Sixers Holiday Challenge - Week 2

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yay Tan! You found it! I added your progress into the list below...you did say a 2 pound gain correct? No worries! I'm sure it will come off again quickly! I also love that quote: "He who angers you, conquers you." VERY good.

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155 CW 159 Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 GW 199 CW 211.8 Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197 CW 199.6 Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150 CW 156.4 Progress: +0.8
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214, first weigh in 220, progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171 CW 177.6 Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 GW 168.9 CW 172.2 Progress -1.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 GW 255 CW 265 Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 GW 141 CW 150.2 Progress -0.8
    Shanell ~ SW 211 GW 201 CW 211.5 Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 GW 156-157 CW 161 Progress 0
    Tan ~ SW 295 GW GW 275 CW 297 Progress +2.0

Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Amy ~ SW 194 GW 182.2
    Andrea ~ SW 197 GW 185
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Katie ~ SW 211 GW 199

Well...hoping to hear from the rest of our ladies!

KATY......AMY.......ANDREA......ROBIN......CASS.....KATIE

I am getting ready to leave work here in a few and head to the gym for Step class and Ab workout. Very excited for that! And...I'm excited to say that I've been looking more into getting certified to be a fitness instructor. I want to teach Spinning, Step, and BodyPump. I want to get more in shape before teaching Step or BodyPump, but spinning is one I'm wanting to start with. BUT there are no trainings in our area currently. And my friend at the gym said that they just recently had one here so there probably won't be one for a while. Oh well...something to look forward to! I'm on the email list so that when one comes to our area I will be notified! I'll keep y'all posted!!!!

Well...time to get a few last things finished! I'll check back probably not until tomorrow morning. Have a FABULOUS evening girlies!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Oh I forgot to note my exercise. I'm going to do the biggest loser DVD.

I like fun food so heres a quick and easy meal especially for movie nights at home with your loved ones

chicken quesadilla's
    YOU WILL NEED
    tortillas wheat or white(whatever you fancy)
    2 per quesadilla
    chopped tomatoes
    chopped green onion
    4 thin sliced chicken breast( you can buy them thin or if you like you can use regular chicken breast0
    1 pack of old elpaso seasoning
    shredded lettuce
    salsa ( try mango, pineapple, peach, or regular whatever you fancy)
    shredded cheese mexican GET THE 2% IT'S A LITTLE HEALTHIER
    SKILLET preferable non stick and big enough for you to flip the quesadilla

1st.. wash chicken, season it to taste (but watch the salt)
    cook it on george forman if you have one (saves time) other wise cook it in a pan on stove using a little water (do not bake chicken)
    while chicken is cooking dice all tomatoes and onions and lettuce
    once chicken is finished, dice it an place it in a sauce pan. sprinkle the old elpaso seasoning and enough water to cover chicken. allow to simmer and mix well.
    ONCE CHICKEN IS FINISHED
    take a tablespoon of salsa and spread in on one tortilla. add cheese( about 2 fingertips full) but not too much, add a table spoon 1.2 of chicken, add onion and tomato. place the tortilla in the already sprayed pan that has been warming up on low heat. once in the skillet place the other tortilla on top.

Press down with spatula, flip it after 5 mins or when you know the cheese has melted some. keep flipping every 5 min until golden brown, and melted. divide in fours and enjoy!

CORN SALSA WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO MAKE IT AS WELL AS BLACK OLIVES AND ANY OTHER VEGGIE YOU MIGHT ENJOY.

if any of this was confusing and you want to try it just let me know.
  • kistinbee
    Yummy Tan!!!! I will have to try this!!! Thanks!
  • tjones7
    Thanks Kristen

No worries you will be agreat instructor. I take my hat to all who does spinning cause I've tried it and that darn seat hurts my bottom:happy:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Hey ladies!!

Just checking in and wanted to share a funny story with you. So before I left for Thanksgiving last week my sister said she had sent me an "early Christmas present" that she thought I needed before the holidays. I assumed it was an ornament for my tree or a new piece for my Willow Tree Angel Nativity. It didn't come before I left and so I went to the apartment office today to pick it up. I told the girl there that it was probably a smaller box (remember thinking it is an ornament) and she looked at all the small ones and soon discovered that it was actually a very large and VERY heavy box from Target. I could barely get it back to my apartment.

Confused, I opened it up and inside was a set of adjustable hand weights that I had asked for for Christmas!! My sister knew I was trying to stay in shape over the holidays and is very supportive of me and thought I would like to have them before Christmas! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: Basically I have the best big sister ever (which is funny because although she is 5 years older, she is not bigger, she's very very tiny, like 5'2" and 115 lbs. haha :laugh: )

I just thought that was funny, no wonder the box was so heavy!!!!!

I will catch up on personals soon. Tammara, hang in there, I know it is hard when we can see something that our loved ones can't, but I will keep your family in my prayers and hope that everything works out for the best. :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Yes...the seat is ackward for a while...but I promise you get used to it! And thanks! I really hope to be a fun instructor. I'm VERY excited to get there!!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    kisitin tried the fish tonight, all three of us loved it. i didn't have enough parm cheese so used what ever cheese i had in the fridge. thanks for sharing
    going to try the chicken in the crock pot when i can some beans and salsa.
    drtamm...if that is your moms house you need to get the dead beat out. can you stay with her for awhile and help her get over the divorce? you will be in my prayers. my MIL was married to an abuser (not FIL) and kept her home bound. she got in trouble for getting mayo one time. anyway after all the kids telling her to get rid of him she finially saw what he was doing and left him. she had to see it for herself. we just were there when she needed us.

popcorn night with biggest loser. i am sure glad we do these mini challenges. the other one i am in is falling apart. it was a very long one, people are just giving up i think. but, the holidays people think that if they eat a day or two it's the end. it's not the end. that's why you guys are great, we all do it. we all pick ourselfs back up and dust ourselfs off and we're off running again.

well, off to take a bath............:bigsmile:

later gater....cathy
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Kristin, good for you! I miss teaching... I'll definitely get back into it when my schedule is more predictable (read: when the kiddos are a little older). You'll be a very inspirational teacher :bigsmile:

Tan, thanks for sharing that! Sounds yummy!

AmyLou, that's great - isn't it nice to have supportive family??

Well, speaking of family I need to get supper ready for my family gathering tonight! My cousin, his wife and their baby plus my brother and his partner are all coming for yam black bean stew and tree trimming! My cousin's wife can't have dairy right now so I bought some vanilla almond milk to make some homemade hot chocolate after supper. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    Cathy, SO TRUE about this great group of sixers, eh?? We're strong and we're strong for each other!!

Kristin, I'm also eager to try that fish recipe. I can't find tilapia anywhere around here but I'll use another whitefish like halibut or sole.

Okay, seriously I'm hauling myself away from you guys!! :laugh:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Hello everyone. Thanks for adding me to the list Kristin.

Today has been wonderful. Got hubby to come walk with me to get the kids at daycare, then we hung out with some old friends for awhile and came home and made dinner. Now just chilling for tonight.

B: 2 slices of lite wheat bread with cheese and 1 egg and a banana
    S: 100 cal Fig Newton Berry bar
    L: Healthy Choice Panini and a SF Stawberry jello with pineapple
    S: Mini Pringles
    D: Grilled chicken and corn bread and spaghetti squash with tomatoes and cheese
    S: Pumpkin Trifle, yum, leftover Thanksgiving

Exercise: Got in about 45 minutes of walking.

Excited tomorrow is my Friday for the week. Took Thursday and Friday off of work. Hope everyone has a wonderful night. Later.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member

Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Amy ~ SW 194 GW 182.2
    Andrea ~ SW 197 GW 185
    Robin ~ SW 194 CW 195 GW 185 Progress =1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Katie ~ SW 211 GW 199

Aack! I was 193 a couple of days ago, but was up today. I notice my weight bounces a lot more, now that the doctor told me I couldn't drink as much water. Blech!

Good exercise today, but now my legs hurt so bad, I can hardly walk! I did a new class yesterday, and I was a bit sore today, but went to body focus anyways, and then did C25K after. Ummmm not smart, evidently. Food, little on the easy side, I bought a gyro kit over the weekend, and am trying to eat them all before I have to throw them away. As long as I exercise, it works out ok.

Breakfast
    Generic - Large Egg, 1 Egg 70 cal
    Oscar Mayer - Ready to Serve Bacon, 2 slices(16g) 35 cal
    Mushrooms - Raw, 2 large 10 cal
    Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped 17 cal
    Generic - Egg Whites, 2 egg 34 cal
    Spinach - Raw, 0.75 cup 5 cal
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, November thru May average, 0.33 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) 9 cal
    Kraft - Cheese- Cheddar, or American Fat Free Slices, 1 slice 25 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 cal
    Total for Breakfast 295 calories

Lunch
    Opaa - Gyro, 1 pita, 3 slices meat 500 cal
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, November thru May average, 0.33 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) 9 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 cal
    Total for lunch 599 calories

Dinner
    Hungry Jack - Mashed Potatoes - Instant, 1 cup (prepared) 300 calories
    Homemade - Turkey Breast, Roasted With Skin, 2 oz. 56 calories
    Home Made - Turkey Gravy, 2 oz 24 calories
    Bisquick - Biscuits, 1.5 biscuit 203 calories
    Great Value - Frozen Whole Kernel Golden Corn, 2/3 cup 80 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 2 cup 180 cal
    Total for dinner 843 calories

Total calories consumed 1,737
    Your Daily Goal: 1,760
    Remaining: 23
    *You've earned 560 extra calories from exercise today
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Hey ladies...

Things are kind of hectic for me right now, finals coming this week and next, plus last minute tests and all that - and I am looking to move out on my own again in January/February!! A friend of mine is going to crunch numbers for me and see what/if I can afford it. I am maxing out my student loans next semester and I have Hope scholarship (for GA residents with good grades) and the federal pell grant as well, so I will receive a check for a little over $7k ... Wish me luck on hopefully finding a way to make it work!!

I wont be writing that much the next few days but I am reading every evening ladies, I promise- and I am SOO proud of you all for staying so on track, even when you have gained a little. Just coming and reading every day still helps me, thank you all SO much :smooched:

This week I am down 2.6lbs from last tuesday. (Im not counting my Friday weigh in since I was at my sisters and didnt use my normal scale)

Week 1: 183.2
    Week 2: 180.6

Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 180.6 / Progress -2.6

Amy ~ SW 194 GW 182.2
    Andrea ~ SW 197 GW 185
    Robin ~ SW 194 CW 195 GW 185 Progress =1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Katie ~ SW 211 GW 199

I miss you all and will catch up with you guys when things slow down a little for me- but Ill be reading thats for sure :wink:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • PedalHound
    Busy times - just wanted to post meals for tomorrow:

1: japonica rice porridge (made from left-over rice, skim milk, cinnamon, agave, cranberries, walnuts)
    2: 1 apple, whole wheat tortilla "pizza" of salsa, scrambled egg, tomato & skim milk cheese
    3: 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ 1.75 tbsp almond butter
    4: 87g strawberry yogurt
    5: Ezekiel bread w/ tomato, alfalfa sprout, cheese, basil & garlic (put under broiler for a couple of mins)
    6: protein shake after work-out
    7: spicy peanut chicken pad thai (homemade) w/ lots of veggies
    8: protein shake & 1 piece (7g) chocolate

work-outs are my advanced step and hopefully a run in the morning.

I had a PHENOMENAL evening with my family. SO great. I read the posts but it's way too late and I need to get some sleep. Hello and hugs to everyone!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Rhiannon - glad you had such a good time with your family!!

Well ladies, today has started out well. Week 3: Day 1 of C25K. Felt pretty good today so I was excited. Long day of one class, work, and a lot of study ahead of me. Not positive on the food plan as I still haven't gone to the store. I find it hard to go since I only have about two weeks until Christmas Break and I don't want to leave a lot of food here for four weeks! :sick:

So far here is the plan:
    B: multi grain cheerios, skim milk
    S: coffee - either home brewed or starbucks skinny cinnamon dolce. Haven't decided
    L: Turkey on whole wheat, with miracle whip light
    D: chicken breast, veggies, and brown rice (what i didn't have last night, hehe).

Have a good day ladies, I will check back in later. kind of want to do the Shed DVD as a study break tonight, but we will see how that goes. don't normally do that and C25K in the same day. :smile:
  • kistinbee
    Well hello ladies! Lots going on! Trying to catch up. It started snowing early this morning and was pretty slick by the time I left for work so I got here a little late. Last night was good. Had a fabulous step class and Ab workout...I'm seing more definition in my legs which makes me very happy! :bigsmile: I had left-over Taco Bean Soup for dinner. No salad. Then some Dove Dark chocolate and 2 pieces of black licorice...darn TOM cravings! But still went to bed with 150 remaining calories!

Today will be a little different since I have a dentist appointment after work to get a bunch of fillings and so will be missing my workout for this evening. BUT...I planned my meals and am hoping to do some Ab work at home. Here's the meal plan for today:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255
    Total breakfast 284

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Baked Apple Spice Cereal Bar, 1 Bar 110
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Beefsteak Bread - Pumpernickel bread, 2 slices 120
    Alfalfa seeds - Sprouted, raw, 0.5 cup 5
    Athenos - Hummus - Original, 2 tbsp 50
    Kraft Singles - Swiss Fat Free Slices, 1 slice 30
    Total lunch 320

Afternoon snacks
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Total afternoon snack 72

Dinner
    HomeMade - Lazy Day Lasagna, 0.111 of total 190
    Home made basic salad with spritzer dressing, 1 meal 83
    Total dinner 273

PM snacks
    Snacks - Popcorn, air-popped, white popcorn, 3 cup 92
    Total PM snacks 92

Total: 1,181
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: 19

I hope I can stick to this plan. WIth is being TOM...it's hard with the cravings. AND since no exercise...I'm missing those extra calories! But I think I can do it...no, I KNOW I can do it!!!!

Katy...focus on school honey. You are doing so fabulous that I wouldn't even worry too terribly much about what you're eating...school should for sure come first!

Rhiannon...your meal plan sounds wonderful! Still wishing I had those sprouted grain bagels here!:cry:

Robin...you are going GREAT!:drinker:

Shanell...have a good 2 days off from work! Great to spend some time for YOU!!!!!

Cathy...I'm glad you liked the fish! It's a favorite at our house!!!! YUM! I want to make it again!!!!:laugh:

All my other girlies...have a FABULOUS day!!!!!

And here's the updated list one more time:

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.8 / Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 199.6 / Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 156.4 / Progress: +0.8
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 168.9 / CW 172.2 / Progress -1.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 150.2 / Progress -0.8
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 211.5 / Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 156-157 / CW 161 / Progress 0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0

Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2
    Andrea ~ SW 197 / GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8
    Katie ~ SW 211 / GW 199

Still waiting for Amy, Andrea, Cass, and Katie!!!!!!!
  • tjones7
    Hello Ladies

Rhiannon you are welcome for the recipe and anyone else who wants to try it.

ok, I am extremely busy today and i probably won't be back on here but I wanted to check in today.

ok yesterday, did baaaaaaaaaaaadd My friend had a suprise Birthday dinner ot O' charleys I ate chicken tenders and broccoli and 2 roll. in additon to pink lemondade and cheesecake.; i was so full but I had to eat the last piece of cheesecake (i could still here my mom saying eat all of your food) but I paid for it cause my belly hurt so bad. AND NO WORKOUT

today, i've eaten a yogurt, i have an apple in my bag, and popcorn in my cabinet.

i will be out with my client's allllllllll day so I have no clue. I will workout tonight with my friends. We do dance aerobics every wed for and 1hour plus ab work.

I will get it together!!!!!!!!

Have a great day and keep pushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kistinbee
    Nice job jumping right back in there Tan! And FAB attitude! You know what you need to do! That's GREAT!!!!

I am just on a quick break. A little tired today. But it's okay. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!
  • Good morning my dears!

So sorry I have been MIA. Its just been crazy busy.

Here is my tuesday check in

SW 194
    CW 193
    down 1 pound.

Made it to the gym last night. It was a short visit though. 1/2 hour on the stairmaster. It was so busy and my sister in law was tired and didnt want to stay long. I am learning that I need to do this by myself. I would stay longer and workout harder. My SIL is getting her masters in Nurse Practitioning so she has a full schedule. I am walking with other moms this morning but this might be the last one of those. It is 2 1/2 hours of walking. It burns about 800 calories but it is 2 hours! Yikes. It takes up so much time. So, my plan starting tomorrow is to go to the gym, by myself, while my kiddos are at school. I feel like this will be the ticket! Its whats going to get me there. Phew, thanks for listening to me vent!!!!

No food reports for today. Last night was chicken, raw veggies and potatoes. Not sure about tonight. More chicken? Maybe on a ceasar salad.
  • kistinbee
    Hi Amy! Happy to hear from you!!!!! Nice job on the loss!!!!!!:drinker:

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.8 / Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 199.6 / Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 156.4 / Progress: +0.8
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 168.9 / CW 172.2 / Progress -1.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 150.2 / Progress -0.8
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 211.5 / Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 156-157 / CW 161 / Progress 0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0

Andrea ~ SW 197 / GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8
    Katie ~ SW 211 / GW 199

Only a few more we're waiting on. Man we have a GREAT group!!!!!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Hi Ladies,

I'm doing pretty good keeping on track right now with exercise & cals. Like Katy I am reading the posts, just not enough time to respond. I am thinking of you and I feel bad not having time to post & encourage others. I promise to make up for it next week. Just finished my hour workout at community center and it felt really good. Hope everyone is doing well.

Katy, Amy, & everyone else out there getting ready for finals. Keep a positive attitude & good luck!!!

Have a great day everyone:bigsmile: