WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2015

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My father and my paternal grandfather both had colon cancer so I had my first colonoscopy at 44. They took out one polyp (benign). The second and third were clear so I got put on the 10 year cycle. My DH has one every 3 to 5 years. They cut polyps out every time. His aunt and uncle on his father's side both had colon cancer. His father had kidney cancer. Our poor kids really need to watch this one.

DH and I go to different doctors for this and they each do different prep. I actually don't mind the prep but definitely go for the unflavored drink.

The weird thing about our insurance is that the first one was free but now that they've found polyps the procedure is coded diagnostic instead of preventative so we have to pay our deductibles and copays. If they had found nothing they would continue to be free. This makes no sense to me, because cutting out polyps seems preventative to me, but what do I know?

While we're on the subject of doctors, my gyn retired and I have to get a new one. What a pain! I thought about not getting one since I've had a hysterectomy, but really don't want my gp doing a breast exam or seeing me naked. I'd like to find a nice female dr to see.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr yoga and then 1hr deep water today. Tomorrow's plan is to do a "10 pounds down" DVD that I got for Christmas. Nope, changed my mind. I'll do the 20-40-60 workout that I was panning to do Friday since I need to go to the Y and will have to shower afterwards, then Friday I'll do the "10 pounds Down" DVD since I'll be at home and don't have to get dressed.

Bryan sent me two exercise DVD's and a cookbook. To be honest, I think he was somewhat embarassed that we'd given him something and he didn't get anything for us. He also sent things for Jessica and Denise.

Kate - welcome! It's good that you didn't give yourself a set time limit because if for some reason you didn't reach it, you'd be very upset. Good luck to you. Keep coming in here

toni - that's what I thought you meant when you said "football jog". Yes, I really like the zero impact in the deep end but you can really get a good workout. Lately I've been having these "mini-hot-flashes", I don't get flushed or sweat dripping down (I attribute that to exercise) but I get a very warm feeling coming over me. It's not bad at all if it happens in the pool.....lol We had a substitute today in class. I'm not real crazy about her style of teaching. She usually teaches on Mon and I'm never there on Mon. I guess of all the instructors, I like the gal who teaches on Fri the best. However, I like going to yoga on Wed so I do Wed every other week. Good luck on the "baby pool"!!! :)

pgordon - keep coming in here and you won't believe how much support you'll get

marywetterlund - congrats on breaking that nasty plateau!

Phyllis from Indiana - welcome

sharon - I'm glad that I don't have reflux. No citrus or mint! I could handle not having the other things, but I love citrus fruits. Really, truth be known, I love almost all fruits. I used to not be able to resist having popcorn at the movies, so what I'd do is pop myself a bag of it and take that with me. Now I'm not really into having popcorn. Interestingly, around Christmas when I was having lots of greasy foods (things with butter, not something deep fried) I was having some reflux. But as soon as I went back to low fat eating, the reflux went away

Carol - I tell you, the worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep. I swear, there were times when I thought I didn't have anything more to come out of me, and STILL I'd go. Another bad part (but not as bad as the prep) is the fact that you can't wear makeup (at least I was told that I couldn't, not sure why)

Sylvia - I certainly don't envy your temps. You can keep them, thank you very much. Sorry about your glasses

I was planning to do a 20-40-60 workout at the Y Friday, in the meantime a friend called asking if I could drive her to Charlotte since she has a detached retina (not sure how she knows she has one). I told her I'd pick her up at her place around 8-8:30 and Vince would drive her since I'm supposed to go to a meeting about the Newcomers website. I told them that I'd be glad to input information, but I have no clue whatsoever (and don't have any desire to know) about things that go on behind the scenes.

We're supposed to go out to lunch with the Newcomers tomorrow. I've looked at their menu online and I'll either get the child portion grilled chicken nuggets with green beans and if I can't get a child's portion I'll get the shrimp and lobster chowder which is about 250 calories.

After exercising stopped at Big Lots to get Vince rye bread (it's marked down but it's still good), then to Bi-Lo to get items on sale then to CVS to get a prescription for Vince only it's out of stock so I'll probably have to go another day. When Vince went to his cardiologist appt I went to Sam's to return this gift Lynette gave me (too small around the waist), then stopped at Hamrick's to look for bras but they didn't have any that I'd like but they did have jeans on sale for $8 so I got 2 pair. OK, they're not name brand, but I can live with that for $8. Then went to Food Lion to return some things I'd gotten.

