How did you all fair over the festive period?

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    Pretty good. I lost my fitbit :'( which means I had fewer calories than normal, but still made goals by the week, not the day.

It was harder to log this year than the last two, though.

My Fitbit is broke too and I miss it badly so I sympathise with you! But you still did ok regardless which is the main thing :-)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    First of all CONGRATS to you!!

That's SO great!

I actually did pretty much the same (gym, log, eat 90/10) so my weight was within the normal daily flux.

(yea I'm boring like that)

Not boring! Very WISE ☺
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Gained about 5 pounds. But I haven't weighed in a few days. I might have already dropped a couple. My clothes don't feel as tight anymore.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was consistently at or just over maintenance from about Thanksgiving through NYE...total damages, up 2.5 lbs. Basically within my maintenance range. I ate pretty liberally when I wanted treats, but kept things in check if nothing special appealed to me. I did maintain my workout schedule, which I credit to keeping the gain to a minimum. That being said, I'm back to my regularly scheduled programming and determined to hit my goal by early spring.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I went way, way over on Christmas, but that was probably my only high day. I've been injured--and doing modified workouts--so that's been a bigger concern. But I haven't gained anything. It's nice to have it reinforced that a splurge can be entirely accommodated within a healthy norm.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Technically - I lost 3 pounds since Thanksgiving.

Realistically - I stayed within 5 pounds of my goal weight the entire holiday season.
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I put on 10lb in 11 days :-(
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I was really unwell from the 16th and had to go on two sets of antibiotics. I lost three pounds as I couldn't eat properly, and still can't :(

Those three pounds actually took me to a notional 'healthy weight' by the dreaded BMI. It wasn't how I wanted to do it for obvious reasons, and it was rather bittersweet to see the scale.

I've not been terribly well since June because of various things, and haven't been able to run or exercise much, so I just tried to maintain knowing that I would be starting new medication at the end of 2014. That is now starting to work, and I am just beginning to do a few light weights. At least I know I won't be lugging excess weight around when I do start running again, but it has been very frustrating!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    Gained about 5 pounds. But I haven't weighed in a few days. I might have already dropped a couple. My clothes don't feel as tight anymore.

It'll be sodium then ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Sadly, I was really unwell from the 16th and had to go on two sets of antibiotics. I lost three pounds as I couldn't eat properly, and still can't :(

Those three pounds actually took me to a notional 'healthy weight' by the dreaded BMI. It wasn't how I wanted to do it for obvious reasons, and it was rather bittersweet to see the scale.

I've not been terribly well since June because of various things, and haven't been able to run or exercise much, so I just tried to maintain knowing that I would be starting new medication at the end of 2014. That is now starting to work, and I am just beginning to do a few light weights. At least I know I won't be lugging excess weight around when I do start running again, but it has been very frustrating!

Sorry you've not been well, hoping 2015 will be a healthier one.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I put on 10lb in 11 days :-(

Ouch! Hope a lot of that is water weight. ..Back on track again for you asap then
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Technically - I lost 3 pounds since Thanksgiving.

Realistically - I stayed within 5 pounds of my goal weight the entire holiday season.

Good job ☺
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had a sort of free-for-all for the entire month of December (actually from Thanksgiving until New Years)... I managed to almost hit the top of my maintenance range, so I'm back to normal calorie intake AND training for a race, so hopefully I'll be completely back to normal by the end of January... My clothes still fit, so that's something. LOL!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the elliptical today and burn that crap off. Friday or no Friday.... gotta do it. I wonder about the ppl who get on the weight machines or the stationary bike and just SIT there. They do like 5 lifts then sit for 15 minutes hogging up the machine, then 5 lifts, then sit.... for like half an hour or more. If I see anything like that today I'm just going to turn around and use dumbbells at home... my patience is getting pretty thin.
  • evilunclematt
    evilunclematt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    fair
    fer/
    adjective
    in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.
    (of hair or complexion) light; blond.

fare
    fer/
    verb
    perform in a specified way in a particular situation or over a particular period of time.
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I gained 80 tons! It was awful!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Phill2488 wrote: »
    I gained 80 tons! It was awful!

Lol Awww Bless you Phil..appreciating the humour ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    *shakes head* I knew I wouldn't get away with eating, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. I didn't go to any restaurants or make any cakes or anything serious like that. Pretty PO'ed about all this. To lose 7 lb it will take me 2 to 3 months. And by the time February rolls around then it's Valentine's Day which means I have to tell everyone DO NOT GET ME CHOCOLATES OR CANDY and if they do anyway I have to abandon them in the break room at work or something. I'm with the other person who maintains at 1350: middle aged and short. It's just the diet that never ends. X(
    Ahhhh sorry to hear that but could it still be sodium related gain? The main thing is to get back on track asap...you can do this ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited January 2015
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I gained 10 lbs from 10/31 to 12/26. Back on track down 3lbs. Ugh I will be back to 140 in no time. Holiday season for me begins Halloween, my birthday is a couple days following, and the treats just keep rolling in. My training has been awesome during this time frame as well. I'm ready to gt this bloat gone ASAP but I know it will be slow going. it al went to my waistline. I'm beginning to see my abs again so thats good.
    The main thing is you're now working hard to get back there ☺
  • wilsonctenney
    wilsonctenney Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I actually stayed on target on all but one day. I made the mistake of having some birthday cake, not tracking the calories, and being really hungry the rest of that evening. I guess my body held onto that plus some water because I was up about 5 pounds the next day. Oh well, shame on me. That weight has come back off and I am back on track. I also started a distance running focused workout plan (I like to mix things up regularly) and that is REALLY burning calories.