Hundred Pushups Challenge - DECEMBER

Options
I didn't see a new post yet, so I am starting this one up again. Continuing on from last month:

Hello everyone!
For those of you just joining the challenge, we are doing the program from http://hundredpushups.com. Please join us! We are all on different levels. Some just starting, some almost to the end and some in the middle.
I am somewhere around week 16 of the "6 week" program. :laugh: But that's ok! I started out being able to do only 1 pushup to now being able to do 200+ in a day (not in a row). I also started on my knees, and am now doing regular form pushups.

Today I did my exhaustion test and managed 69 - up 6 from last week! I am planning to do week 6, level 2 this week. 3BB - I haven't set a firm goal date yet for hitting 100. I would love to get there by the new year, but I am not sure if that will be enough time. We shall see!

Congratulations to everyone who joined up in November and has stuck with it! You guys rock! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a new post yet, so I am starting this one up again. Continuing on from last month:

Hello everyone!
    For those of you just joining the challenge, we are doing the program from http://hundredpushups.com. Please join us! We are all on different levels. Some just starting, some almost to the end and some in the middle.
    I am somewhere around week 16 of the "6 week" program. :laugh: But that's ok! I started out being able to do only 1 pushup to now being able to do 200+ in a day (not in a row). I also started on my knees, and am now doing regular form pushups.

Today I did my exhaustion test and managed 69 - up 6 from last week! I am planning to do week 6, level 2 this week. 3BB - I haven't set a firm goal date yet for hitting 100. I would love to get there by the new year, but I am not sure if that will be enough time. We shall see!

Congratulations to everyone who joined up in November and has stuck with it! You guys rock! :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Does wall push-ups count?:blushing:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Does wall push-ups count?:blushing:

I think so. If you put your feet back far enough it is like doing a real push up. I find wall ones harder because when I do real ones I don't have to go all the way down because I have a big chest but they don't get in the way when I do wall push ups.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Good! If wall push ups count than I already started. Last night I did 50. I bought new clothes and I liked the way they looked everywhere except my arms... so my boyfriend suggested pushups and when I gave him that incredulous look... he said start with the wall ones then. So I did! :bigsmile:

Funny how I found this challenge at about the same time.:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Good! If wall push ups count than I already started. Last night I did 50. I bought new clothes and I liked the way they looked everywhere except my arms... so my boyfriend suggested pushups and when I gave him that incredulous look... he said start with the wall ones then. So I did! :bigsmile:

Funny how I found this challenge at about the same time.:laugh:

Just make sure your feet are as back as far as you can and still feel comfortable!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 3 (or 2...we'll see how I feel) of week 4 tomorrow, but wanted to post here before I lost the link. :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 3 (or 2...we'll see how I feel) of week 4 tomorrow, but wanted to post here before I lost the link. :bigsmile:

ditto on the save the thread part... :bigsmile: cept I'm just starting out... and looking forward to a fun new challenge:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    YAY! It is an amazing challenge. I'm really surprised at how quickly my strength has been built up in just 5 weeks.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    YAY! It is an amazing challenge. I'm really surprised at how quickly my strength has been built up in just 5 weeks.
    :flowerforyou: I'm excited...I actually love pushups...crazy girl here I know:laugh: ...but I'm up for a new challenge...so this fits in perfectly!

Just took a quick peek at the site shared and will take more time to read it through Tues.

Have a super Tuesday All:drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to do day 1 tomorrow. Today completely got by me in a blur!

I did day 1 last week but didn't get any more done with everything else going on, so I'll be doing wall pushups ... although I use the kitchen counter and put my feet back as far as I can.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Yaya, more new faces! Welcome! Starting with wall or knee pushups is just fine - it's all about increasing your strength, so just start where you are. Some people have gone through the entire program doing modified pushups, others have decided to restart once they built up enough strength to do regular style.

So, I must be some kind of masochist today! I did my pushup test at the gym today before my aerobics class - 69 pushups. Then we did some conditioning work with weights at the end of class, including arms and shoulders. Then, just now, I went ahead and did week 6, day 1, level 2 - because I wanted to stay on the MWF schedule.

