Replies

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

thank you deviboy- thank you- that was... just. awesome.

I would like to know where it says all that food is healthy for you?
    I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".
    Why are you still in this bulking forum? I don't get it.
    I was helping devilboy1592 understand the general thought process of how things go in here in regards to the way food is viewed.

You can't help someone when you don't understand the concepts yourself. That's not hard to understand but with the way the back and forth conversations between you and members here go I'm not surprised you can't understand that.
    Maybe I should have worded it better. In isolation, the general thought process on here is that unhealthy and healthy food does not exist.

Enough already. You are always criticizing or debating what is said in here. Then you try to defend it but backtrack. The problem is you do understand a lot if the details that go into this game. That becomes a problem when you try and give advice or debate points. One smart thing to do is to ask questions, lurk, study, learn. Then gradually immerse yourself in the debates.

My biggest issue with you is you wander this Weight gain forum with ideas and concepts but you can't bulk, you don't bulk and you can't remove the tunnel vision when it comes to absorbing the information but yet you continuously make threads longer with the same stuff. The other thread from this morning that made it 5 pages and as soon as I went in it and saw it was just a short time frame I knew you would be all up in it.
    Ok. I think what happens in some cases (like this morning and again now) is that when the general consensus is challenged, and things are viewed the way I see it, I can't resist jumping in. That being said, it kind of seems like from the responses and other posts I've seen from you and ndj, you guys make it seem like the two of you "own" this part of the forum in terms of what should get posted. I mean, it just seems to me like if you both had the power to do so, I'd be banned from this section, while most everyone else would be ok with the things I've posted.

First, I don't own anything and its a public forum so you can post where you want.
    Second, when you post things that don't make sense then you are going to get called on it and asked to clarify.
    Third, this is the one forum on here that I generally enjoy because it does not have all the sugar addiction, detox, i can't eat 1200 calories, clean eating, paleo, BS that goes on in 99% of the other forums, and the people are generally knowledgable and I hate to see it turn into just a regular MFP form…
    Fourth - your constant whining an complaining about "skinny arms" "can't bulk" bla bla bla ..is just getting tiresome man. Good lord either eat more food, pick up heavier weights, and put some mass on, or just be happy with what you are doing now. I mean sarah even offered to help you and as far as I can tell you are still on the "woe is me I can't bulk boat"…if you won't take advice from her then you are freaking doomed man...

but don't come up in here and try to give advice on something you really do not fully understand and have never even tried…

if that is harsh, I apologize but I have one gear and it is usually highly intense….
    I didn't mean for my posts about my situation to come off as "whining" about it, but I can understand what you mean. I recognize what needs to be done about it in terms of how much I'm eating. But aside from Sarah I've gotten very little help in terms of how to proceed with my home setup (other than being told to abandon it and go to my old school and use that gym).

And like I posted in a response to MrM probably a couple weeks ago, a lot of the posts I make here simply add expound or challenge points made, as opposed to telling the OP "I suggest you do this". I wouldn't call a lot of these posts "advice", unless you both consider it all the same.

Trick is you have to figure out what works for you, I have a home gym, I use an app called jefit, nice simple app, give it a look over if you want.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".
    I was helping devilboy1592 understand the general thought process of how things go in here in regards to the way food is viewed.

You can't help someone when you don't understand the concepts yourself. That's not hard to understand but with the way the back and forth conversations between you and members here go I'm not surprised you can't understand that.
    Maybe I should have worded it better. In isolation, the general thought process on here is that unhealthy and healthy food does not exist.

Enough already. You are always criticizing or debating what is said in here. Then you try to defend it but backtrack. The problem is you do understand a lot if the details that go into this game. That becomes a problem when you try and give advice or debate points. One smart thing to do is to ask questions, lurk, study, learn. Then gradually immerse yourself in the debates.

