The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yup..or at least the consistent ones, we are...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Well, it's good to see you on here. I've got my first Parvo dog of the new year. That didn't take long.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Holy crap!! Are you serious???
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yep. The owner is a PTSS patient and just got the dog for a therapy dog. Now seven days later it's got bloody diarrhea and no vaccines. Tested positive for Parvo. We have it in Isolation now.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    WTH....a therapy dog with NO vaccines????
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I know. If I got a therapy dog, the first thing I would do is have them checked at the vet. That's just me though.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They must be doing maintenance on the web site. It keeps going wonky on me.
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would assume that a therapy dog would have to have some kind of training right? Don't they come through some sort of agency? I'd expect the agency to have some sort of protocol about vacinating... weird.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not a requirement. All that is needed is a script from a doctor that says that this person would respond to treatment better or needs the assistance of a given animal to be a therapy dog. For example, someone with post traumatic stress syndrome doesn't need a trained dog, they just need one they can depend on to help calm them down when they are feeling anxious. Any calm dog would qualify under that category.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Does the fact I have a sweatshirt that says Horses make me happy...You, not so much.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Lady, Nice sweatshirt. The "Dogs Make Me Happy" is a hoodie I just picked up. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Yeah....I should wear it to work one day....I don't think it would work out as well in my line of work as much as yours :wink:
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Nightshifter here, transportation dispatcher. If I had a dogs make me happy hoodie I'd probably wear it bare! :#
  • trufels24
    trufels24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'm not the only one on night shift around here?!?!?! I'm super excited!

I actually posted earlier about trying to juggle flipping my nights and days. I work the Baylor Shift, Friday/Saturday/Sunday 6p-6a. Makes it difficult to figure out when to eat and not eat non-stop...

By the way, I really like the Dogs sweatshirt! I have 3 minature dachshunds!
    Lesley
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Morning.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    36 hours of being awake, 10 hours in surgery, and more records than you can fit in a VW Carman Ghia. I think I need a quick nap and then hammer the records.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Dang Suffer, that is a rough gig. Hope you can get some rest
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just a bad day for pets and snowboards.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Good grief....when do you get to sleep?