i'm eating more but still losing weight

Options

Replies

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Wow whatever you say to make it ok to eat those foods is up to you, chemicals and preservatives over home grown cooked meals, I guess,
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Wow whatever you say to make it ok to eat those foods is up to you, chemicals and preservatives over home grown cooked meals, I guess,

You realize that everything you eat is made up of chemicals don't you?

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Water = bad for you because chemicals
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I would much rather consume pesticides, or pay more for organics(hopefully their telling the truth) then eat junk all the time. I have a cheat day cause I can never stop eating pizza, that's my kryptonite, but I cook it at home with ingredients bought at the market from locals. Best I can do.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    lulz...
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    I would much rather consume pesticides, or pay more for organics(hopefully their telling the truth) then eat junk all the time. I have a cheat day cause I can never stop eating pizza, that's my kryptonite, but I cook it at home with ingredients bought at the market from locals. Best I can do.

Try it
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

thank you deviboy- thank you- that was... just. awesome.

I would like to know where it says all that food is healthy for you?
    I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".
    Why are you still in this bulking forum? I don't get it.
    I was helping devilboy1592 understand the general thought process of how things go in here in regards to the way food is viewed.

You can't help someone when you don't understand the concepts yourself. That's not hard to understand but with the way the back and forth conversations between you and members here go I'm not surprised you can't understand that.
    Maybe I should have worded it better. In isolation, the general thought process on here is that unhealthy and healthy food does not exist.

Enough already. You are always criticizing or debating what is said in here. Then you try to defend it but backtrack. The problem is you do understand a lot if the details that go into this game. That becomes a problem when you try and give advice or debate points. One smart thing to do is to ask questions, lurk, study, learn. Then gradually immerse yourself in the debates.

My biggest issue with you is you wander this Weight gain forum with ideas and concepts but you can't bulk, you don't bulk and you can't remove the tunnel vision when it comes to absorbing the information but yet you continuously make threads longer with the same stuff. The other thread from this morning that made it 5 pages and as soon as I went in it and saw it was just a short time frame I knew you would be all up in it.
    Ok. I think what happens in some cases (like this morning and again now) is that when the general consensus is challenged, and things are viewed the way I see it, I can't resist jumping in. That being said, it kind of seems like from the responses and other posts I've seen from you and ndj, you guys make it seem like the two of you "own" this part of the forum in terms of what should get posted. I mean, it just seems to me like if you both had the power to do so, I'd be banned from this section, while most everyone else would be ok with the things I've posted.

• Hornsby
    Options
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".
    I was helping devilboy1592 understand the general thought process of how things go in here in regards to the way food is viewed.

You can't help someone when you don't understand the concepts yourself. That's not hard to understand but with the way the back and forth conversations between you and members here go I'm not surprised you can't understand that.
    Maybe I should have worded it better. In isolation, the general thought process on here is that unhealthy and healthy food does not exist.

Enough already. You are always criticizing or debating what is said in here. Then you try to defend it but backtrack. The problem is you do understand a lot if the details that go into this game. That becomes a problem when you try and give advice or debate points. One smart thing to do is to ask questions, lurk, study, learn. Then gradually immerse yourself in the debates.

My biggest issue with you is you wander this Weight gain forum with ideas and concepts but you can't bulk, you don't bulk and you can't remove the tunnel vision when it comes to absorbing the information but yet you continuously make threads longer with the same stuff. The other thread from this morning that made it 5 pages and as soon as I went in it and saw it was just a short time frame I knew you would be all up in it.
    Ok. I think what happens in some cases (like this morning and again now) is that when the general consensus is challenged, and things are viewed the way I see it, I can't resist jumping in. That being said, it kind of seems like from the responses and other posts I've seen from you and ndj, you guys make it seem like the two of you "own" this part of the forum in terms of what should get posted. I mean, it just seems to me like if you both had the power to do so, I'd be banned from this section, while most everyone else would be ok with the things I've posted.

What you post amuses me for what it's worth.

• JeffseekingV
    Options

If what you understand about food is true, why can't you gain weight?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Wow...someone who cannot apply context and dosage, nor support his assertions...
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Wow...someone who cannot apply context and dosage, nor support his assertions...

He supported his assertions, remember? Huffington Post....

Next stop Dr. Oz and YouTube videos....
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's funny to see how people get defensive, I'm just merely saying eat food that's good for you, broccoli is better than a damn brownie, energy vs trams fat, macro, micro who cares, I look at sodium, sugar, gluten and gmos, that's all I ate for 35 years, never seen any gains, so why bother, why eat toxic food just to gain a pound of fat then try to burn it off, it sounds like every diet fad out there.

I think you are mistaking being defensive with correctly your incorrect statements, assertions and assumptions. There is a difference.

How is a broccoli better all the time?

Did you even bother to apply any context to the OP or read her post?

Please explain what toxic food is.

Maybe you should have tried eating some protein for your gainz.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    It's funny to see how people get defensive, I'm just merely saying eat food that's good for you, broccoli is better than a damn brownie, energy vs trams fat, macro, micro who cares, I look at sodium, sugar, gluten and gmos, that's all I ate for 35 years, never seen any gains, so why bother, why eat toxic food just to gain a pound of fat then try to burn it off, it sounds like every diet fad out there.
    I agree. But check out this thread, you probably won't believe some of the responses made when I said broccoli was healthier than a brownie. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10037714/sweets-when-bulking/p3

Context.....it's important.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Still waiting for the answer as to how food has zero nutritional value.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Again, who on earth said to eat pizza all the time? Please spend more time reading and absorbing.
  • MattCronin550
    Options
    Fitting your macros with whatever food you can doesn't affect your body composition, obviously. Calories in vs. calories out. But here's what annoys me: Eating *kitten* foods regardless of whether or not they fit your macros is bad for your health. Yeah you lost 20 lbs but guarantee half these people running this type of diet 100% of the time are gonna eventually run into problems. Too high of sodium, cholesterol, trans fat and refined sugars ARE bad for you. Obviously the science behind IIFYM is fact, but trying to be a generally healthy human being isn't gonna benefit from eating food high in all the stuff you don't want, regardless of macros.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    The thing is, you aren't going to hit your macros if you eat "*kitten*" foods 100% of the time. Strawman argument is weak.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Fitting your macros with whatever food you can doesn't affect your body composition, obviously. Calories in vs. calories out. But here's what annoys me: Eating *kitten* foods regardless of whether or not they fit your macros is bad for your health. Yeah you lost 20 lbs but guarantee half these people running this type of diet 100% of the time are gonna eventually run into problems. Too high of sodium, cholesterol, trans fat and refined sugars ARE bad for you. Obviously the science behind IIFYM is fact, but trying to be a generally healthy human being isn't gonna benefit from eating food high in all the stuff you don't want, regardless of macros.

Too high of most things are not good - but no-one is suggesting to eat anything in excess.

IIFYM is not about eating anything as long as it fits into your macros.