My biggest issue with you is you wander this Weight gain forum with ideas and concepts but you can't bulk, you don't bulk and you can't remove the tunnel vision when it comes to absorbing the information but yet you continuously make threads longer with the same stuff. The other thread from this morning that made it 5 pages and as soon as I went in it and saw it was just a short time frame I knew you would be all up in it.
    Ok. I think what happens in some cases (like this morning and again now) is that when the general consensus is challenged, and things are viewed the way I see it, I can't resist jumping in. That being said, it kind of seems like from the responses and other posts I've seen from you and ndj, you guys make it seem like the two of you "own" this part of the forum in terms of what should get posted. I mean, it just seems to me like if you both had the power to do so, I'd be banned from this section, while most everyone else would be ok with the things I've posted.

First, I don't own anything and its a public forum so you can post where you want.
    Second, when you post things that don't make sense then you are going to get called on it and asked to clarify.
    Third, this is the one forum on here that I generally enjoy because it does not have all the sugar addiction, detox, i can't eat 1200 calories, clean eating, paleo, BS that goes on in 99% of the other forums, and the people are generally knowledgable and I hate to see it turn into just a regular MFP form…
    Fourth - your constant whining an complaining about "skinny arms" "can't bulk" bla bla bla ..is just getting tiresome man. Good lord either eat more food, pick up heavier weights, and put some mass on, or just be happy with what you are doing now. I mean sarah even offered to help you and as far as I can tell you are still on the "woe is me I can't bulk boat"…if you won't take advice from her then you are freaking doomed man...

but don't come up in here and try to give advice on something you really do not fully understand and have never even tried…

if that is harsh, I apologize but I have one gear and it is usually highly intense….
    I didn't mean for my posts about my situation to come off as "whining" about it, but I can understand what you mean. I recognize what needs to be done about it in terms of how much I'm eating. But aside from Sarah I've gotten very little help in terms of how to proceed with my home setup (other than being told to abandon it and go to my old school and use that gym).

And like I posted in a response to MrM probably a couple weeks ago, a lot of the posts I make here simply add expound or challenge points made, as opposed to telling the OP "I suggest you do this". I wouldn't call a lot of these posts "advice", unless you both consider it all the same.

Look man ..you have the tools, and the knowledge…the rest is up to you ..I really hope that you take advantage of them and build the physique that you want…

it just take hard work and dedication...
    I will try.

• deviboy1592
    I didn't intend to cause a storm, clearly some of you have issues, but the problem is if you have to label it then it's not good, flexible diet, watching what you eat, if I wanna eat cheese cake, even the word diet means something is wrong, even eat what you want, I used to love monster drinks, to me it was just a soda with some caffeine, now where I live you have to be 18 to buy it, I don't understand what all this negativity is coming from , to me, bottom line is there is good food, there is bad food, nutrition, good nutrition, yin and a damn yang, poor guy just wanted help, I assumed, ((which was wrong of me) that maybe he was in my situation, so I said my experience, then you guys come riding like the damn Lone Ranger, asking for quotes and articles, to me it's common sense, my grandparents and parents weren't over weight, America wasn't this obese, now tell me that certain foods out there isn't bad for you? Come on, macros micros, I can care less, I wanna live a long healthy overweight life, yes I said overweight, (5'11 should be 175 because I like the thick look I wanna hit 200) and if my story helps people so be it, but I won't run it at the risk of clogging an artery.

I think its time to stop posting now...

Why? I can't speak my opinion? Isn't this a free country?
  • deviboy1592
    3laine75 wrote: »
    I didn't intend to cause a storm, clearly some of you have issues, but the problem is if you have to label it then it's not good, flexible diet, watching what you eat, if I wanna eat cheese cake, even the word diet means something is wrong, even eat what you want, I used to love monster drinks, to me it was just a soda with some caffeine, now where I live you have to be 18 to buy it, I don't understand what all this negativity is coming from , to me, bottom line is there is good food, there is bad food, nutrition, good nutrition, yin and a damn yang, poor guy just wanted help, I assumed, ((which was wrong of me) that maybe he was in my situation, so I said my experience, then you guys come riding like the damn Lone Ranger, asking for quotes and articles, to me it's common sense, my grandparents and parents weren't over weight, America wasn't this obese, now tell me that certain foods out there isn't bad for you? Come on, macros micros, I can care less, I wanna live a long healthy overweight life, yes I said overweight, (5'11 should be 175 because I like the thick look I wanna hit 200) and if my story helps people so be it, but I won't run it at the risk of clogging an artery.

Wut?

Just stating that there is such a thing as bad food? Never knew it was a myth. It's just labelled different ways.
  • ForecasterJason

Trick is you have to figure out what works for you, I have a home gym, I use an app called jefit, nice simple app, give it a look over if you want.
    Thanks

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member

1. So you do care about it. If you didn't care about it then you couldn't care less, but you said that you can care less therfore you must care at least a little, right?
    2. So. Many. Commas. And. No. Full. Stops.

• deviboy1592

1. So you do care about it. If you didn't care about it then you couldn't care less, but you said that you can care less therfore you must care at least a little, right?
    2. So. Many. Commas. And. No. Full. Stops.

Wow, I guess I should've just typed that one sentence since that's all you took away from it.

I meant I don't care about all this scientific macros and micros, I just would like to keep it simple, that's all.
  • ForecasterJason

As you can see from some of the posts in this thread, I've found out myself that it's so hard to post anything on these forums that really challenges the way the long timers see things. I agree with a lot of the things you've said, but when people see things like this, they want studies and the like of what we think of as "common sense".

I'll be the first to admit that my diet is not the best that it could be. While not 100% tied in with that statement, once a week I'm at a place where refreshments are served. Regular doughnuts make up a good part of this. I do eat them; it does help get me in my attempt to bulk after all, but once I go home and fix my own lunch I know I'm eating "real" food. Most other sweets I eat are actually homemade, so I don't consider it true junk.

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Actually, it's YOUR view (bad/good foods) that's been held the longest. We are actually going against the commonly held views. You're the one reinforcing the publicly held falsehoods about food and nutrition.
  • deviboy1592

As you can see from some of the posts in this thread, I've found out myself that it's so hard to post anything on these forums that really challenges the way the long timers see things. I agree with a lot of the things you've said, but when people see things like this, they want studies and the like of what we think of as "common sense".

I'll be the first to admit that my diet is not the best that it could be. While not 100% tied in with that statement, once a week I'm at a place where refreshments are served. Regular doughnuts make up a good part of this. I do eat them; it does help get me in my attempt to bulk after all, but once I go home and fix my own lunch I know I'm eating "real" food. Most other sweets I eat are actually homemade, so I don't consider it true junk.

That's exactly what I do, but it's always good to challange our selves and others, that's how you get your gains, mentally and physically.
  • deviboy1592
    I gotta say this has been fun.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member

Wut?

Just stating that there is such a thing as bad food? Never knew it was a myth. It's just labelled different ways.

Yes, labelling things is bad but not when it's food - guess you missed that.

• deviboy1592
    Actually, it's YOUR view (bad/good foods) that's been held the longest. We are actually going against the commonly held views. You're the one reinforcing the publicly held falsehoods about food and nutrition.

Your entitled to your opinion, same as everyone. If your way works for you, great, but doesn't mean that my falsehoods aren't true, or yours false either. The fact is I can eat an apple, feel good, or I can eat a doughnut, feel bad. (Energy wise) so why would I want to put that in my body? That is what works for me. Just told my story that's all.
  • deviboy1592

Wut?

I'm sorry but why is that so Tabu?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member

Wut?

It's not but it's what YOU said, "if you have to label it then it's not good".

Hats off to you Sir, for trolling skills - and for that reason,434cs5hg0rqa.jpg

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member

Your entitled to your opinion, same as everyone. If your way works for you, great, but doesn't mean that my falsehoods aren't true, or yours false either. The fact is I can eat an apple, feel good, or I can eat a doughnut, feel bad. (Energy wise) so why would I want to put that in my body? That is what works for me. Just told my story that's all.

I feel pretty damn good when I eat a doughnut
  • deviboy1592

Wut?

It's not but it's what YOU said, "if you have to label it then it's not good".

Hats off to you Sir, for trolling skills - and for that reason,434cs5hg0rqa.jpg

Lol
  • deviboy1592

I feel pretty damn good when I eat a doughnut

Like I said, if it works for you, all the power to you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

because you are just rambling and making no sense…

sarah and side steel already broke it down for you ..and you just ignored them and kept posing BS...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

the bolded part is why you will never be able to bulk until you get over that mentality …