i'm eating more but still losing weight

Options

Replies

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

thank you deviboy- thank you- that was... just. awesome.

I would like to know where it says all that food is healthy for you?
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".

Your right that does sound crazy, well said thank you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".

Why is it crazy? You need to apply context...to your diet as a whole....and dosage.

• Sarauk2sf
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    "THE POINT OF FLEXIBLE DIETING IS TO HAVE LONG-TERM SUSTAINABILITY. ALLOWING PEOPLE TO EAT FOODS THEY ENJOY IN MODERATION MAKES THEM LESS LIKELY TO CHEAT AND BINGE EAT."

Took that after reading the article, doesn't mean that they just eat what they want, if he has ice cream once a day big deal, if it's the portion good for him, but that doesn't mean you need to eat all just junk food to get your calories.

Who the heck said you do?

I'm sorry didn't you say" you should see what these guys eat after a competition?" My point is they actually eat very clean all the time.

Please tell me where you have seen those guys say they 'eat clean' all the time? Or even most of the time?

I would also suggest that you read the links to/posts that are actually are actually by those people before you assert (incorrectly) what they eat.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

Have to laugh as he seems to think if you eat certain foods ONE day per week, it's healthy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

anything that supplies macros and micros and makes me happy (all three of which are important)

nothing is healthy or uhhealthy outside of causing allergic reactions or consumed in excess quantities.

Rice has arsenic in it- consumed in small quantities- it's harmless.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Strong trolling.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Why is it crazy? You need to apply context...to your diet as a whole....and dosage.
    I understand that, but many of us come from a background where we've heard that individual foods are healthier than others (like the broccoli vs brownie discussion from another thread).

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Strong trolling.

It must be, right?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    "THE POINT OF FLEXIBLE DIETING IS TO HAVE LONG-TERM SUSTAINABILITY. ALLOWING PEOPLE TO EAT FOODS THEY ENJOY IN MODERATION MAKES THEM LESS LIKELY TO CHEAT AND BINGE EAT."

Took that after reading the article, doesn't mean that they just eat what they want, if he has ice cream once a day big deal, if it's the portion good for him, but that doesn't mean you need to eat all just junk food to get your calories.

Who the heck said you do?

I'm sorry didn't you say" you should see what these guys eat after a competition?" My point is they actually eat very clean all the time.

My best friend is a 2 time Mr. Oklahoma....no they don't.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

I understand that, but many of us come from a background where we've heard that individual foods are healthier than others (like the broccoli vs brownie discussion from another thread).

How does you 'hearing' about something make the rest of us crazy for either not hearing that mis-information or being open and learning that it is mis-information?
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

Ya heard wrong. And if you really had all figured out, then why are you on this site and wondering why you can't gain weight? No one has it all figured out dude
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP, what was the question again?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Oh yes,

OP has dropped weight - coincides with decreased exercise.
    OP is trying to gain weight
    OP is getting full on current calories
    OP is looking to up calories.

Let's shove more broccoli down her throat!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Oh yes,

OP has dropped weight - coincides with decreased exercise.
    OP is trying to gain weight
    OP is getting full on current calories
    OP is looking to up calories.

Let's shove more broccoli down her throat!!

Maybe recommend more cardio and a celery shake blended with water?

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf thank you for posting that, seriously, I always enjoy a good read, but when I discuss clean food or junk food, I'm merely stating that food has no nutritional value what's so ever, I know your "not a car" it was a metaphor, and to me something with no nutritional value could be a problem more than being a solution. When I was young I ate everything, probably consuming 3000 or more calories during with very little exercise, mouth full of cavities and weighing about 145-150lbs, now that I'm eating better more nutritional food I'm getting to where I want to be, and maybe I can help this person out from my experience, maybe they are in the same boat as I'am, but no one is the same, but their might be some tips that work for everyone.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Why are you still in this bulking forum? I don't get it.

Well he does want to gain weight. So that explains that. Why he isn't listening to logic is another story. ie.. eat a damn pizza already!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

How does you 'hearing' about something make the rest of us crazy for either not hearing that mis-information or being open and learning that it is mis-information?
    Because I personally believe you could ask dozens of random people here in the Western world and almost all of them would be in shock if somone told them it didn't exist. It doesn't mean that you would be wrong, but rather it's not the norm, which makes the idea "crazy" (even being true).