Tina - MAKE THAT APPOINTMENT!!!!

Diana - congrats on the NSV. LOVED the cartoon

Alison - Personally, I think your dh has more than *a* screw loose

Kathy - so glad to have you here. Come back often

Rita - beautiful pics of your family

pipcd - thanks for sharing so very much about yourself. Helps me to know you better

teri - welcome from another technically challenged person.

Carol - one of the advantages to Obamacare is that my colonoscopy was free. Last time I had to pay my copay so yours might very well be free. This is preventive.

Add me to the group who loved Dark Shadows. Who remembers "Never too Young". I think it was on right before DS

Meg - YOU, TOO, MAKE THAT APPOINTMENT. I'm surprised that you hadn't already

Jane - sorry to hear about your son losing his job

Beth - how wonderful that your son has decided to do things on his own. That'll really help him. It's one thing if mom makes him work out, but it's a totally different thing if he does it on his own. I'm sure it'll help him.

auntieroe - welcome to a great place for support

Janet - you reminded me that I'd heard of nude yoga. I just can't imagine a class of people doing "down dog" in the nude.

elliescot - welcome, sounds like you're on your way!

pipcd - did it hurt you being awake for your colonoscopy? I wonder if I can be awake for part of it (the next time I have to have it done) but then be put to sleep for the remainder

Sylvia - I had to take two Dulcolax tablets. But to be honest, I don't know how much they did. Then I had to mix this bottle of MiraLax with Gatorade. They SAY you can't taste the Miralax, but still the only way I could finish it was to hold my breath while I was drinking it. And then I had to have some jello just to get rid of the taste. I think that you just get sick of it. Then I had to take two more Duloclax tablets. Again, I don't know how much that worked or not. I was also on clear liquids for about 2 days.

barbie - I got "no salt" chicken broth. Kitchen Basics makes it.

deeander - welcome! Come here often to gets lots of takers

Michele in NC
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    deeander wrote: »
    Hi I have been a member for a couple years now. I am feeling alone in my journey as the couple fitness pal friends l made are away for months. I was hoping to give and get thumbs up and a few brief words of encouragement. Any takers ;)

Hi Deeander! Feel free to send me a friend request! Welcome to you.

Diana in Northeast Indiana
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hello, all - caught up again on the posts. Was at work all day and did not hear the news about Paris until driving home. What is the world coming to? I don't understand, so will pray, trusting that God is sovreign.

DH has a birthday this weekend -- a family dinner is planned, along with the final family Christmas.

Need to get a few things done before bed.

Gail, metro ATL
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I had Demerol or something like it for both my colonoscopies, and was in and out of consciousness and blissfully unconcerned with anything that was going on.

Hubby had the same thing and he was just miserable. He HATES feeling out of control, so he was grumbling before, during and after. He is not a good patient in any situation. He had surgery to repair a hiatal hernia and was so annoyed and unpleasant that I think they were glad when they got to send him home. And it's so unlike him to be that way. He's normally sweet to everyone. He just felt like he had no control over the situation and he hated it.

Sylvia
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Michele: While you were getting your colonoscopy, I was getting my mammogram and bone density scan. :p I like getting these medical things done early in the year.

Rita: What a beautiful family you have. I love your goals.

Margaret: Cute pix and thank you for the flowers. The photo calendar is a wonderful gift. I have done one every year as a holiday gift for my DH which recaps the trips and fun stuff from the year. It’s much easier than trying to get prints and make scrapbooks every year, which is what I used to do. When I take photos, I now save them with the YEAR in the title, so I can easily find what I have to work with when December rolls around again.

Katla: What a shame about the yoga postponement. :| I hope you can find something nearby. I also recommend jessicasmithtv.com for her excellent selection of workouts you can do at home. Try my favorite = “Strength in Stillness”.

Carol: I’m tired just reading about your move. Sorry the kids are disappointing you at a time you need support. Bravo for making good food choices this week. My experience with cats is that anywhere their humans, food and litter box are is home. My boy Mars loves exploring new spaces! :D

Vicki: ((((Hugs)))) I hate hearing that someone as sweet as you is suffering from depression. Chin up, friend. God has you in His hands and all will be well.

Meg: Great to see you. I’m going to call you for some coaching before I go for my next colonoscopy.

Jane: Prayers going up for your friend and you son. <3

Janet: Cheering as I hear about your clothes fitting better.

Last Saturday I tried my first Zumba class in person. Much more fun than doing it alone with a dvd! My local fitness center is buzzing with the extra people who show up this time of year with great intentions but weak commitment. I’ll be going back for another go round and decide if I want to make Zumba my regular Saturday workout.

January goals:

1) Keep to under net 100 carbs per day
    2) Try a Zumba class at the gym at least twice
    3) Keep my MFP streak alive through Jan 31st
    4) Savor more, guzzle less. This aligns with my word for 2015: Mindfulness

Stay strong. We can do this.
    Rori in the Colorado Foothills

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Toni – good luck in the “pool” better wishes for all to be healthy and happy!

Pgordon65, marywetterlund, Phyllis from central indianna, BElizabeth, Kathy, deeander and everyone new or returning that I missed….. welcome!!!

Heather –northampton - sending good thoughts for your hubby and for you.

Sharon in the frozen North - Good luck on Monday – hope they figure out what is going on.. I have a friend who had weird sleep patterns and heart “issues” which after every test known to man could not get it figured out – she went the naturopath route with great success but I was comforted that she got all the tests and checked off all the “life and death” things first.

Trish - I found a walking video on youtube I have done a couple of times… but outside is my first choice and living in California I can usually pull that off.

Dorene – I have friends in Belen and in Placitas, NM and relations in Sandia Park …. Seems like the go to place for Californians..

Terri – you are doing great about “hiding” exercise in and about your day- great job

Alison – I threw my own b-day party this year; so much better than some years… I picked the place, I picked who would be there… it was great.

Nancy - there is a saying running around this forum “don’t let perfection be the enemy of the good” seems fitting.

Pipcd34 – I loved hearing a bit more about you, I knew about the bike commuting, I feel like I am getting to know you and all the others.

Carol - the sleep thing was an article I read in the AARP magazine, and shared the link…. This is it I think-- http://www.aarp.org/health/brain-health/info-2014/sleep-for-brain-health.html
    I still don’t have a key to my mom’s house; I do know which window is the cheapest for me to break if I have to get in….. that’s her boundary

Jane Martin – hope your son finds new employment very soon, it is hard to be between jobs.

Beth – great job clearing out the basement; and a mini- gym is a great use of space!

Janet – I started eating cereal on MFP instead of giving it up… but I do ½ cup of non-fat plain yogurt, about ½ cup (depending on type) of fruit with 1/3 of a cup of fiber cereal on top and that combo holds me till lunch… I am currently eating Kellog’s crackling oat bran…but a high fiber low sugar cereal that goes on sale occasionally is my requirements.

Heather – great job on the cleaning up; I missed it, or am having a senior moment, where are you going that will be warm?

Michele – NUDE YOGA???????gasp!!!!

Well, thanks for having dinner with me… I read a little, ate a little, typed a little – repeat!!! I fixed an acorn squash – I have always had it oven steamed, then a bit of butter and brown sugar in the cavity and heated through, well this time I did it with a tablespoon of orange juice instead of butter and brown sugar… different but good. I also did a pounded chicken breast rolled with parmesan cheese, caramelized onions, then around it a slice of bacon… baked on a rack so the grease drained… yummy

January goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Do a fun thing every week.

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sure is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now it is 6 degrees but wind chill much less. My favorite hairdresser lives about 15 minutes out of town. It was time for my every 6 week hair cut and it was hard to stay on the road.

Dark Shadows, yep I remember it but only because it was a forbidden show in our house. But sometimes if we got home from school and Mom wasn't there or busy we would try to peek at it. One time we did vacation on Georgian bay in Canada. Don't really remember why or how we picked that place but we wanted to go out of the US. We liked the size of the lake area, AAA said that there were things to do. We did the boat tour, drove around, did some general sightseeing. One day we just decided to drive and see what we could see. Well fro the road we thought we saw what looked like a park and in the distance a pretty lake. So we drove in. Well we had to drive and drive and didn't really see anything but wooded area. Also there wasn't a good place for us to turn around. We had a converted van into a camper so there wasn't much room to turn anyway. We eventually got to an area where it looked like the lake was. Soon found out it was a private camp ground, dormitory style buildings and this wonderful lake with a huge tree that was just perfectly silloutted in the water. The camp manager came and asked us what we were doing, we told him we were from southern Indiana and just driving, saw the lake and thought there would be a park. We apologized for interrupting the camp ground. They let us stay, had a meal with them and the kids had a great time. Not all areas in the Bay area were as nice. And the road signs were confusing. But it is a beautiful area and we stayed at a fisherman's lodge that was nice. Fishermen like to really eat and two meals a day, breakfast and supper were included in the price and we were well fed. Now you have to get a passport to even see the Canadian side of Niagara Falls so I guess we will never go back to Canada.

Some one asked how they could get more walking in and not go outside. I think it was Diana who said she walks a lot while she is on the phone in her house.

Having annual physical tomorrow. My appointment time is the first one after they close for lunch so I hope I don't have to sit in the examining room naked except a paper towel on steroids wrapped around my still heavy stomach. My body is getting to cold these days and i will still be freezing from the drive over there. I think I will just put the extra sized paper towel on my lower half and leave my long sleeve shirt on. He is always very polite and knocks on the door and waits till you you give him permission to come in. I will just yank my shirt off then and throw it in the seat. I had my lab work last week and got it back online. Blood sugar is 107, cholesterol is 200 but Hgb A1c is normal as is the cholesterol and lipid profile. So I am wondering if he will have me back to 2 Metformin a day and back to taking my Lopid.

Everyone stay warm and safe. Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It is great to read the posts and find out a little about each of you.
    Yesterday was an appointment with the counsellor. I feel drained after bu I think it is much needed. Tomorrow is with my weight loss nurse. Seems like there is always an appointment.
    Went to Sara's going away party. Strange she is going where a friend of mine has already gone. I found it weird having it in a sports bar where we couldn't sit together but I did laugh a lot.
    To All those resisting colonoscopies. Do IT. I had one 10 yrs ago and it literally saved my life.
    pipcd34 - They took part of my intestines about 2 feet but we have a lot of that For a while I had to go every 6 mos. Now it is about every 2 ys.
    Diana- NSV for sure, 10,000 steps is a victory.
    Rita - Great photos.
    Nancy - Be Real . I love that.
    Katla - Thanks I am trying to sort out what foods are likely culprits. 3 Diet Pepsi = Crazy Night.
    Take care, my friends. So glad that a place this exists.
  • heathermach
    heathermach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all of you. I am a very curious person and so the posts are really great to read. Its good to be able to share and although I don't seem to be able to offer much I think of you all going about your days with various issues.

I am really interested in people and how they live and one thing I have noticed on this site is that many of you love to watch Downton Abbey. Are there any other shows that are really popular with you all.

I have been watching LOST - am now on series 6 and I am obsessed with the people on the programme - I cant wait to watch the next episode. I know this is a really old series but have just signed up to Amazon Prime so get the whole programme within the cost.

I am really looking forward to the windy weather coming across to us from the USA I love it when it rains and the winds are strong.

Is anyone going on Holiday this year? If so where are you all going?
    Anybody visiting the UK this year.

Have a fantastic day.

Lots of Love

Heather (Northampton UK)
    xxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Weird - I seemed to have missed a page, judging by the comments, so I went back and caught up!

Rita - thanks for the great photos! It's so great to put a face to names and see family.

Jane - so sorry about your son's job! :flowerforyou:

Carol - most of our problems in life are caused by not setting boundaries and valuing ourselves enough to say what we want. You are worth it! ! ! ! ! ! :flowerforyou:

In the night I woke ip with typhoid! ! ! ! ! :ohwell: Really achy and nauseous. I took some co-codamol and got back to sleep. This morning I am still aching and my exercise regime was hard work, but I got through it. A couple fewer bicep curls! I am pleased I did it. I have two more pills to take and I'm not at all keen, but I will. I don't think DH will take his as he's still getting over his cold and doesn't want to feel ill again. I don't think we are in much danger of typhoid, to be honest, as we are staying in top quality hotels, but you never know. The biggest danger is Dengue Fever from daytime mosquitoes. Hence the Deet.
    We are going to Sri Lanka for 17 days from 1st Feb. It's a cultural holiday, with a private driver and there will be some safari type walking. No beach. I have got to think carefully about what to wear.

Love to all. Feeling very "off"" :ohwell:

Heather in rainy Hampshire UK
    27681614.png
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    So sad today. -6 outside and son's school is NOT closed. Plus, I woke up at midnight with influenza. I will stop in at work at 8am to get tested, so if it's positive I can get some Tamiflu and hopefully get back to work sooner. I make everyone wear masks, use sanitizer gel often, and do my best to sleep and eat fruits and veggies, plus I got my flu shot this year. Hubby and son will be gone until at least 6pm tonight for bowling, so I should get plenty of rest, but doubt I will have the energy to eat well today.

Hugs to everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Temp 15; w.c. -2; NOT going out if I can help it today! My yard thermometer has gotten stuck at 40 and refuses to go any lower..........can't say I blame it.

Had an awful experience doing picture calendars: One of the support groups I volunteer with ( we support a specialized unit within our police force ) decided to do one to raise money this year.........well, it was finished, gorgeous pics of the officers and their mounts.......and was held up on the desk of a "higher-up" for approval. We didn't get them until Dec.23.........now we are stuck trying to sell for much less than planned. I am sending a bunch to out of state friends and family and we (the support group) are going to have to pretty much "eat" the cost of these things; haven't even heard back from any of the possible local sale sites that we could set up on their premises and the calendars get more obselete with each passing day.

Dorene.......Your exercise plan looks great; best of luck fitting it in!

Terri.........Flu.....Oh, NO!!!! Will be sure to skip Inherent Vice; I see a lot of movies, so thanks for the heads up.

Diana.........Love the cartoon!!!!

Vicki......Sorry things are not going so well. We'll be here to listen anytime; like Michele said the other day, we're open 24 hrs.

pip.......Enjoyed learning more about you and how you got here.

Toni.......Hope for a seemless delivery and that you win the pool. Welcome blueberry!

Carol NC........I think you have three choices: 1. Tell her what you told us. 2. Get your key back. 3. Change locks. Good luck!

Rita......Great pics! You do look like your mom; pretty girls!

jane........(((((hugs)))))))

Lesley...........Major kudos to you for both the fat and weight losses you are posting! Your hard work is paying off thanks to your patience and persistence!

Margaret........Can't tell you how much I appreciated those flowers!

Kim........ Thanks for sharing your dinner with us; sounds good!

Heather........Sorry you have those post shot after effects.......Hope you are feeling better soon.

Very best to everyone I missed!

Hunger is not an emergency.
    Determined.
    yanniejannie

• mollywhippet
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's a frosty seven degrees (that's above zero, for those of you up north) here this morning. I took the kids to school and then went to Walmart to get dog food, breakfast cereal and antifreeze, then came to the studio. My fingers are so cold I can hardly type. Hubby has a dentist appointment in Joplin this morning and he wants me to go with him, but I really don't want to go. I want to stay here and make stuff that I got ideas for yesterday at the museum. And once I get warmed up I don't want to go back into the cold!

I woke up about 4AM because Molly was out in the living room barking. It was just a little intermittent yip that translates into "somebody come cover me up, please". She loves to be under a blanket. (It's funny how we learn their language.) So, I went to cover her up and couldn't get back to sleep. She did, of course.

Terri, I'm sorry that you got the flu. It sure seems to be running rampant here in our area.

All this talk of nude yoga makes me laugh. Especially the downward dog comment. And envisioning all the old wrinkled people at the Y in the yoga classes. You won't catch me doing it anytime soon.

Well, I have stuff to get done. Have a great day everybody, and stay warm!

Sylvia

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I love reading your stories. So far, so good here. I am watching what I eat.

Speaking of colonoscopies, I have my letter to schedule one.

I had my first one at 41 and had a precancerous polyp removed then had another one at 45 in which just reg. polyps were removed.

All I can say it get your colonoscopy. When I got mine at 41 and the doctor found that precancerous polyp, she was completely shocked and said I saved my own life by insisting on getting it.

I was getting an endoscopy to check for reflux and I told her since I was out to go head and do a colonoscopy. She was resistant but my insurance covered it so she did it.

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    12 degrees here and not expected to get above freezing today. I know that sounds like nothing to most of you who live up north but for us in GA it is very, very cold.

My giant Pom (17 lbs) wants to stay outside and it worries me to pieces. I am trying to make him come inside every so often but he just begs to go back out. Read on line that they have that double coat so he should be OK on the porch sitting on his rug. But, I still worry.

DH left before 4 AM to do his monthly antique show (Scott's Antique Show) in south Atlanta. In truth, he only works 4 days a month but spends the rest of the month collecting merchandise and listing and cleaning. Our dining room and living room are always piled up except on the weekends he does the show. During Thanksgiving, it took him a week to clear and clean so we could have guests in the dining room. Unfortunately, there have not been a lot of estate/garage sales here lately so his merchandise is lower than usual.

I am decluttering some in the kitchen. I will probably give a lot of the dishes I never use to the GW or save them for the garage sale that never was. LOL
  • TatianaMacKenzie
    TatianaMacKenzie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Margareturk: love the garden photos, just what is needed this cold, grey, windy day!
    Still maintaining my set goals for this month, although because of the cold and strong wind yesterday, did walking inside a mall. Today is 2 hours of curling, so although it is cold, there is no wind! And the sweeping keeps one fairly "warm" from the exercise!
    TatianaMacKenzie, Niagara Peninsula.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good Grief it's cold everywhere. Mornin' to all. I hope you are all able to stay warm and healthy. I slept downstairs on the sofa last night so our outside lab could stay in the house. Didn't sleep well, but glad Maggie got to be inside rather than her heated garage.

*BElizabeth, welcome back. You and many others have reminded me that I must make MFP and logging my intake a life long journey. I'm sure I would gain back, if I stopped after I reach my goal. You know you can do it and we are all with you.

*Cityjane, you get an A+ for keeping up with your typing. Good for you!!

TNToni, I hope you are feeling better today.

*Sally W, I loved your statement about looking for the joy in every day! That is something I think we could all concentrate on. It seems every where I go (and I'm not talking about this site) I hear people complain about this and that; the line is moving so slow, the temp is too hot or cold, the sky is too blue.....what ever! Why can't we be happy we have money to shop and be in a line? Life is what we make it.

*I have a dear friend that at 72 has never had a colonoscopy because she doesn't want to get the IV. Some people you just can't help. :s

*Barbie, I agree on the cereal. I just think back to the calories in what I used to eat, with a whole banana on it. OMG It's a wonder I didn't weigh more. lol

*deeander, welcome. Come to this group often and for sure you won't feel alone. We love to support our fellow Pals. Tell us more about yourself so we can get to know you.

*Kim, I like the quote, "don’t let perfection be the enemy of the good" but have to say that I gave up on perfection a long, long time ago. Well, it's either that or I chose to believe in, "I'm perfect for this place and time" and can improve. :)

I hope you all know that I just made that up about the nude yoga. If there is such a thing, I'm not aware of it and in fact don't even want to think about it. eewwwww I'm happier with the way I look in clothes but don't even want to see this naked body in the mirror.

*Terri, Heather UK, and others that are feeling the effects of illness, I hope you have a speedy recovery. The older I get, the less patience I have with being sick. Feel better, ladies!!!

*Swanky, how good that you got the colonoscopy when you did. An ounce of prevention, as they say!

Welcome to all the newbies! This is a wonderful, caring group of women. Come often and tell us about yourselves so we can get to know you. All the support you need is right here.

Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Have a happy, healthy and warm day, my friends.

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,686 Member
    Options
    exermom - no, didn't hurt at all while I watched on that colon thing. what cracks me up is the first time I did it, we had a long ride to do (80 miles on day one starting at Mt Vernon WA, bike ride we do every year for MS) and I wasn't sure if I was going to have any residuals come out and not to mention lack of food, etc for the energy to do the ride. but all went well, I did it and NO leftovers came out. lololol...
    - for all the people who liked learning more about, I am dying over here because I forgot what I wrote.. gotta scroll back to refresh my memory..lololol
    - more info - l am the youngest of 7, mom had me when she was 23 (all single vaginal births). everyone in the family still lives in CA (san Joaquin valley) I am the only (smart) one that lives in WA.
    - I am Hispanic (yes I do speak it)
    have a good one all.
    quazgvylxfgr.jpg

here's an ol pic of my husband and me after a run we did with our dogs, rocky and Bullwinkle.
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

The Old Man and the Sea

A seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and they take turns to tell their adventures on the seas. The seaman notes that the pirate has a peg leg, hook, and an eye patch. Curious, the seaman asks "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"

The pirate replies "I was swept overboard into a school of sharks. Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off".

"Wow!" said the seaman. "What about the hook"?

"Well...", replied the pirate, "We were boarding an enemy ship and were battling the other sailors with swords. One of the enemy cut my hand clean off."

"Incredible!" remarked the seaman. "How did you get the eye patch"?

"A seagull dropping fell into my eye", replied the pirate.

"You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?" the sailor asked.

"Well..." said the pirate, "That was my first day with the hook."

:s