need to be in some sort of pain before you get your butt moving hey!

BTW, You're hot!
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Great job.
  • tifsimmons91
    tifsimmons91 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look really good! Nice work. I hope I am able to stay committed to my weight loss journey like you did
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Can't even put into words how awesome your progress is.

Nice work.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just started reading through your blog, very inspirational. You are very eloquent. Love the biker outfit (flannel shirt and grey jeans and boots) super hot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!