Eating VERY clean and tons of protein but still hungry

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Just in to say...it's nice to see an OP that can take some critical advice without getting all pissy.

Good for you, OP. Read the sexy pants thread - it's really helpful. Good luck to you!

well she called someone a "d-bag" but the mods came in and cleaned it up ...

Oh boy. I missed that.

Ok, nevermind. What was I doing, thinking there could be logic and reason? Silly rabbit, indeed.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Omg i don't mean dirty ffs. I just mean good, whole, healthy. No need to be a douche

so i am a "douche" for pointing out that there is no "bad" food and you can eat ice cream…hmmmm OK ..

define "good, whole, healthy" food, because I have no idea what that is.

Please remember that not everyone holds the same opinions/beliefs as you do towards food.

its not an opinion ..food = energy ..nothing else..that is a fact...
    No, it isn't.

Like most of your "facts", that is incorrect. Food contains many things, including water, vitamins and minerals. Not is not just energy/calories via macronutrients.

For all the time you spend insulting, mocking, name-calling and laughing at others, you are almost always wrong. The insults do not now, nor did they ever, nor will they ever mean that you are right.

Yes, and guess what your body uses all of those things for energy to fuel it.

so at the end of the day Food = energy

If you don't understand that, then you need to go back to first grade science...or maybe call one of your DR friends and ask them ...
    Again, you are wrong.

You are almost always wrong and all of the insults will never change it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Omg i don't mean dirty ffs. I just mean good, whole, healthy. No need to be a douche

so i am a "douche" for pointing out that there is no "bad" food and you can eat ice cream…hmmmm OK ..

Please remember that not everyone holds the same opinions/beliefs as you do towards food.

No, it isn't.

Like most of your "facts", that is incorrect. Food contains many things, including water, vitamins and minerals. Not is not just energy/calories via macronutrients.

For all the time you spend insulting, mocking, name-calling and laughing at others, you are almost always wrong. The insults do not now, nor did they ever, nor will they ever mean that you are right.

If you don't understand that, then you need to go back to first grade science...or maybe call one of your DR friends and ask them ...
    Again, you are wrong.

so you are saying that food is NOT energy, right? That is your argument?

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    She is probably saying that vitamins, minerals and water aren't energy. Those are for health.

Do they role up into the overarching "Energy" umbrella? I don't know nor care, but I am guessing that is where the semantical debate is coming from.
  • Kalikel
    Options

No, it isn't.

Again, you are wrong.

I am not presenting an argument. It isn't up for debate. There is no "at the end of the day, I'm right."

You aren't right at the end of today. You aren't right at the beginning or middle of the day. You aren't right at night.

You are wrong.

You are wrong now.

You are almost always wrong.

The insults do not change anything. Ever.

Argument, lol. No.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

No, it isn't.

Like most of your "facts", that is incorrect. Food contains many things, including water, vitamins and minerals. It's not just energy/calories via macronutrients.

You are still wrong!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

No, it isn't.

Again, you are wrong.

I am not presenting an argument. It isn't up for debate. There is no "at the end of the day, I'm right."

You aren't right at the end of today. You aren't right at the beginning or middle of the day. You aren't right at night.

You are wrong.

You are wrong now.

Argument, lol. No.

Sounds like you need to see a doctor for that issue.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You are wrong in a car

You are wrong at a bar

You are wrong with your friends

You are wrong in South Bend

You are wrong as can be

You are wrong, don't you see?

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
  • ndj1979
    Options

No, it isn't.

Again, you are wrong.

You are wrong.

You are wrong now.

Argument, lol. No.

that sounds like the argument of a four year old...

*poking fingers in ears* and screaming..nanananana boo boo

its ok, you don't know what you are taking about and are out of your league, I get it..

just go back to blind support and smiley faces, it seems to work better for you ...

• ndj1979
    Options
    beachgod wrote: »
    You are wrong in a car

You are wrong at a bar

You are wrong with your friends

You are wrong in South Bend

You are wrong as can be

You are wrong, don't you see?

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

seriously, I feel like I am in a dr seus book ..
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok....got it everyone. I will not use the forbidden word "clean" ever again to describe food. Food is food, yes. I feel better when I eat "good for me food." Yes, I got upset at someone for being rude. We all have a starting point. This is mine. I understand not everyone is here to help, although many are. Try to be nice to everyone...learning or seasoned. Thanks for everyone's advice and encouragement
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If food is only 'energy' why eat any variety at all? Why not just live off eating protein powder with a spoon? Or Blizzards all the time? Wait, if it's only energy, why would Blizzards appeal to anyone? All that energy?

Why eat with other people, or use it to celebrate on holidays, or go to restaurants?

Why spend hours a day on a dieting site if food is only energy to you? Why track each bite you eat while in maintenance if food is so inconsequential and one dimensional? Someone who truly sees food as only energy would have no problem winging it and would probably be the last person you'd find needing MFP.

Mentally categorizing it as 'only energy' might help people keep the emotions out of it. But in human society, it's never going to be just for energy, even if it wasn't all tied up in health.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    If food is only 'energy' why eat any variety at all? Why not just live off eating protein powder with a spoon? Or Blizzards all the time? Wait, if it's only energy, why would Blizzards appeal to anyone? All that energy?

Why eat with other people, or use it to celebrate on holidays, or go to restaurants?

Why spend hours a day on a dieting site if food is only energy to you? Why track each bite you eat while in maintenance if food is so inconsequential and one dimensional? Someone who truly sees food as only energy would have no problem winging it and would probably be the last person you'd find needing MFP.

Mentally categorizing it as 'only energy' might help people keep the emotions out of it. But in human society, it's never going to be just for energy, even if it wasn't all tied up in health.

so just because I realize that food is energy, means that I cannot enjoy it, really?

Take the flip side of your argument, if food is "bad" then how can you ever possibly enjoy anything. You should just eat fish and green beans and drink water for the next fifty years then...right?

IMO, my view is more liberating than the food is evil folks. I can eat food that you all say is "bad" and enjoy it, know I am hitting my goals, and not restricting myself. What is so bad about that?

I track my calories and macros so that I know that I am hitting my goals. I also know that dietary context and goals matter in my food choices. Knowing all these things makes me more knowledgeable about the food I am eating and my goals.

But yes, at the end of the day food is just energy that fuels my body. I still, however, love to eat it. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You are confusing the social aspect of food eating out, dining in a social setting, eating for enjoyment, etc, with the nutritional side of food, which is food for energy. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive.

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    so just because I realize that food is energy, means that I cannot enjoy it, really?

Take the flip side of your argument, if food is "bad" then how can you ever possibly enjoy anything. You should just eat fish and green beans and drink water for the next fifty years then...right?

IMO, my view is more liberating than the food is evil folks. I can eat food that you all say is "bad" and enjoy it, know I am hitting my goals, and not restricting myself. What is so bad about that?

I track my calories and macros so that I know that I am hitting my goals. I also know that dietary context and goals matter in my food choices. Knowing all these things makes me more knowledgeable about the food I am eating and my goals.

But yes, at the end of the day food is just energy that fuels my body. I still, however, love to eat it. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You are confusing the social aspect of food eating out, dining in a social setting, eating for enjoyment, etc, with the nutritional side of food, which is food for energy. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive.

We eat food in order to fuel our bodies. You are absolutely right about that. We don't use gasoline or electricity or wood.

If that was the end of the story, then no one would ever have any trouble with excess weight. We'd all eat exactly what we needed for our fuel consumption.

Except that's not what happens. As you yourself point out, people enjoy food.

You, apparently, enjoy all food. For you, all food is good. Super. Good for you.

Other people don't enjoy all food. Certain foods cause them to have reactions that are unpleasant and they don't want to experience those reactions anymore.

I don't eat roast beef, for instance, because every single time I have roast beef, I get a stomach ache.

For me, roast beef is BAD. It's still a source of fuel, but it's one of the last sources of fuel I'd reach for.

You are welcome to eat roast beef. No one is telling you not to eat roast beef. But you -- YOU -- are the one insisting that because YOU enjoy roast beef, EVERYONE has to eat roast beef, and if anyone insists that roast beef is BAD for them, then they are stupid, ignorant, a special snowflake, etc. -- whatever insult you are trotting out this week.

You are confusing the personal aspect of food (good / bad) with the universal aspect of food (fuel).

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If food is only energy, there is no nutritional side and no need to track macros.

If preferences matter, then people can have preferences to not eat certain foods.

And yeah, the insults are getting old, as is the "my way is the only right way" attitude.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    If food is only energy, there is no nutritional side and no need to track macros.

If preferences matter, then people can have preferences to not eat certain foods.

And yeah, the insults are getting old, as is the "my way is the only right way" attitude.

I said in my opinion..

and you are confusing social aspect of food with its nutritional/energy side...

• ndj1979
    Options

We eat food in order to fuel our bodies. You are absolutely right about that. We don't use gasoline or electricity or wood.

If that was the end of the story, then no one would ever have any trouble with excess weight. We'd all eat exactly what we needed for our fuel consumption.

You, apparently, enjoy all food. For you, all food is good. Super. Good for you.

Other people don't enjoy all food. Certain foods cause them to have reactions that are unpleasant and they don't want to experience those reactions anymore.

I don't eat roast beef, for instance, because every single time I have roast beef, I get a stomach ache.

For me, roast beef is BAD. It's still a source of fuel, but it's one of the last sources of fuel I'd reach for.

You are welcome to eat roast beef. No one is telling you not to eat roast beef. But you -- YOU -- are the one insisting that because YOU enjoy roast beef, EVERYONE has to eat roast beef, and if anyone insists that roast beef is BAD for them, then they are stupid, ignorant, a special snowflake, etc. -- whatever insult you are trotting out this week.

You are confusing the personal aspect of food (good / bad) with the universal aspect of food (fuel).

Ok back on page three you said this:

No. Food is not = energy nothing else that is a fact.

so now you are back tracking and saying it is?

just trying to clarify bro...

• Kalikel
    Options

The nutrition "side of food" is not simply "food for energy."

There is much more to it than "food for energy."
  • Kalikel
    Options

She, too, is pointing out that you are wrong.
  • ndj1979
    Options

She, too, is pointing out that you are wrong.

hmmm well now she said I am right...so which one is it?