Eating VERY clean and tons of protein but still hungry

Options

Replies

• allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You've only eaten around 800 cals today, according to your diary, and you have 1200 cals remaining to hit your goal for the day...and you say you're hungry, so maybe I'm just not grasping the question? You need to eat more, you're hungry, you have the cals available...I'm just not seeing the issue??

I said that I JUST, as in an hour ago, changed my activity level from sedentary to lightly active therefor my calories JUST increased.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    You've only eaten around 800 cals today, according to your diary, and you have 1200 cals remaining to hit your goal for the day...and you say you're hungry, so maybe I'm just not grasping the question? You need to eat more, you're hungry, you have the cals available...I'm just not seeing the issue??

I said that I JUST, as in an hour ago, changed my activity level from sedentary to lightly active therefor my calories JUST increased.

Sorry, I'm at work and had pulled the thread up to read, did some work stuff, and came back to the thread and replied. Your comment had not been made at the time the thread was accessed.
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    I am exercising, t25 Mon-Fri :) Also, I am not logging water just because I forget, but I drink a ton of water :)
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    lol no worries :) I wasn't sure if you saw it. I knew I had to explain that one.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1660 is okay, IMO if you're going to eat back your exercise calories - you could get away with more and still lose, if you wanted to.

If you're sticking with that goal, could you do with less carbs? Protein and fat can be more filling and as a poster above said, carbs that are high in fibre will fill you up too.

edit: most people, starting off, will go for the '2lb a week loss' option. IMO that's fine but if you're feeling deprived and end up binging it could take you longer anyway. If you're hungry with the deficit you have and don't think you'll stick with it, try 1lb a week.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Here is the calculator I've been using over the past year. I'm 20 pounds down and I've got about 15 left to go to my ultimate goal weight.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

The weight loss is very slow, but I wanted it this way because I don't want loose skin or to be hungry all the time.

I just ran my first 5k in November and have lots of treats throughout my day. It's a process and it takes time but if you stick with it, you will see results.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OP: I eat between 1600-1900- calories to lose a pound a week, I am 5'2, 45 yrs old and I am now maintaining between 2400-2600 calories for several months now. I eat everything in moderation, why? Because life, birthday parties, vacations, weddings, etc....you know cakes, ice cream, burgers, fries!! ;) You can eat more!!

Read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Slow and steady is the way for healthy weight loss.

• PeterSedesse
    Options
    Also watch out for coffee with a light breakfast. Caffeine will speed up the contractions of your intestines and make you feel empty quicker. If you are going to eat that light of a breakfast and have coffee, try to add more fiber. Oatmeal is great for that, even a small portion will make you feel full.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    looked at you diary (which is public by the way :) ) I noticed you are very low on your protein goals. Protein is harder to digest typically and will help you feel fuller longer
  • jpaulie
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    looked at you diary (which is public by the way :) ) I noticed you are very low on your protein goals. Protein is harder to digest typically and will help you feel fuller longer

oops my bad read it backwards. ouch
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »

I thought I was way over my protein goals?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    No matter what MFP tells you how many calories to eat, if your hungry, even if you don't have any calories "left", eat something. and don't forget the water. The numbers MFP gives you should be a starting point. As long as you are choosing healthy foods, you'll do fine. Carrots and peanut butter isn't going to undermine your weight loss. Good luck! 8 pounds in 9 days is drastic. You have wiggle room here!
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    lol, ok I was confused
  • jpaulie
    Options
    sorry me again, simply could be you are used to more food, takes awhile for the appetite to curb (don't take it from me i get things backwards)
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    I also want to say, I am not TRYING to lose a lb a day, for whatever reason that is just what has happened. I have my goal at 2lbs/ week which I think is a healthy weight loss.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My best guess is that this calorie level is a larger differential from what you were eating before than you may realize. If you keep losing at this level or keep feeling hungry - up your calories a bit. That should help. Also, drink lots of water - that will help keep you feeling full.

Good luck!

20757594.png
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    lol @ jpaulie. That is what I am trying to figure out. Before this I ate what I wanted when I wanted, literally. I bet some days I consumed 10, 000 calories. I just didn't care. So I was hoping this hunger would pass. BUT I am losing quite quickly and not meaning to
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    lol @ jpaulie. That is what I am trying to figure out. Before this I ate what I wanted when I wanted, literally. I bet some days I consumed 10, 000 calories. I just didn't care. So I was hoping this hunger would pass. BUT I am losing quite quickly and not meaning to

Read the sexy pants thread.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Forget everything else said. Go read the linked sexy pants thread, follow it to a tee, you will bet set up perfectly.
  • redsoxmj
    Options
    I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but I could absolutely never eat that "clean" every day. Some days you just have to throw a snack in there to make you happy. A diet isn't ever going to work, it's a lifestyle change. Eating diet foods day after day after day is going to get exhausting, you're going to stay hungry and it's going to cause you to drift back to eating the way you were before. It looks like you are eating enough calories most days with the foods, so it might be a mental thing with the hunger. I would throw is something maybe 1 or 2 times a day that will make you happy. I like those mini reeses peanut cups or some chips and dips. I'm also partial to some ice cream/frozen yogurt after dinner. If you are happy and believe that you aren't restricting yourself it could mentally satiate your hunger.