17 Day Diet is Starting Soon!! Join Us!!

Options

Replies

• NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    It honestly is not a fad diet if you treat it as a life style change. I did not just gain the weight back because I stopped following the system. I had an accident that caused me to be sedentary as well as depression that i ate all the wrong things during. Mkegal.. do not use my post to prove your point with out the details. If you are not interested inthis group why join and come in with such negativety?

It's a public forum, therefore anyone can come in and give an opinion. Having an opposing opinion does not equal negativity.

However, it's January, so there are a lot of people reading these threads. The people who have been here a long time (me) and have done it without any special diet (also me) try to let the new people see that the old tried and true method of eating in moderation and moving a little more does actually work. Restrictive diets like these rarely work long term. Who wants a life without pizza, cookies, brownies, or margaritas? Not I.

Mmmm... pizza, cookies, brownies and booze. I'm IN!
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    It honestly is not a fad diet if you treat it as a life style change. I did not just gain the weight back because I stopped following the system. I had an accident that caused me to be sedentary as well as depression that i ate all the wrong things during. Mkegal.. do not use my post to prove your point with out the details. If you are not interested inthis group why join and come in with such negativety?

It's a public forum, therefore anyone can come in and give an opinion. Having an opposing opinion does not equal negativity.

However, it's January, so there are a lot of people reading these threads. The people who have been here a long time (me) and have done it without any special diet (also me) try to let the new people see that the old tried and true method of eating in moderation and moving a little more does actually work. Restrictive diets like these rarely work long term. Who wants a life without pizza, cookies, brownies, or margaritas? Not I.

I find your lack of bacon disturbing.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Travis_2 wrote: »

Take your hostility elsewhere Sir!
  • Mikkimeowza
    Options
    Instead of a 17 day diet, you could eat at a calorie deficit and lose weight. Magic.
  • Travis_2
    Options
    Travis_2 wrote: »

Take your hostility elsewhere Sir!

Do you even Ice Cream!?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Christina. 29 years old. In Texas. I am starting the 17 day diet on January 7th. I first heard of the 17DD in December when it was listed at the top diet of 2014. I created a group, and I am hoping to recruit others who are interested in giving this shot! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101325-17-day-diet-2015

BRIEF SUMMARY ON THE DIET (in case you're unfamiliar like I first was):
    The 17 Day Diet was created by Dr. Mike Moreno. The diet is centered around four 17 day cycles:

Cycle 1: Accelerate- the rapid weight loss portion, which helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system

Cycle 2: Activate- the metabolic restart portion, with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat

Cycle 3: Achieve- a phase that involves learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines

Cycle 4: Arrive- a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods

**HOPE YOU JOIN!**

Flushes sugar and fat storage from your system? LMAO who believes such nonsense?
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Avoid fad diets, and avoid people peddling very questionable "science".
    Eat real food, in reasonable portions, and exercise at least 30 min/day.
    Cycle 1: Accelerate- the rapid weight loss portion, which helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system
    Fat cells never go away, other than liposuction. And sugar (carbohydrate) storage never goes away, which is a good thing because you need carbs to run the body.
    Cycle 2: Activate- the metabolic restart portion, with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat
    Your metabolism does not need to be restarted. If it's stopped, you're dead.
    If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. Alternating low & high calories will only slow that.
    Cycle 3: Achieve- a phase that involves learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines
    This is the only useful part. Skip the others and just keep doing this.
    Cycle 4: Arrive- a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods
    Enjoy your favorite foods all the time, just in reasonable amounts.

51637601.png

Not sure what your point is...If you're not interested just keep going on your merry way. I wasn't trying to spam anyone. I have nothing to benefit by asking people to join this group other than making friends with similar weight loss goals...

The point is that there are a lot of new people that "just want to lose weight" the quickest way that they can - they often don't realize that there are no shortcuts and that the best long term results will come from a reasonable calorie deficit and exercise. When you follow a strict plan like this you'll end up craving all of the stuff you're giving up, lending towards a better chance that you'll fail. And as others have said, once you hit day 18 and start eating more calories that were allowed during the previous 17 days, you'll gain everything back, if not more.

