How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

Options

Replies

• KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    ~$400/month. I pay $100 for four sessions a week with a trainer. My fiance pays $100/month for the two of us in membership fees but he rarely goes to the gym. I go and work out Mondays and Tuesday in the weightroom for an hour, and then two other days I do 30 minute HIIT sessions. It's an exorbitant amount of money but I'm doing this for my wedding and I absolutely love that I'm making healthy decisions for myself. The gym itself is amazing (karate studio/crossfit studio/track and turf/classes/heavy weight room/cardio machines/3 pools/sauna/hot tub)
  • m_tommiss
    Options
    40.00/month and I like everything it offers...worth it to me :smile:
  • Khiway
    Khiway Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    $19.99 at Club Fitness at any location. Includes all classes and machines. I also get in free at Planet Fitness with a friend.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    £12.99 Puregym (pre-opening offer).

Can't wait till Easygym open near home though as I am on a £1.99 a month offer with them (also pre-opening offer).

Can't believe some people pay £75 still, that's almost £750 more than me a year!
  • chuck636
    chuck636 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    $35/month...$50 if you have unlimited tanning...I live in rural area...next closest gym is about 20 mins away so no competition, but I'm OK with what I pay,seems reasonable
  • cmasongreen
    cmasongreen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    $10 a month at Planet Fitness. They have just the right amount of weights and machines for what i need, plus it's 5 minutes from my house.

Literally exactly this. Except mine is 2 minutes from my house.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I have a free membership so I don't pay anything and it's open 24/7
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    $127/month for our family membership (2 kids and 3 adults, which includes my mother-in-law) for the YMCA. We paid extra so that we can go to any location, although we really only go to the one closest to our house. It's worth it, I work out several times a week plus take the kids swimming a couple of times a week. Huge pool, nice hot tub and sauna, plenty of machines. There is also childcare although we haven't taken advantage of that yet. I occasionally take yoga classes at work too, which are $10/each. It's all worth it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    $10/mo. for my local golds (technically free with my fitness reimbursal).
    well worth it.
    decent amount of equipment, never so crowded i cant do my thing, close to home, and friendly staff.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a gym membership in over 15 years. You can buy a good base of weights or equipment for home off Craigslist and there are tons of other apparatus and body weight exercises to get or keep in shape. No need for a gym.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    $32 for my LA fitness gym member monthly. My apartment complex has free personal trainers twice a week. the gym is still worth though as mine has some really amazing zumba classes.
  • thoseAmericanthighs
    Options
    $75 per month for my crossfit gym, which I really only use right now for my weightlifting. $18 per month deducted out of my paycheck to use the University Rec Center, with pool, free weights, cardio machines galore, sauna, indoor track, basketball courts, racquetball courts, "crossfit" room, classes for dance zumba yoga all included in the price. Free membership @ Bodyworks should I choose to use it thanks to my apartments.... I like to keep my options open.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I bought a special at a community gym (i.e. run by the city parks and rec. department because that's what is available in a small town) nearby for $180 for the year. It is about an hour drive round trip, but it is 24 hours with a keycard. It is small, but has the basics - treadmills, weight machines, dumbbells. The cost is reasonable, but I also feel like I don't know what I should be doing and haven't figured out a routine / plan. Since the only time I can go is at night when no staff is there (and I would not have joined if it wasn't 24 hours because I just can't make it during the day), I kinda feel lost.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    $39.99/month for LA Fitness (NY is considered "premier" so more expensive that other locations - sigh)
  • KatieAlexx
    KatieAlexx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    $30 per month at my gym. I'll admit that I wish they had classes and a pool, those are luxuries I definitely miss. However, it's so close to me and it's 24 hours which is awesome because I usually work out at night. The equipment is all wonderful, staff is great, atmosphere is great. They have bathrooms, showers, lockers, a little store, and free tanning. It's a bill I don't mind paying to say the least.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Jealous of all the low fees. I'm debating joining a gym here in norcal (just moved) which will be $100 for myself and 2 kids.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i pay $44/month, which includes child care. my gym has wet/dry saunas, full gym, basketball courts, aerobics & other classes, etc. i think it's definitely worth it. (it's open 24-hours)
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    35/year plus $8/month. No classses, no pool, no tanning... they have childcare if you pay more. But they have plenty of weights and a squat rack. So it's everything I need. Their advertised rate is $19/month.
  • mr3thirty5
    mr3thirty5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    $10/mth at Crunch Fitness. Iron and treadmill is all I really need, so it works out. They offer classes and hydro massage for an extra $10.