How did you all fair over the festive period?

Replies

• arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    I did pretty good! I started Dec at 135.6 (my goal weight) and today, I'm 136.8. But during the month, I varied from 133.9 - 136. So I'm not at all concerned. Just going to drink lots of water and eat a deficit to get back under 135. I really only above my calories for a couple days so I don't think it should take me more than a week to compensate.
  • The Christmas holiday season can be very difficult. First off, I am at home for two weeks rather than at work and that mean more temptation to snack and being less mobile in general during the work day. Secondly, the places where I exercise are mostly closed during this time. I really don't exercise as much as at home, and so I am burning way less calories. And all the wonderful food that goes along with visiting with relatives, and a some alcohol - All in all I am up a couple of pounds, but I hope to make up for it now that the season is winding down. :smile:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    edited January 2015
    edit: whoops didnt see this was the maintenance forum
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Christmas/New Year's was more challenging than Thanksgiving for me, but I was able to more or less maintain the past couple weeks. I weigh daily but have an "official" weigh-in day every Friday. I've had either maintains or small losses each week, even through the holidays. Hoping tomorrow it's the same.

I logged loosely the past couple days, but made sure to try to be fairly accurate. I was definitely more liberal with my eating, but tried to balance it out with exercise. It worked pretty well, I'd say!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    funny - I just posted the same topic in a different thread.
    -
    maintained my weight w/o accurately tracking. still went to the gym. Now it's time to get back on track as I want to shed the last half by the end of April.

8931969.png
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Ate at my TDEE during Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The rest was 1,500 calories a day. Checked the scale for the first time since holidays started and I'm at 113, 2 lbs lost (though my weight fluctuates). Increasing my calorie to 1,600 to slowly go back to eating TDEE again. :-)

Thought I'd be gaining a LOT since holidays started and I also began reverse dieting. I'm just glad only a bit changed. Congrats to all of you for maintaining and losing! :-)
  • back2twentyfive
    back2twentyfive Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2015
    During the last 2 weeks, on most days, I ate more than usual and then I would eat less than usual to try to make up for it, so my weight fluctuated up and down by 1.5 lbs. a couple of times. and I didn't like that yo-yo effect at all, but overall, I maintained.

After reading many pre-holiday posts about whether people were going to log or not on the holidays, I planned not to log on Christmas and actually forgot to log on my birthday, LOL, and enjoyed the holidays.

Now it's time to get back to business, which I'm not thrilled about, but I'm sure I'll feel better once I start losing weight again.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I don't celebrate Christmas and as such ate what I always eat. However, I had family visit over after Christmas until yesterday. One person was a terribly picky eater: no chicken, no lamb, preferably no fish. Oh, and you can't get pork here. And they prefer eating out :disappointed_relieved: So we ate out every day, and the food got worse and worse each day (in my opinion) and we ended up with pizza or burgers with fries. My weight didn't take a hit though I think. That's at least something. Now back to eating decent food!
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    I'm the same weight I was at the beginning of December. I don't count unless weight is starting to creep up so don't know if I overate but weight stayed the same
  • mallonsme
    mallonsme Posts: 4 Member
    :( Gained..... but back on the trail and doing the 30 day Ab & Squat Challenge.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Gained 4lbs, overate quite a bit on Christmas eve and Christmas day, good inbetween, then a wedding, and then NYE and NYD were overeating as well.

But you know what? I thoroughly enjoyed my calories and time. I still exercised most days, so I am expecting some of the gain to be bloat. I am not going crazy to get rid of it, I am notching it up to experience and just continue on a sustained, slow loss. It will come off again.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    I have gained 1 pound since I last weighed myself. So Im not pouting considering I haven't all that well!
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    I ate waaayy too many homemade sweets and just more overall....continuously exercised except for a week when I was ill. I've been back on track food-wise for a few days now and already feel a bit less bloated. Am going to try to work hard on continuing to make better food choices!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited January 2015
    I lost weight this holiday season! (for the first time ever!)

Thanksgiving morning, before eating anything ;) : 177.6 lbs
    This morning: 173.8 lbs

So I lost 3.8 lbs over the holidays!

ETA: didn't notice this was posted on the maintenance forum. I just saw the thread title and got excited.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    I lost weight over the holiday's. I started doing Insanity again everyday to prepare my body for Insanity Max 30 on Jan. 5'th. so I think this is probably why I lost weight. Although I don't eat any cookies, cakes, or other snacks even during the holiday season.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    I gained 10 lbs from 10/31 to 12/26. Back on track down 3lbs. Ugh I will be back to 140 in no time. Holiday season for me begins Halloween, my birthday is a couple days following, and the treats just keep rolling in. My training has been awesome during this time frame as well. I'm ready to gt this bloat gone ASAP but I know it will be slow going. it al went to my waistline. I'm beginning to see my abs again so thats good.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Yeah, I screwed up. Gained 7 lb. It did not seem to me I was eating enough to cause that, but it happened. It takes me for EVER to lose 7 lb, too. like 3 months. Even with workouts my maintenance calories are so low because I'm short and middle aged. So now I am increasing workouts and being very strict on calories. This just shows me that I can't ever let things slide, and holidays can't be an excuse, unless I want to be fat. Ugh this ticks me off so hard. Without eating out even once and without buying *any* junk food 7 lb flies on. GLARGH
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I lost weight this holiday season! (for the first time ever!)

Thanksgiving morning, before eating anything ;) : 177.6 lbs
    This morning: 173.8 lbs

So I lost 3.8 lbs over the holidays!

ETA: didn't notice this was posted on the maintenance forum. I just saw the thread title and got excited.

Well done on the loss ☺ its great to have the feedback regardless.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited January 2015
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Yeah, I screwed up. Gained 7 lb. It did not seem to me I was eating enough to cause that, but it happened. It takes me for EVER to lose 7 lb, too. like 3 months. Even with workouts my maintenance calories are so low because I'm short and middle aged. So now I am increasing workouts and being very strict on calories. This just shows me that I can't ever let things slide, and holidays can't be an excuse, unless I want to be fat. Ugh this ticks me off so hard. Without eating out even once and without buying *any* junk food 7 lb flies on. GLARGH

I hear ya, I lose real slow too ! I'm mid 40s and short so that's against us :( I just keep being active so I can eat more on occasion and not gain.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I lost weight over the holiday's. I started doing Insanity again everyday to prepare my body for Insanity Max 30 on Jan. 5'th. so I think this is probably why I lost weight. Although I don't eat any cookies, cakes, or other snacks even during the holiday season.

Well done ..hats off to you for not indulging ..do you never eat anything sweet/naughty then?