Some Rules for Gym Noobs.

Options

Replies

• bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This whole thread just makes me want to work out at home. Nicely done.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone's gym this year (so far) ?

It got surprisingly busy at about 5 or so this morning. I usually don't see a rush early in the morning.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

811eba3rmqx2.jpg
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    donamel04 wrote: »
    in reference to number 8, Boobs, butt, crotch.... It's all a distraction. After all we're there to work out, not torment the old guys (me). Unfortunately I go to a gym where the strippers frequent. Nothing against strippers mind you... I'd rather they left more to the imagination. I am a man after all, and I'm going to look. I might even smile or wink.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no

women don't go to the gym and don't dress to have you creep on them

they aint tryna "torment" you

if you get that overexcited over a random woman's body being in your vicinity that's your issue, maybe try working out wearing a blindfold? ;)

don't blame your creepiness on what women are wearing, cuz it's hella close to "she was asking for it" territory

• dbmata
    Options
    Anyone in the gym is subject to my stares. Male, female, transitional. 18+ is a target.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You have a starting point. What's your end? I mean 18 through ......
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

It got surprisingly busy at about 5 or so this morning. I usually don't see a rush early in the morning.

If you are in NorthEast US it's probably because of the storm.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I would also add …please don't do a five station circuit at peak gym hours….circuits are fine when on one is in the place..but if you are going to try and hog five stations at peak times, you are going to hear about it...

Ooh I'm guilty of that one. Lesson was learnt the hard way when I got a stern talking to by an awesome old guy that has since become a great mate of mine.

Just keep in mind that not all of us that are making these horrible mistakes even know that we're bugging others. So letting us know is great :)

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I would also add …please don't do a five station circuit at peak gym hours….circuits are fine when on one is in the place..but if you are going to try and hog five stations at peak times, you are going to hear about it...

Ooh I'm guilty of that one. Lesson was learnt the hard way when I got a stern talking to by an awesome old guy that has since become a great mate of mine.

Just keep in mind that not all of us that are making these horrible mistakes even know that we're bugging others. So letting us know is great :)

Well, I guess there's the proof that was requested showing that this thread wasn't a waste of time.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention not slamming the weights on the floor? There is an exception to that rule for certain exercises (snatches for instance) but please don't drop the dumbbells. I got tired of going to lift free weights and missing one because some gym bro kept dropping the dumbbells and breaking the bar out of the cast. People, they are not indestructible and others would like to use them.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »

OMGHERD PANIC 2 WHOLE POTENTIAL INCHES.

seriously. the amount of stupid this morning trying to get to work was inconceivable.
  • dbmata
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »

OMGHERD PANIC 2 WHOLE POTENTIAL INCHES.

seriously. the amount of stupid this morning trying to get to work was inconceivable.

We got a storm warning over the weekend for 2-5 inches... I was like, that better be per hour. Otherwise whoever sent that out should be hanged.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    True. I mean, I get the idea of panic if it were predicted for...say...Georgia. Or anywhere where they don't get any sort of regular snow. But here in New England? No.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Did anyone mention not slamming the weights on the floor? There is an exception to that rule for certain exercises (snatches for instance) but please don't drop the dumbbells. I got tired of going to lift free weights and missing one because some gym bro kept dropping the dumbbells and breaking the bar out of the cast. People, they are not indestructible and others would like to use them.

If at all possible, I try not to drop them. But the 85s are too heavy for me to gently place on the ground when doing flat bench. At some point I have to drop them. ie.. from about 2ft or so.

I don't do snatch cleans but when doing power cleans to OHP, I can control the weight enough to let it down somewhat gently. I'm not up over 175lbs yet so...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    True. I mean, I get the idea of panic if it were predicted for...say...Georgia. Or anywhere where they don't get any sort of regular snow. But here in New England? No.

I'm in NJ.. seriously. 2 inchs- for the day.

Instant panic and mass stupidity.
    We got a storm warning over the weekend for 2-5 inches... I was like, that better be per hour. Otherwise whoever sent that out should be hanged.
    yeah my friend said that for DC they got a winter warning- he was like FFS.

Seriously- this is not new- unless we are talking FEET- at no point should a little snow be winter warnings.

And that's coming from someone who kind of hates snow. like. a lot.
  • KixIce
    KixIce Posts: 17
    Options
    I dont wipe my stuff down but i guess i can start
  • KixIce
    KixIce Posts: 17
    Options
    bariachic wrote: »

same :/
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Yes, Rule #1 is a must. I have always said that if I ever own and open up a gym there are going to be signs that state this and my employees watch it like a hawk. If caught curling in the squat rack you will be asked to leave the building. Plain and damn simple as that.

To also add to the rules... for the love of god please stop driving in the parking lot for a close spot. You are there to get some physical situmlation... It is ok to walk across the parking lot. Those 10-15 min you spent looking for a parking spot could be spent in better ways.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

The gym I go to was packed last week but it's back to normal this week. I think it had more to do with the college kids starting their classes and coming in at a different time now.

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »
    No farting. Come on people, I know you feel it coming. Just hold it or go to the bathroom.

But if I go to the bathroom then does the squat rack becomes fair game? :D

LOL!!! If I have marked it then no in my book.