1: 40
    2: 50
    3: 25
    4: 25
    5: 55 (min 50)

That's 264 in total for today! :noway:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey-- I did my initial test. Anybody else's back hurt, right in the middle of their spine when they do these? Youch!

We'll see how this goes-- I managed 9 "good form" push ups, but my back hurt like H-E- double hockeysticks.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Bumping back up the December thread... I still have to do my pushups today. I dedicate these pushups to MechanicMom! :laugh: MM, take it easy if your doctor says so! I'll post back in a bit once I'm finished.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I better not see you on this thread unless it is to tell us news about your little bun, MM! No more pushups until the dr. clears you, lady!

You go, CP! I took today off (which I probably shouldn't have). Back up tomorrow morning!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Yaya, more new faces! Welcome! Starting with wall or knee pushups is just fine - it's all about increasing your strength, so just start where you are. Some people have gone through the entire program doing modified pushups, others have decided to restart once they built up enough strength to do regular style.

So, I must be some kind of masochist today! I did my pushup test at the gym today before my aerobics class - 69 pushups. Then we did some conditioning work with weights at the end of class, including arms and shoulders. Then, just now, I went ahead and did week 6, day 1, level 2 - because I wanted to stay on the MWF schedule.

1: 40
    2: 50
    3: 25
    4: 25
    5: 55 (min 50)

That's 264 in total for today! :noway:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: WOW That ROCKS!! Totally awesome, 264? Very cool...

I joined up in this challenge but am not quite up to par yet to do the reading and the test...but will get to that as soon as I'm well..... I'm excited to join you all:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK, I did them! And then watched my recorded Biggest Loser - sad to see Renee go, but she looks amazing.

1&2: 20
    3&4: 23
    5&6: 20
    7&8: 18 (although I accidentally did 19 on the first set)
    9: 62 (minimum 53)

225 in all. It seems like a lot of people have been getting sick lately, Fitness_Chick - feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Just checking in. I forgot to put my last post in the new thread. Oops. Well, I was afraid of losing my muscle entirely yesterday and I am getting tired of laying around, so I did 20 push ups. DH scolded me. :grumble: I am trying not to be sad that I can't do the challenge right now and that I am losing my progress. I was 20 away from finishing!!!! UGH! But I am here to encourage you all. I will get back to it once I get the go from my doc.
    Marla my back did hurt at first. I realized I needed more strength in my abs to help with that. Crunches help. At least for me.
    CP, you are doing awesome! Make me proud girl! :bigsmile:
    Welcome to the newbies!
    Glad to see you here 3BB! Still plugging along! I'll check back soon with you all!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I repeated Week 4, Day 2, Level 3 today

40 (min. 36) - 4 more than I did the other day on this same set. Woo!
    TOTAL = 144

Something funky is clicking in my elbow that I'm not to thrilled with. Plus, I took off an extra day on accident again. What is wrong with me remembering to do these silly things! I'd like to at least be through the 6 weeks & onto pushing to 100 by New Year (ideally doing 100 by New Year's). I have got to buckle down!

CP you are SO close!

MM - you do one more pushup & I'm coming over there to sit on you! No more pushups for you until you are doctor cleared, missy!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    SHHH! Don't tell 3BB I'm in here!

I just wanted to say that I have to drop out of the challenge. :sad: I can't tell you how disappointed I am! I am very limited to what I can do and I am on bed rest most of the time. I can't even grocery shop for long. I am hoping I can get off bed rest by the second trimester and get back to at least girly ones. (The midwife said I can eventually if everything is okay.) By then I will be too big for my shirt. CP, wanna send me your snail mail and I'll send you my shirt? Seriously. I'll just get depressed looking at it in the closet. lol
    I will still be checking in and encouraging you all. I might have a crying face in my posts...lol
    I'm really proud of all of you. You are doing great!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, I sure hope you all didn't quit!! I have a shirt to give to the next person who makes one hundred!:laugh: