52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    I'm Spartacus

I am Smartypants.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Buy some chickens. Grain is cheap - then eggs come out of their arses and when they are done laying you can kill them and eat them. They taste just like...chicken.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Buy some chickens. Grain is cheap - then eggs come out of their arses and when they are done laying you can kill them and eat them. They taste just like...chicken.

I did this... with ducks... they're in my backyard right now, going crazy over a little snow...
  • alexkeithwatson
    alexkeithwatson Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Film is really good.. I Tried a bulk but started putting on fat like crazy lol... I was an ectomorph for so long like last year I was 9.5 stone and it was impossible to gain weight.. Now im 12 stone and I put it on like mad.. Want to maintain and lose bodyfat while getting lean body mass.. Im 5'11 170 pounds/ 12 stone have a pretty intense 3 day split workout. Feel free to add me and critique my diet.. Only started today so you only got my breakfast on there haha.. I would also recommend getting a protein powder supplement to get that extra protein you need. convenient and can be cost effective. I buy a lot of frozen chicken breasts too they're really cheap.
  • alexkeithwatson
    alexkeithwatson Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How do you delete posts lol
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Deleting my post and getting of the forums for today - the gaining section is getting as irritating as the others :(
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm gaining weight - I'm not a guy taking drugs, sheest
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    one of the cheapest cuts of beef is the best, Eye of Round very low fat and not so tender but cheap. It is the only beef I eat. Of course beef prices have gone crazy lately :(
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This is the Goal: Gaining Weight section. Is it your contention that this sections is unnecessary? As for the personal attack and generalizations made, I will choose not to engage in this portion of the troll.
  • Delphino
    Delphino Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying this is the first time I have posted to any of these blogs. I read them constantly just never post. Secondly, WOW! There are so many contradictions to the responses, it is overwhelming. Your original question needs some refinement. If you are trying to lose fat and put on muscle that is most definitely possible. If you are just trying to gain overall size (which is contrary to Gerard Butlers physique - even without computer enhancement in 300) then no it isn't going to work. People lose fat and build muscle every day and absolutely no one on here can tell you precisely how to do it. It is quite different for everyone because so many things have a factor in it. How you eat is crucial to what you are trying to accomplish and some on here can do it with a high protein low fat diet, while other can do it with a high fat, moderate protein and next to non-existent carbs. You have to trial and error it and find what works the best for your body. In order to put on muscle while losing fat you have to have a strong strength training program, BUT it has to be accompanied with the correct diet for your body. You may or may not need cardio. Without knowing your stats and your history of gains/losses it is hard to actually make suggestions for you. I would suggest you provide a bit more info. Also you have to have some way to measure your actual body fat to determine where you are losing / gaining. You can't just judge it in a mirror. I know this isn't much help and I would be more than glad to offer suggestions if you will provide more info about your body as it currently is.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The "monster" dude was more buffed and defined. That's what I'd go for.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    gregbun wrote: »
    jorocka =American -that explains the attitude. You wonder why nobody likes Americans with people like this representing them.

No one likes me because I'm rude and a general *kitten* not because I'm an American. Get it straight.

And while yes there is a difference between size and definition.. You cannot have good definition without SOME size.

So just saying gaining size is pointless is an incorrect and blatantly misdirected statement.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    No one likes me because I'm rude and a general *kitten* not because I'm an American. Get it straight.
    I suddenly like you quite a bit....lol
  • JoRocka
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I suddenly like you quite a bit....lol

Tee hee hee
    Insert wicked grin
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Haven't read all the responses, but do you live near an Aldi? They have fairly low-cost produce and meat. Love their wild-caught salmon. Do not get their processed stuff, tastes like crap. They even have organic. I'm also a Costco member, get lots of stuff there as well, chicken breast, eggs. Great deals on protein bars and powder. I eat healthy, doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.
  • gregbun
    Options
    gregbun wrote: »
    jorocka =American -that explains the attitude. You wonder why nobody likes Americans with people like this representing them.

And while yes there is a difference between size and definition.. You cannot have good definition without SOME size.

So just saying gaining size is pointless is an incorrect and blatantly misdirected statement.

Bruce lee had no size but had definition so that makes your statement kind of wrong lol
    Training the nervous system is what gives you the best definition, without gaining weight.

• JoRocka
    Options
    He had some muscles to be defined.
    Otherwise according to your line of logic every holocaust survivor would have been ripped like a fitness model. That's not how it works. You have to have a base on order to have definition and it actually look like something. Just having low body fat isn't the answer.