Easter Bunnies Support Group!!!!

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    great job everyone. we are all doing AWESOME!!!
    and welcome to the newer guys. glad you could join us here.

i'm a bit miffed today as i have to work a double shift (7am to 10pm) because someone called in sick. so, i'm trying with my diet but it's a bit difficult as i wasn't prepared. and i'm annoyed that i won't get the chance to work out - i'm not doing it when i get home as i start work again at 7am tomorrow. o well, we can only do what we can do! i'll just have to try and make up for it tomorrow :-/.
  • Hodgeypodgy
    Hodgeypodgy Posts: 45
    I feeel urrrgh today. I just went to the gym and my legs wouldn't work at all. Not surprising really as I hadn't eaten all day as I ended up going to bed around midday after work and then getting up at 8pm as I had half a night off. So I did 10 mins on the treadmill, 25 on the rower and then another 10 on the eliptical to mix it up a bit. I have just stuffed my face with dried fruits, nuts, an apple and peanut butter to try and make up for missing a meal yesterday. Hopefullly it won't affect things too much. I did hop on the scale at the gym and it looks promising so hopefully next weigh in will be good.

I was disappointed in my HRM this morning. I took it swimming and it would not register any heart rate at all while I was in the water. I really wanted to know what my calorie expenditure was as I do not trust the figures on here at all.

Have a great day x
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Today, I went bike riding with my son. It was a blast. We should all ride bikes sometimes..just to remember what it was like to be a kid again!
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    I agree, Tammy! Bike riding is fun and it gets the kids moving as well. I think I might have to do that one day this week. Added bonus for me... the 35 pound boy that will be riding on the seat behind me! It makes a HUGE difference when he is on the bike! :o)

I was so mad at myself today. I met a friend at the mall to walk, and after an hour we called it quits. We walked at a very good pace, so I was thirsty (forgot my water), and my son had been so good in the stroller (he is 3), I thought I would get him a lemonade from Chick-fil-a and I would get a coke zero. Wouldn't you know, they were giving out free spicy chicken biscuits this morning and the old me said yes before the new me had time to think about it. Once I got it, I figured it couldn't be THAT bad if I gave half to my son & I ate the other half. It has quite a kick to it, more than a three year old can handle, so I ended up eating the whole thing. Then when I got home I looked up the calories... 450! YIKES! I only burned around 300 for my walk! I defeated the whole purpose of exercising! :o( I ended up doing some gardening this afternoon as well, so it all balance out, but it is situations like these that I gain the weight I lose back EVERY SINGLE TIME! Sorry... needed to vent a bit! Anyway, I hope you all have a great night/day - whichever time it is where you live. :o)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Sweet, we all have bad days. Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • bonjour24
    it's ok sweetie! sometimes it's jsut hard to resist. and you can get back onto it.

claire- i'm sorry your hrm didn't work in the water- maybe it moved too much? do you put it under or over boob? whichever way you go, it might be worth trying the other way to see if you get better skin contact that way. on the plus side, at least you didn't electrocute yourself :-)

AFM, i've been working like a dog for the last few days. yesterday my shift was from 7am-10pm, and i didn't want to work out when i got home (i leave the house at 6am and get home at about 1030pm). but my diet was acceptable. then i got home last night and just could not relax (busy at work and took me a while to wind down). it was 2am before i got to sleep, then 5am when i got up again. i got to work as usual at 615am, and told the girl i was working with that i was tired and wanted to leave early (at about 2pm- i work until 4pm). but then it all hit the fan again, and i didn't get out until nearly 6pm, and hit rush hour traffic. i got home at about 7pm!

i'm too tired to work out- but i feel so incredibly guilty!!! my head wants to work out, but my body disagrees vehemently. my legs are itching to run (or i've got akathesia!!!!), but i just don't think i can. someone tell me it's ok.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    It is ok!! You're allowed rest days! I had the same thing last night, I felt so guilty for just sitting watching tv that I did 50 crunches while I was watching just to ease the guilt. We're all going exercise crazy!!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Oh girls, I hear some self doubt this morning! Lets shake it off and realize that this is the part of lifet that we will have to contend with forever. And of course it's the part we don't like. It would be nice if everything fit in a box and the box never tipped over but that is not the case. We WILL handle the curves life throws at us.

Nicole, yes, you ate the bisquit, and you propbably shouldn't have, but you also went for a walk, which is a very positive thing to do! So, you did do a good thing today, And you learned somthing, you learned you can't count on your son to help you with spicy food, (at this age yet), and you learned that those bisquits are high in calorie so next time you won't be tempted.

Joni, you will do what you can to get the extra exercixe in. Walk as far as you can, stairs if possible, extra bathroom trips, whatever it takes. Work is work, you can't NOT go. Next day off, hit it hard and you'll be fine. (sore but fine)

Tammy, I'm dusting my bike off, (buying a bigger seat) and gonna ride with my kids, thanks for the reminder.

Katrob9, good job on those crunches, way to stay motiviated.

NOW I've gotta go or I'm gonna be late for work. Stay strong ladies, this is our journey and we WILL DO GREAT!!!

