Lose 5 Pounds a Month May 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• geddoe
    geddoe Posts: 23
    Options
    Argh, I forgot to post my starting weight on the first. I think it was right around 202, so I will start with that.

Start: 202
    4/07:
    4/13:
    4/19:
    4/25:
    4/31:

Also, I'm looking for some more fitness friends, if anyone wants to add me :D
  • KennyEdelberg
    KennyEdelberg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am and anyone that wants to add me as a friend here please do. I know we all can use the motivation.:smile:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    lol klondike bar! What a way to start out the month haha but on the up side (down side really) I got to go on a movie date with my little sis its been so fun being able to see her so often now days and my niece since they moved closer : )

Well here is to continuing my week on a good note lol : ) Im enjoying my time off of work during the week days sooo much : ) iv still got to get into my routine but ill get there since nothing should change in my near future! so if the wind would ever quit im planning on walking after breakfast or after school most likely after school lol since it starts at 9:30 starting in june.
  • KatrinaMurphy
    Options
    I am in :-)
  • Samantha76
    Samantha76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join, I am in if its not. I could really use the extra push. I was doing really good up till a few months ago, then lots of stressers, gained it all back and then some. And really want to get back on track. My weight right now is at 233, and would love to see it go down instead of up for a change.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Its never too late to start getting healthy!

My face hurts this morning so I am thinking I may have another sinus infection. I need to make it through my 11 hour work day and then go to the doctor tonight. I hate to take aspirin because I am prone to rebound headaches but needed to take a couple this morning. Here's to drinking extra water today and just making it through the day.

My exercise goals for the week are falling apart but its hard to work out when you feel like crud.

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Terri
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My starting weight for May is 178.5. My goal is 173.5 by 5/31 :)
  • raewebb
    raewebb Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i weighed myself this morning just because i was curious what it would say... well i gained 0.2 pounds. rawr!
    i think it may be from water retention from working out last night.

i just want to shout out to everyone and say ya'll are doing great!!! keep up the great work. we can do this!!!
  • doliveresti
    doliveresti Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!
  • laura_204
    laura_204 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :wink:
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hope you feel better soon terri!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I'm back after going totally off track for 2 weeks. Actually gained in April. :cry: I'm refocused and recomitted and looking forward to losing 5 lbs this month.

Good luck everyone !

May 2 - 176.6
    May 9 -
    May 16 -
    May 23 -
    May 30 -

Oh, I soooo want to get out of the 170's. So tired of seeing those numbers.
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of the challenge for me as yesterday was my birthday. I was actually quite well behaved yesterday, apart from some champagne and a small banoffe pie after dinner.!

I have managed to run non-stop for 30mins today a lot of which was uphill and after a bit of an active recovery was able to do a sprint finish! This is a new record for me, so I am well chuffed!

Keep up the good work guys.

Get well soon Terri. If you have a sinus infection, lots of steam inhalations with tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have managed to run non-stop for 30mins today a lot of which was uphill and after a bit of an active recovery was able to do a sprint finish! This is a new record for me, so I am well chuffed!

Awesome run...and uphill...YOU ROCK!!! Keep the great work!

Terri - I had something similar a few weeks back. Vicks Sinus relief & Nyquil helped me but took a full week. :grumble: . Hope you can get rid of yours faster! :drinker: (<-- Hot Tottie or Nyquil)
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am in the challenge--but starting off rough, due to contact seveve allergic reaction, due to contact dermatis. (posion ivy/poson sumac)-
    I am miserable, with itchy, itchy skin, and allergy symptons (stuffy nose, sinus running, and miserable feeling)--doctor recommended steriods--but I havent started them yet. Actually going to dermatologist tomorrow--since it appears to be worst.
    As far as the challenge, I am staying in -- staying within my calories and tying not to stay down and out

As for you, hope you feel better soon.
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ailene, I love your exercise ticker. I am going to have to get one of those!

Rosalia- You poor thing. hope it clears up soon. There is an amazing cream that is available on web. it's called eureka cream that clears up pretty much any thing!
  • kittycatcookie
    Options
    I was bad last night...ended up having a jacket potato and then i bought a slice of pizza....WHYY did i do this?! I didnt even want to eat it!

Anyway, trying to rectify this situation by ALOT of exercise so i am within my alloted calories by sunday. Had an epic gym session this morning and am back on track for today.

Havent lost any weight for weeks now so really want to lose some this month!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Can I join?

May 1: 216.8
    Today: 215.6

Loss: 1.2lbs
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I have been binging my way through finals. My last one is Sunday, and I can't wait for them to end! I am looking forward to dedicating my summer to getting into great shape!