17 Day Diet is Starting Soon!! Join Us!!

Options
ChristinaLeeConway
ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I'm Christina. 29 years old. In Texas. I am starting the 17 day diet on January 7th. I first heard of the 17DD in December when it was listed at the top diet of 2014. I created a group, and I am hoping to recruit others who are interested in giving this shot! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101325-17-day-diet-2015

BRIEF SUMMARY ON THE DIET (in case you're unfamiliar like I first was):
The 17 Day Diet was created by Dr. Mike Moreno. The diet is centered around four 17 day cycles:

Cycle 1: Accelerate- the rapid weight loss portion, which helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system

Cycle 2: Activate- the metabolic restart portion, with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat

Cycle 3: Achieve- a phase that involves learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines

Cycle 4: Arrive- a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods

**HOPE YOU JOIN!**

Replies

• ChristinaLeeConway
    Options
    I'm also looking for more motivation and friends on here, so if you're goals are similar to mine--losing 50+ lbs, please feel free to add me!
  • dunklecyndi
    dunklecyndi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found your group. I started the 17 day diet 5 days ago. I followed it a few years back and lost a good amount of weight. Totally got off track and have about 60lbs to loose.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    so after 17 days, you resume the same cycle again?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    so after 17 days, you resume the same cycle again?

Never mind ..saw that each cycle lasts 17 days.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Avoid fad diets, and avoid people peddling very questionable "science".
    Eat real food, in reasonable portions, and exercise at least 30 min/day.
    Cycle 1: Accelerate- the rapid weight loss portion, which helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system
    Fat cells never go away, other than liposuction. And sugar (carbohydrate) storage never goes away, which is a good thing because you need carbs to run the body.
    Cycle 2: Activate- the metabolic restart portion, with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat
    Your metabolism does not need to be restarted. If it's stopped, you're dead.
    If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. Alternating low & high calories will only slow that.
    Cycle 3: Achieve- a phase that involves learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines
    This is the only useful part. Skip the others and just keep doing this.
    Cycle 4: Arrive- a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods
    Enjoy your favorite foods all the time, just in reasonable amounts.

51637601.png
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    *like* ^
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found your group. I started the 17 day diet 5 days ago. I followed it a few years back and lost a good amount of weight. Totally got off track and have about 60lbs to loose.

And that would be the problem with diets like these ones. Once you stop, all that lost weight finds you again.

• tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    Options
    No need to be hostile or think

Glad to have you!!
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Avoid fad diets, and avoid people peddling very questionable "science".
    Eat real food, in reasonable portions, and exercise at least 30 min/day.
    Fat cells never go away, other than liposuction. And sugar (carbohydrate) storage never goes away, which is a good thing because you need carbs to run the body.
    Your metabolism does not need to be restarted. If it's stopped, you're dead.
    If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. Alternating low & high calories will only slow that.
    This is the only useful part. Skip the others and just keep doing this.
    Enjoy your favorite foods all the time, just in reasonable amounts.

51637601.png

Not sure what your point is...If you're not interested just keep going on your merry way. I wasn't trying to spam anyone. I have nothing to benefit by asking people to join this group other than making friends with similar weight loss goals...
  • dunklecyndi
    dunklecyndi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It honestly is not a fad diet if you treat it as a life style change. I did not just gain the weight back because I stopped following the system. I had an accident that caused me to be sedentary as well as depression that i ate all the wrong things during. Mkegal.. do not use my post to prove your point with out the details. If you are not interested inthis group why join and come in with such negativety?
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    Options
    very well said cyndi!
  • Poppythehalfling
    Poppythehalfling Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im in!(:
  • ew_david
    Options
    It honestly is not a fad diet if you treat it as a life style change. I did not just gain the weight back because I stopped following the system. I had an accident that caused me to be sedentary as well as depression that i ate all the wrong things during. Mkegal.. do not use my post to prove your point with out the details. If you are not interested inthis group why join and come in with such negativety?

It's a public forum, therefore anyone can come in and give an opinion. Having an opposing opinion does not equal negativity.

However, it's January, so there are a lot of people reading these threads. The people who have been here a long time (me) and have done it without any special diet (also me) try to let the new people see that the old tried and true method of eating in moderation and moving a little more does actually work. Restrictive diets like these rarely work long term. Who wants a life without pizza, cookies, brownies, or margaritas? Not I.
  • jay16muir
    Options
    Hi what is the 17day diet...I would like to jpin if thats okay thanks Gail
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No need to be hostile or think
    Exactly.

• ew_david
    Options
    Lol. Hostility? For disagreeing? Okay.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

It's a public forum, therefore anyone can come in and give an opinion. Having an opposing opinion does not equal negativity.

However, it's January, so there are a lot of people reading these threads. The people who have been here a long time (me) and have done it without any special diet (also me) try to let the new people see that the old tried and true method of eating in moderation and moving a little more does actually work. Restrictive diets like these rarely work long term. Who wants a life without pizza, cookies, brownies, or margaritas? Not I.

You're such a bully! Get out of here with all that logic. And stop trying to sabotage me with pizza!
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. There will be something new and better next week after this one doesn't work.