~Mary
  • tammyquinnlmt
    I need someone to entertain me in the evenings. I am having issues with late night snacking. Its slowing my progress. It hits when its too late to workout. Because if I work out I'll just be up later, and I know I"m not hungry..just bored. I guess its something I just have to overcome. I know all the tricks, but my mind over-rides it by thinking I have to have that snack!
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    I didn't work out yesterday. FIrst day of my period always knocks me down hard. doing a double today to make up for it. I didn't much of anything that was really good. even had pizza for dinner because I spent 90% of the day on the couch. today is a new day though!
    I wish I could go for a bike ride! I sold my bike and trailer to pull my son in so i could get turbofire. we don't really have bike friendly roads near my house though, out here there are dogs running loose everywhere and I couldn't take a chance of my son getting bit being right at eye level with them. My husband almost got bit on 2-3 different occasions. it stinks.
    oh well, we do what we can!
    have a wonderful day today! you're all doing great!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Bonjour, its ok. Really it is. Just go for that run when you can. I just walked to the post office for a little rush of excercise. Gas prices are so high, and I figured I would save money, mail my bills, and get excercise all in one move. I am finding I'm having a hard time with regime type excercise...so I'm doing the best I can. This morning I woke up with a bad case of "screw it I'll just be fat", but hopefully this walk will help me overcome.
  • mbvenske
    Throw that "screw it I'll just be fat" right out the window, and great job on walking to the post office.

I'm hungry!! I can't wait to get off of work so I can get some fresh air. The air exchanger is not working here today and it is hot and stuffy in this place!! Making me tired and cranky. I either wanna sleep or eat. Right now I can't do either which I suppose is a good thing!
  • dmkaiser83
    I said that couple months ago. I literally said, "eh, I'll just be fat. who cares?" gotta get out of that mindset!! great job walking to the post office!
    knocked out one workout, I will do the other this evening. I'm fighting a case of couch potato syndrome this afternoon. I did great this morning and now i'm just so sleepy! maybe i need to open a window and get some fresh air in here.
  • bonjour24
    thanks for the support ladies. i really need it. i think the support is just as improtant for those taking it too far, as well as those that need to take it further.
    i'm going to go for a run today after work. i NEED to. i'm surprised how much this has become part of my life. i don't have to force myself to do it- i want to. who'd've thought!!!!
    but i've got to be careful not to do too much- i've got a 10k funrun on sunday, and need to have energy for that.
    but it sounds like a few of us are wobbling- a day off is ok - relax and enjoy it. but then it's time to pull your socks up and get back to it. and yes, it is ok to be overweight....... but is that what you really want?
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    I agree, Tammy! Bike riding is fun and it gets the kids moving as well. I think I might have to do that one day this week. Added bonus for me... the 35 pound boy that will be riding on the seat behind me! It makes a HUGE difference when he is on the bike! :o)

I was so mad at myself today. I met a friend at the mall to walk, and after an hour we called it quits. We walked at a very good pace, so I was thirsty (forgot my water), and my son had been so good in the stroller (he is 3), I thought I would get him a lemonade from Chick-fil-a and I would get a coke zero. Wouldn't you know, they were giving out free spicy chicken biscuits this morning and the old me said yes before the new me had time to think about it. Once I got it, I figured it couldn't be THAT bad if I gave half to my son & I ate the other half. It has quite a kick to it, more than a three year old can handle, so I ended up eating the whole thing. Then when I got home I looked up the calories... 450! YIKES! I only burned around 300 for my walk! I defeated the whole purpose of exercising! :o( I ended up doing some gardening this afternoon as well, so it all balance out, but it is situations like these that I gain the weight I lose back EVERY SINGLE TIME! Sorry... needed to vent a bit! Anyway, I hope you all have a great night/day - whichever time it is where you live. :o)

Sweet, we all have bad day...tomorrow is another day
  • mbvenske
    Well, my day is almost done. I got my 3 mile walk in, then went garage saleing with my boys. Got myself 3 pairs of jeans (namebrand Maurices if that means anything to anyone) but they were a size smaller than my ones I'm wearing now. Figured for 5 bucks I'd "grow" into them. Anyway, got home and they FIT!!! I was excited!! $150 dollars worth of jeans for $5. I was doing the happy dance.

Ladies, we are all doing so well. I don't want to see anyone get burnt out. That is the point that I usually get to around a month into a diet. And I am right about a month into this, I don't want to burn out. So I want to thank each and everyone of you for being here for me. Listening to me rant, supporting me, and just going this journey with me. I feel much stronger and more able to accomplish this life style with others in my corner.

Pat yourselves on the backs girls, because I appreciate you and you deserve it!!!!!!

~Mary
  • Hodgeypodgy
    Hodgeypodgy Posts: 45
    Awww Mary you say the nicest things. We all need to just keep going, not worry about the little things but just remember why we are all here and what we want to achieve.

I went for a 7k/45min run today. I have been wanting to snack as well, I think it is because I have been bored. I ended up having a couple of girl scout cookies, which get sent out to us in the box load and are always lying around. But still it could have been worse.

Keep it up!!
  • dmkaiser83
    2nd workout done. think i might stick with doing 2 a day. I like it and I'm hoping it will help me sleep better!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Each and every one is doing a great job with getting the workouts in ! In excited to get back to exercising next week ! I have taken 2 weeks off because of a pulled muscle in my back and im feeling lots better now !
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    I took my bike to the bike shop yesterday...it was in the back of the garage for 6 years. I am going to start riding again. It will be another way to get out into the fresh air....and another way to exercise that is fun.
This discussion has been closed.