January 2015 - No Alcohol Challenge!

Options

Replies

• ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    My husband and I are going a year we tend to binge drink when we do until our whole weekend is gone.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm doing dry January!
  • mellodym
    Options
    I just rejoined fitness pal today after a long absence so I have already busted it for no drinking in January but as of now, I am in! Wine is my weakness but one glass leads to two and then the more I eat, the less active I become.
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Already planned to limit to no alcohol at home and only one wine when out w friends
    Two yrs ago I gave up alcohol for lent and lost 6 pounds-in 7 weeks- no other changes
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    What happens after January? Do you go back to drinking or is this something you plan on doing for life?
  • Jessplayssynth
    Jessplayssynth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What happens after January? Do you go back to drinking or is this something you plan on doing for life?

I'll go back to drinking, but then it has never affected my weight loss as I don't drink that much - apart from this December when I drank waaaaaay too much!
  • stugwil
    stugwil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll join you too. I haven't gone a month without alcohol for at least 30 yrs, but a couple of hangovers from hell during the holidays have given me the motivation I need. Hoping to go into March without alcohol to help me achieve some much needed weight loss, using MFP to log all activity. Good luck all!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My husband and I have really overdone it with the booze lately so we've decided to have January off it for health & weight loss reasons. Day 4....still going strong but missing my red wine a bit!
  • fairyrosebud
    fairyrosebud Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm late joining, but will give it a try.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Three days late but I'm with you guys. I'd love to see where we all are at the end of the month.

I'm like Marcie - I eat way too much when I drink. It's like drinking flips a nibbling switch or something and I start munching away... :o

• bsminplano
    bsminplano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to join this also! I plan to go til April the 1st, as I am on my way to losing 20 lbs! The alcohol always gets in the way for me!
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I will go back to drinking, but it's nice to have a break from it. I hope it also helps me cut back. Not that I drink a TON but same as someone posted above, one leads to two which leads to three which leads to bad food choices.
  • FixieFreak
    FixieFreak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not drank since March 2012, but I'll join!
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 4 days in of no caffeine and added no alcohol starting today.
  • terrycullen
    terrycullen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Debmorrissette3
    Debmorrissette3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in starting today. Since May I have gained 18 lbs. Its so easy to lose control and snack after a few drinks. Good luck to all
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I haven't had any since NYE
  • nancymitch62
    nancymitch62 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Doing this anyway - the extra support can only help. I'm in!