There are some of us that would like to see the new people learn the right way the first time, rather than to be lead down a path that will only lead towards frustration and failure.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Christina. 29 years old. In Texas. I am starting the 17 day diet on January 7th. I first heard of the 17DD in December when it was listed at the top diet of 2014. I created a group, and I am hoping to recruit others who are interested in giving this shot! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101325-17-day-diet-2015

The 17 Day Diet was created by Dr. Mike Moreno. The diet is centered around four 17 day cycles:

**HOPE YOU JOIN!**

Flushes sugar and fat storage from your system? LMAO who believes such nonsense?
    I don't think you REALLY want to know....because you'll find out it's the average american
    giphy.gif
    \m/

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

**HOPE YOU JOIN!**

I don't think you REALLY want to know....because you'll find out it's the average american
    giphy.gif
    \m/

Thanks to Dr. Oz
  • Travis_2
    Options

**HOPE YOU JOIN!**

giphy.gif
    \m/

Thanks to Dr. Oz

tumblr_mjhxbm0p3A1qfzsvko1_1280.jpg
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

**HOPE YOU JOIN!**

giphy.gif
    \m/

308fqey3evhm.gif
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

its because a lot of people are looking for a "quick fix" or something that will help them lose weight rapidly. Also, high and low calorie days is not a lifestyle, its an eating disorder
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

There's no negativity on this thread... Opposing opinions DOES NOT equal negativity. Plus, it's a public forum. If they didn't want opposing opinions, then this thread should have never been created. Since it was posted publicly, then you don't get to choose who has a right to post. Public = everyone has a right to post.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    No need to be hostile or think
    Exactly.

Thinking is not welcome here.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Fat cells never go away, other than liposuction. And sugar (carbohydrate) storage never goes away, which is a good thing because you need carbs to run the body.
    If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. Alternating low & high calories will only slow that.

51637601.png
    Double like!! :wink:
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    Options
    No need to come here and be rude to these people or try to display your superiority. Let these people lose weight how they want and you can lose weight how you want. That 'fad diets fail' line is a little tired because the fact of the matter is, no matter the method of losing weight, a lot of people gain the weight back eventually, so don't act like you're superior for following one way over the other.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    17 Days of Fail Diet?

A simple rule everyone should follow is if you want to do something to lose weight and the name of it is "[insert random words] Diet", you should probably avoid it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No need to come here and be rude to these people or try to display your superiority. Let these people lose weight how they want and you can lose weight how you want. That 'fad diets fail' line is a little tired because the fact of the matter is, no matter the method of losing weight, a lot of people gain the weight back eventually, so don't act like you're superior for following one way over the other.

Because a lot of people do fad diets that are hard to follow, overly restrictive and lead to bingeing.

The people giving advice on this thread have successfully lost weight, maintained or both. It would behoove people to take their advice to heart.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

51637601.png

Not sure what your point is...If you're not interested just keep going on your merry way. I wasn't trying to spam anyone. I have nothing to benefit by asking people to join this group other than making friends with similar weight loss goals...

The point is that there are a lot of new people that "just want to lose weight" the quickest way that they can - they often don't realize that there are no shortcuts and that the best long term results will come from a reasonable calorie deficit and exercise. When you follow a strict plan like this you'll end up craving all of the stuff you're giving up, lending towards a better chance that you'll fail. And as others have said, once you hit day 18 and start eating more calories that were allowed during the previous 17 days, you'll gain everything back, if not more.

There are some of us that would like to see the new people learn the right way the first time, rather than to be lead down a path that will only lead towards frustration and failure.

^This. It's like the diet equivalent of the Donner Party. A lucky few might make it, but the vast majority of followers will ending getting lost in the vast wilderness of *kitten* that is out there. Just because you want to lead them doesn't mean everyone else needs to sit by idly and watch.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just a quick warning. I did this diet, lost weight. Gained it back at the end and then some. It did not help me develop good eating habits. Please consider avoiding this diet and working instead on creating a caloric deficit without gimmicks.