jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    maybe not enough fat in your diet. fat keeps you full longer
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Ok back on page three you said this:

No. Food is not = energy nothing else that is a fact.

so now you are back tracking and saying it is?

just trying to clarify bro...

You said food = energy nothing else that is fact.

You are wrong.

so food is not energy????

which one is it? You are going back and forth like a ping pong ball..

so lets clarify..

Food = energy ...yes, or no?
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like starchy food like rice or spaghetti or bread, so I eat lots of it and it makes me full.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    You are confusing the social aspect of food eating out, dining in a social setting, eating for enjoyment, etc, with the nutritional side of food, which is food for energy. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive.
    If food is only energy, there is no nutritional side and no need to track macros.

If preferences matter, then people can have preferences to not eat certain foods.

Food doesn't contain energy, it gives us energy...
    Speaking of splitting hairs...

I was clarifying since some seem to think the general idea was energy comes in food like calories or protein or fibre. . . No need to be rude about this.

If you think you don't get your fuel to keep going from food, then think that way. I'm not here to argue . . . it's just a thing that our body does to convert the food we consume into energy to use to keep going.

I'm not going to argue about this because it's really just not going to get me anywhere. So I'm done and if you are one of those I need to have the last word kind of person, then by all means.

And by the way, you're using energy to get those last words in . . . I wonder where you got it from?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Food does actually contain energy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_transformation

I don't think anyone misunderstands that we get energy from food.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    You are confusing the social aspect of food eating out, dining in a social setting, eating for enjoyment, etc, with the nutritional side of food, which is food for energy. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive.
    If food is only energy, there is no nutritional side and no need to track macros.

If preferences matter, then people can have preferences to not eat certain foods.

Food doesn't contain energy, it gives us energy...
    Speaking of splitting hairs...

I was clarifying since some seem to think the general idea was energy comes in food like calories or protein or fibre. . . No need to be rude about this.

If you think you don't get your fuel to keep going from food, then think that way. I'm not here to argue . . . it's just a thing that our body does to convert the food we consume into energy to use to keep going.

apparently, some people do not understand basic human anatomy and how food is used for energy ..

along the same lines food must be demonized as "bad" because that is the only way to lose weight...
  • ndj1979
    Options

so then why the argument over food = energy?

are you saying yes now? Or are you still disputing it?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

So then the statement food = energy is true . . .

So why is anyone debating it???
  • malk2651
    malk2651 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OP looks to be using the default macro nutrient settings. I would adjusting the ratios for fats & proteins to see which give better satiation.

For example I prefer 35% carbs 30% fats 35% protein. Some folks prefer a 40/20/40 split. Try adjusting those ratios and see what happens.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

Do you understand the difference between these two statements?

Food provides energy.
    Food's sole function is to provide energy.

You talk as if no one else does.

• ndj1979
    Options

Food provides energy.

so what else does food do when you eat it? food provides humans with energy that is how we nourish ourselves..

what other "function" does food provide?
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options

apparently, some people do not understand basic human anatomy and how food is used for energy ..

along the same lines food must be demonized as "bad" because that is the only way to lose weight...

Who, anywhere in the history of MFP, claimed that food is not fuel?

Has someone posted a thread saying "Help! I eat food but my body is not absorbing energy from it!!!"

You keep pointing to the simplest of concepts, that food is how humans fuel themselves, and acting as if there is some debate about that.

There isn't a debate going on about whether or not food is fuel.

You are very strange.

• ndj1979
    Options

Who, anywhere in the history of MFP, claimed that food is not fuel?

Has someone posted a thread saying "Help! I eat food but my body is not absorbing energy from it!!!"

You keep pointing to the simplest of concepts, that food is how humans fuel themselves, and acting as if there is some debate about that.

There isn't a debate going on about whether or not food is fuel.

You are very strange.

NOW that is a rare one..

back on page three when I said fuel = energy you said "false" and went on to say it is not true..

now you say that is a fact that everyone agrees with??

obvious trolling, is obvious trolling...
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options

FYI - OP was not concerned with not losing...her problem is eating "too clean" which leaves her "starving" [/quote]

Absolutely NOT!!!! Clearly you misunderstood. I am eating the foods i like but in smaller amounts. I am eating high protein and minimal carbs because it makes me feel better. I was wondering if my calories were too low or looking for suggestions on of it is normal to feel hunger all day. That is it. I did not say the "clean food was leaving me starving"
  • allison1983weber
    Options
    I am looking for suggestions from people who know how to support someone who's long term goal is to lose 100lbs. I am not looking for an argument. I could eat nurtient dense foods all day or non nutrient dense but I prefer the healthier choices. They make me feel better.

• allison1983weber
    Options
    Also...thank you to the person who suggested I eat more for breakfast. By now I am having my first snack because I am hungry but today I am not :) learning process
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If your "clean" eating is making you "starve," why not eat a piece of cake? Golly, if I had leftover calories and my my macros for the day, I'd be jumping for joy to have something satisfying. And if you like your "clean" foods, find something high in protein. Cake is probably "dirty" to you, so why not try a Quest bar or a peanut butter banana smoothie?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    astrose00 wrote: »

its not an opinion ..food = energy ..nothing else..that is a fact...

No. Food is not = energy nothing else that is a fact.

People have different tastes. You might love brussel sprouts while I think they taste like dirty socks.

People have different histories with food. You might associate eating ham with Thanksgiving and Christmas, while I associate eating ham with breaking religious rules.

People have different reactions to food. You might eat four Oreos and not give the bag another thought, while I eat four Oreos and spend the next six hours stuck in an agonizing mental battle between wanting to eat more and not wanting to eat more.

What you eat is fine for you.

That doesn't make it fine for everyone.

You are not the center of the universe and all else is but a mirror reflection of you.

Sorry, bro.

Well said! There seems to be a common theme on MFP that if you choose not to eat pizza or cookies, etc. that you are wrong, have a bad relationship with food, are deprived, miserable and will fail. In the past, I struggled with when to stop overeating "junk" so I stay away from it. The difference now (compared to when I lost weight before) is that I realize I can't just go back to bad habits as soon as my goals are reached. Some people can have one cookie and then stop. Some can't. I would rather not even have the internal battle and just have some other thing I enjoy that won't sabotage my goals. Will I ever eat candy or pizza? Probably. But even if I never did, I wouldn't be miserable. Seems to me that if not having a food can make me miserable then that's a worse relationship with food than just choosing to abstain. There are plenty of people who, for health or other reasons, cannot have sugary foods or high fat foods. Does that mean they are doomed to a life of misery? All of my friend who never seem to "diet" or have issues with weight gain have one thing in common. They don't obsess about food. That's what I'm striving for.

There is a big money industry (fitness & bodybuilding) where WHAT you eat makes a big difference to your success. The most successful bodybuilders and fitness models wouldn't look the way they look if they ate pizza and the like whenever they had the urge.

Wrong

Agreeing with your wrong and adding this...

http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/how-clean-eating-made-me-fat-but-ice-cream-and-subway-got-me-lean/
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Food provides energy.

so what else does food do when you eat it? food provides humans with energy that is how we nourish ourselves..

what other "function" does food provide?

Provides vitamins and minerals, curbs hunger, changes moods.....