How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

1234568»

Replies

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    $15 per month regular gym. State of the art equipment, studios, classes and pool. Meal plans, online workout programme planning. Convenient and would be totally worth it if I used it as often as I should.

$40 for Curves which I have just joined. Totally worth it. Fixed programmes, set pace, jump in jump out of high intensity 30minute programme. Convenient.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    $169/mo. Crossfit gym inside of a regular gym.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    I pay $365 for 2 years at 24 hour fitness. comes out to about $15.21 a month. Bought at Costco. And i go enough to make the commitment worth it. Includes all gyms but the ultra sports. The one i go to has a pool steam room, jacuzzi, sauna etc. Classes are free. Plenty of cardio machines, weight machines and free weight. Great for when i am out of town, if their is a 24 hour fitness i can go.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    0. :) I get free classes at work, and walk at home. I was paying about 49.99/mo.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    About 50/month for weights/classes/cardio/pool and full court basketball. Also has access to a full blown spa/tanning/massage studio. Open 24x7x365 so it meets all my requirements.
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    I pay $10 a month, with a $50 annual fee. Just joined in November, and not entirely happy with the shower situation (one shower, in what used to be a men's bathroom when the place was a banquet hall turned bowling alley. I do think they finally removed the urinal. But it's 2 miles from my house, so I just shower at home after.) my membership does not include any classes, but I'm not a big fan of them anyway. It is a 24 hour gym, which means I can workout on holidays, or if I get bored and wide awake at 2am, I can go burn off some energy.

There is only one squat rack, but I time my visits for afternoon before the regular work crowd is out, so it isn't usually taken (although I've skipped the strength training lately, since I developed what I think is tennis elbow - see a doc next week. I miss lifting.) so I just turn on Bones/Castle and use the elliptical for 30-60 minutes, depending on how I feel. It's closer and larger (which means the equipment is much more spread out) than my old gym, so I'm saving on gas and not tripping over other people.

Maybe once the kids move out, I'll turn one of their bedrooms into a gym. Just need a power rack, bench, dumbbells and elliptical machine and I'm set. :)