i'm eating more but still losing weight

Options

Replies

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    No, the rest of the week I eat lean meats, fruits, veggies, and anything else with health benefits. If you buy a 500,000 car, your not going to put regular gas in it, would you? You want the best, and a Big Mac and soda is just *kitten*.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    which food causes cancer???

secondly- at some point most people need some "empty calories" to help round out their day- eating 3K+ every day in chicken breasts and broccoli gets OLD.

Load up my friend- best time of the year is bulking season.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    All the idiocy today has made me hungry. I'm away to kill my gains with some junk, in the form of Chinese :)
  • biorobotics
    Options
    guys, it's just food, calm down.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    Soda is linked to prostate, processed meats to heart disease, diet soda to obesity and a whole slew of problems, look it up. I've been eating pretty clean for the last year and I have seen better results with cutting my gym time in half. Watch all the health nuts on YouTube and body builders. They all Eat and the same thing
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    I'm just saying what worked for me, everyone's different.
  • dawnbatchelor
    dawnbatchelor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Or -if you keep on having problems - get your thyroid function checked by doctor
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Here we go with the "look it up" people again. Look it up where; the internet? Because everything on the internet is true. How about a credible reference for any of that please?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    "Junk food" is all the fast food, mcpukes, taco chicken, Doritos, anything with empty calories, processed, high sugar and sodium. That's why I said have a cheat day, every Friday I load up on pizza, beer and donuts to shock my system and overload on calories, but those foods will spell murder on your organs, veins, that can lead to a whole slew of health problems. Why would you wanna get healthy and strong when your just gonna be riddled with cancer and disease. Eat clean is the way to go. Nothing wrong with bro science when helping, I'm looking at an all around health and longevity, not just the instant gratification of looking good.

hmmm I should be dead by now ...but for some reason my Dr says that my health is excellent...

fear monger much?

so if I eat ice cream, pizza, etc, I will be weak and riddled with cancer, really?

I go the moderation route and have been bulking for since October..up about 8 pounds, lifts are increasing, feel great, and have none of the issues you list.

I guess I am just a special snowflake drifting in the breeze...
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

If that worked for you, how come you can't gain weight? I'm pretty sure you aren't eating as many calories as you think you are. If you are actually eating that clean, it takes a lot more of it.

why not just eat pizza, burgers and fries etc.. to gain and then try to eat clean to maintain?

If I up my calories on ANYTHING or reduce my cardio calories, I gain. No ifs buts about it.
  • ndj1979
    Options

If that worked for you, how come you can't gain weight? I'm pretty sure you aren't eating as many calories as you think you are. If you are actually eating that clean, it takes a lot more of it.

why not just eat pizza, burgers and fries etc.. to gain and then try to eat clean to maintain?

If I up my calories on ANYTHING or reduce my cardio calories, I gain. No ifs buts about it.

because you will end up bed ridden, weak, and riddled with cancer....apparently...
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    I see I just got sucked into this like the last guy.

I did say I just cut my workouts in half, and now I'm seeing my progress
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Oh my.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Oh my.

care to join the fray brother????
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If all else fails, go see your doc. Could be a thyroid issue (surprised no one else has said this).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    "Junk food" is all the fast food, mcpukes, taco chicken, Doritos, anything with empty calories, processed, high sugar and sodium. That's why I said have a cheat day, every Friday I load up on pizza, beer and donuts to shock my system and overload on calories, but those foods will spell murder on your organs, veins, that can lead to a whole slew of health problems. Why would you wanna get healthy and strong when your just gonna be riddled with cancer and disease. Eat clean is the way to go. Nothing wrong with bro science when helping, I'm looking at an all around health and longevity, not just the instant gratification of looking good.

If "junk food" is so cancer-causing, disease-giving, and murder on your organs, why are you eating it on your cheat day? Why bother "taking the risk"?

OT for OP: keep adding to your calories with full-fat foods and oils and nutrient dense foods like nuts and dark chocolate.

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    im just wondering what kind of foods you are eating to meet your caloric requirements? reason i ask is that when i first started a bulking diet i was eating dirty all the time and never put so much as a pound on despite the fact that i was consuming 4/5000 cals per day, it was only when i started eating proper clean food which is much harder to meet calorie goals that i started to gain.

that makes no sense….eat less calorie dense foods to gain weight????? sayy whhhaaaattt????
    Where does it say eat less calorie dense food? I said i replaced junk food with proper clean food, of course i had to eat more of it.
    when i stopped eating junk and replaced it with rice, nuts, brown bread, tuna etc. Etc. Etc. I started gaining weight

perhaps I phrased that wrong...

my point is that it makes no sense to say that you gain or lose on a certain type of food..

surplus = gain
    deficit = loss..

Unless there is another problem such as a hormonal imbalance or thyroid issue. I would say a trip to the doc is in order...just to be safe.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you buy a 500,000 car, your not going to put regular gas in it, would you? You want the best, and a Big Mac and soda is just *kitten*.

actually you should put the fuel the manufacture recommends- because knock is bad mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

not because more expensive car = premium fuel.

#bikerswhoputpremiumintheirbikesaremostlyidiots