What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh boy Happy New Year everyone! I'm so happy people already have lots to post in 2015 :).

As for me, I had quickly put on like 6 lbs of free sweets and delicious holiday goody weight but as of yesterday I was right back to where I was 2 weeks prior, minus 0.2 lbs lol.

AND for NYE I wore this amazing dress I'd bought LAST January under the guise of "well if I lose like 15 lbs this'll look great" and let me tell you..it did. Had my arms out and everything, which I never ever do. Felt good that I felt good :).
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds during the Christmas holiday week. Also, I have on a pair of pants today that I have not worn in over 6 years :D
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Jennilyn76 wrote: »
    I was one of the 5 success stories posted in the New Years MFP newsletter today :)

Good for you! Nothing feels better than a big public pat on the back!

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Measured my waist yesterday and am now in the "normal" BMI range for my height! And lost an inch of my thighs-my worst feature... Sometimes the tape measure is mighter than the scale. :D
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    dstirratt wrote: »
    My quads are sore from doing squats. It's a good sore!

Even better... I've done so many squats since this post that they aren't sore anymore, just strong!
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did three sets of chest presses with an Olympic bar tonight! No weight other than the bar, but hey it's 5 lbs and something that I've been hoping to get strong enough to do. :)
  • Kittysaurusrex13
    Kittysaurusrex13 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've only allowed myself to read this thread when I'm walking. I just finished it.

My skin looks amazing because of all of the water I've been drinking this week.

I couldn't get to the gym twice this week (my 2-year-old just graduated to a toddler bed and he's not adjusting well) so I walked inside instead. I walked enough to burn my calorie goal on my fitbit both days.

• bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I worked on New Years day. Someone brought in 2 boxes of donuts. I didn't eat any!! Big NSV for me!!!!
  • jknox2009
    jknox2009 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Coworker came back from a three week vacation, and the first thing he says to me is "You look slimmer, are you losing weight?" Victory!
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was shopping for dress shirts today. The saleslady looked at me consideringly and said, "Slim fit." I could have kissed her!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My new profile picture is my NSV. I am learning that I HAVE dimples (when I grin in the mirror) and my profile picture is from NYE party - I was shocked at how slim my face looked! Not at all how I saw myself.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    ajones1965 wrote: »
    My most recent NSV is finally getting my blood sugars to the same level as a non diabetic. As of today one of my medications has been reduced. Still some way to go but it's a good start!

Out of everything - this is the greatest one IMO. That will pay off many times over in health and improved weight loss/control. You have truly made an impact on yourself that will pay you back! Great job!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Swam two miles this morning. Was swimming half a mile when I got started back in early September.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Feeling brave enough to post these progress pics. Blue shirt Dec '13 Orange Tank June '14 Black Tank Jan '15iirej7mp5ewn.jpg
    wbusfpm0sg1c.jpg
    Also, went clothes shopping today and not one thing was bought in the "plus-sized" section. Happy Dance!!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A couple of things happened to me this weekend.
    1) My husband told me that I don't snore anymore! I asked when he noticed and he said before Christmas. That was really good news!
    2) My daughter and I went shopping this weekend. I said I needed to go to a store that had plus sizes and my daughter said "are you sure" you might not need plus size. We ended up at Old Navy and I bought shorts (for an upcoming Mexico). I have never bought anything for me from Old Navy!
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    While sorting out the clean laundry this afternoon my husband said "these must be the Talbot's jeans" - but they weren't my skinny son's jeans they were mine!!
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    had the energy to play with my dog this evening :) he was so happy!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    aklove907 wrote: »
    I have now officially lost 9.2lbs in 40 days!! I am very excited, and ready to keep working at it!

That is huge! Congrats!

• priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    LianaG1115 wrote: »
    Mine is that I have a brand new muscle.

YES!!! Every week a new one grows for me, it sounds so bizarre but I find myself rubbing my arms and legs constantly feeling the new muscles because I've never had them before!! Nice job when you can notice them growing, means you're working hard!!

That must feel awesome! Congrats!

• melodylou
    melodylou Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been hovering between Misses and plus size clothes for a couple of months. I've kind of been at the point where I'm not really sure what size I am; I mean in tops they all look "fine" to me. But yesterday I realized I need to stop wearing clothes that are too big. I went coat shopping, and when I stepped into the "Women's World" (the name cracks me up. So, the ladies who wear misses sizes aren't 'women'??) section the saleswoman looked at me funny and said, "Honey, these are plus sizes." I said, "Well there can't be much difference between the XL and the 1X." I tried on a coat and right away my companion said, "Oh that is too big." And the saleswoman said, "That's what I thought. You did not look that big to me." To me it looked "fine", so i guess I need to have other sets of eyes to help me see where I am! And now it is time to bag up and donate my 1X clothes!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!